PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Paid attn to the Sched?

INSox56
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I was just looking at the upcoming schedule for the next month or so and realized that this could be a real bad, bad month upcoming. Bal, Cle, Bos, Det, Tor, Nyy, Det, Cle. Kneejerk reaction is going to be to call me a pessimist or dark cloud, but realistically, I think we're in trouble. You never know, obviously. Can KW really be a buyer, be it bargain basement or not, when we could potentially have this bad of a stretch?

oeo
07-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I was just looking at the upcoming schedule for the next month or so and realized that this could be a real bad, bad month upcoming. Bal, Cle, Bos, Det, Tor, Nyy, Det, Cle. Kneejerk reaction is going to be to call me a pessimist or dark cloud, but realistically, I think we're in trouble. You never know, obviously. Can KW really be a buyer, be it bargain basement or not, when we could potentially have this bad of a stretch?

Well, over our supposed easy stretch, we sucked, so who knows? Baseball is a crazy game.

We've been playing better lately, as well. Some can say that it was the Devil Rays and Royals that made us look good, but both those teams were playing pretty well at the time (especially the Royals who were on a 5-game win streak...knocking around one of the best teams in baseball). We've got the SP to shut teams down, so we have a chance to win.

MushMouth
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
We're going to win 15 of our next 18. BOOK IT!:bandance:

hahaha - actually I was using the term ironically, but I think this is pretty funny too

jdm2662
07-11-2007, 03:47 PM

People said June was going to be an easy month. Opps. It's baseball. You never know what's going to happen. I'm certainly not saying the Sox are going on some massive run, but you never know.

INSox56
07-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I actually wish that I had tickets to more of those home games. I might be the only one in WSI that has a winning record this year for attendance. :wink: Seems like every game over the last 5 I've gone to have been winners.

Jerko
07-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Sox only have 5 "easy" series for the rest of the year. Baltimore, Texas, and Kansas City 3 times. Well, we'll see what happens. Maybe they'll rise to the challenge and end up with a respectable season.

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Hopefully we'll have Podsednik and Erstad for the long haul of most of those games. It's a shame we can't count on them healthwise. Those two can work wonders for this team if we have full half-seasons from them.

There's a reason the games are played. On paper now, they look tough; but, you never know when those teams will hit funks (maybe even as bad as ours in June), or we can go on an incredible Oakland-like tear!

INSox56
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Hopefully we'll have Podsednik and Erstad for the long haul of most of those games. It's a shame we can't count on them healthwise. Those two can work wonders for this team if we have full half-seasons from them.

There's a reason the games are played. On paper now, they look tough; but, you never know when those teams will hit funks (maybe even as bad as ours in June), or we can go on an incredible Oakland-like tear!...Or 2006 Twinkie/2005 Indian tears. You never do know, but boy oh boy it's gonna be clawing and scratching our way through. All the more exciting when we go 21-9!

nevr say dye sox
07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
as long as we keeping running Terrero, Cintron, and Owens out there were doomed.

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
as long as we keeping running Terrero, Cintron, and Owens out there were doomed.
The first and last of those are decent bench players; but, I choke every time I see Cintron playing out there.

hose
07-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Time to open up a can of whoop ass on these suckers.

MCHSoxFan
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM

You know, it is the funniest thing. I was JUST looking at it a couple of hours ago. I am thinkin of going to see SOX/CLE play each other next week. My uncle knows someone to get me seats just behind the Sox dugout for July 18th. One of our relatives a long while ago was a batboy for the CLE Indians. Then, my eyes moved a little down and a little over, then I saw we were playing: CLE, BOS, DET, NYY!!!! Hey, maybe we will be HOT :angry::angry::angry::angry:
and they will be as cool as the Italian Ice I had today!!! :D:

Chicken Dinner
07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
If you can beat good teams, then you're good. If you can't, well, you're bad.

TheCommander
07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I actually wish that I had tickets to more of those home games. I might be the only one in WSI that has a winning record this year for attendance. :wink: Seems like every game over the last 5 I've gone to have been winners.

Hey,I have a PERFECT record this year-

1-0! :D:

chisoxmike
07-11-2007, 05:31 PM

They're 13 out. They're done. It's over.

I can see them playing better in the second half and possibly finishing with a .500 record.

But, with their bullpen, there is NO WAY they get into contention.

kobo
07-11-2007, 05:35 PM
If you can beat good teams, then you're good. If you can't, well, you're bad.
Thanks Farmio!! :tongue:

voodoochile
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Heck, I just looked at the next 1.5 weeks on the ESPN mini schedule and thought, "I guess June is over..."

Ah well, low expectations will mean I won't be horribly disappointed if the Sox fall completely apart the rest of the year. Of course if they take 20 of the remaining 26 games with Detroit and Cleveland, everything will be just great...

upperdeckusc
07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
lose on purpose and get a high draft pick KW!! and then take the 9th best player in the draft cuz the top 8 are all boras clients!

Frontman
07-11-2007, 05:46 PM

And if we run roughshod over this competition, we'd be right back in it. Like others have said, baseball is a crazy kind of game, and you never know what can happen.

I'm not worried about the schedule, as on any given day, the better played and managed team will win.

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
But, with their bullpen, there is NO WAY they get into contention.
What, you're not confident in MacDougal or Bukvich?

Frontman
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Where's the teal? :redneck

AnkleSox
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm 15-0 in my last 15 sox games dating back to last year. That includes 7 this year (including the one game they won at wrigley)

JB98
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Hopefully, the Buehrle signing will give the team a morale boost. That alone won't make them play better, but I refuse to believe we're going to be as bad as we were throughout June.

The bullpen will prevent us from getting back into contention, but I'm hoping we can win more than we lose for the rest of the year.

MISoxfan
07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Well at least we don't play the NL anymore. Weaker league or not, we're a couple games up against the AL and like 10 games under against the NL.

chisoxmike
07-11-2007, 08:26 PM

You're kidding right?

WhiteSox5187
07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
We're already in trouble. THe playoffs are now a pipe dream, but I think that us finishing over .500 is very much a possibility.

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Where's the teal? :redneck

You're kidding right?

C'mon guys! You didn't think I was actually serious there?! :cool:

INSox56
07-12-2007, 09:39 AM

I can see them playing better in the second half and possibly finishing with a .500 record. Yeah I'm there with you on that. I didn't think they had much of a chance of hope this season, but looking at the next 4 weeks could be downright depressing. but......

Ah well, low expectations will mean I won't be horribly disappointed if the Sox fall completely apart the rest of the year. I've come to this same point, low expectations make this season bearable. Now I can just sit back and relax, not worry about losses, not let it piss me off how bad we're playing. Hell, it might actually be fun to play the spoiler for some of the teams in our division.....boy would I love to screw any one of the teams above us in the Central........

soxfan13
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
The Sox have the toughest schedule in the majors for the second half. The collective winning percentage for the teams they will play is .539:(:

NSSoxFan
07-12-2007, 07:06 PM
The Sox have the toughest schedule in the majors for the second half. The collective winning percentage for the teams they will play is .539:(:

Talk about having a 'woah is me' attitude...

MarySwiss
07-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, over our supposed easy stretch, we sucked, so who knows? Baseball is a crazy game.

We've been playing better lately, as well. Some can say that it was the Devil Rays and Royals that made us look good, but both those teams were playing pretty well at the time (especially the Royals who were on a 5-game win streak...knocking around one of the best teams in baseball). We've got the SP to shut teams down, so we have a chance to win.

That was my first thought as well. Hell, maybe we need to play tougher teams. Who knows?

I know it's a hell of a long shot for the Sox to make the playoffs this year, but after witnessing that Cleveland second-half surge from 2005, I refuse to say die. Until--if--they do.

gaelhound
07-12-2007, 11:01 PM
When you beat them that percentage goes down, right? Then lets hope our guys play some ball and be the team that all these "good" teams do not want to face.

Chicken Dinner
07-12-2007, 11:07 PM
It doesn't matter what the schedule looks like if you can't close a game with a 7 run lead!:o:

voodoochile
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
It doesn't matter what the schedule looks like if you can't close a game with a 7 run lead!:o:

Did I miss something? Did the Sox lose tonight? :dunno:

ShoelessJoeS
07-12-2007, 11:14 PM
C'mon guys! You didn't think I was actually serious there?! :cool:Black is the new teal.

:redneck

Chicken Dinner
07-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Did I miss something? Did the Sox lose tonight? :dunno:

Very close for having a huge lead. :o:

ShoelessJoeS
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM

I can see them playing better in the second half and possibly finishing with a .500 record.

But, with their bullpen, there is NO WAY they get into contention.Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

:cool:

soxfanreggie
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
The good news about getting hot would be that we could easily start knocking games off our deficit with a sweep or two. We just have to have faith that our offense, especially PK-Dye-Thome are hitting the ball well, like Dye did tonight, driving in guys like Pods and Gooch.

voodoochile
07-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Very close for having a huge lead. :o:

Someone needs to contact the stadium announcer and tell him he needs to change the opening address to something like this, "Ladies and Gentlemen the starting lineup for your Chicago White Sox Horseshoe team..."