PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Proof Buck and McCarver Are Boring

Railsplitter
07-11-2007, 11:32 AM
No Joke, I actually missed Ichiro's home last night because I dozed off on the living room floor.

It wasn't due to beer, I haven't had one in mearly a week.

getonbckthr
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
I fell asleep in like the 5th or 6th.

VenturaFan23
07-11-2007, 12:01 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5818986

"You know when you fall asleep, you tend to doze off for a few innings."

SBSoxFan
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM

:rolling:

You know, if the game didn't start around 9 p.m. eastern, many of us may have been able to stay awake for it. :rolleyes: After my kids got to bed, I turned on the tv and they had just finished the reserves. Then we have the starters, Mays riding around the field, the national anthem, etc. Start the game already!

Regarding Ichiro's HR, weren't they interviewing someone at the time too? So the attention was not even on the game then.

MeteorsSox4367
07-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Ventura fan: Nicely done with the McCarver picture and quote. I got home from working late, fell asleep about 9:30 and that was it. This morning in the paper, I read that Bobby Jenks didn't even pitch, so I didn't miss a heck of a lot.

I was just hoping to hear McCarver say something from the Magic Johnson School of Analysis along the lines of "The team that scores the most points will win."

Now, that's insightful.

Madvora
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Is there video of that HR online anywhere? I didn't even bother to watch the game.

VenturaFan23
07-11-2007, 12:59 PM
:rolling:

You know, if the game didn't start around 9 p.m. eastern, many of us may have been able to stay awake for it. :rolleyes: After my kids got to bed, I turned on the tv and they had just finished the reserves. Then we have the starters, Mays riding around the field, the national anthem, etc. Start the game already!

Regarding Ichiro's HR, weren't they interviewing someone at the time too? So the attention was not even on the game then.

I really wanted to go to bed early last night from being tired all day, but unfortunately the NL made it interesting in the end, so I couldn't help but watch it all.

SOXPHILE
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Fortunately for me, the bar I watched the game at either had the sound muted, or just turned down too low to hear. I was spared the verbal diarrhea and "McCarver'isms".

SBSoxFan
07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Is there video of that HR online anywhere? I didn't even bother to watch the game.

Yes, on the mlb sight there are tons of clips. That's how I saw Ichiro's HR. Unfortunately, you have to watch a state farm commercial before each one of them. :angry:

Vernam
07-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes, on the mlb sight there are tons of clips. That's how I saw Ichiro's HR. Unfortunately, you have to watch a state farm commercial before each one of them. :angry:On the bright side, those commercials have not a trace of McCarver or Buck. :cool:

After the game, they were doing their "two shot" in the booth to wrap up the game. McCarver made some indecipherable comment to the effect that "the American League just did to the National League what the National League did to the American League before, etc." It made even less damn sense than what I just wrote. Anyway, Buck kind of called him on it, then tried to blow it off. McCarver tried joking about it, but you could tell he was pissed and a little embarrassed. Buck's no prize himself, but he must be wondering if his destiny is to keep playing Pat Hughes to McCarver's Ron Santo. At least Santo realizes he's a buffoon. He does, doesn't he?!

Vernam

ilsox7
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
On the bright side, those commercials have not a trace of McCarver or Buck. :cool:

After the game, they were doing their "two shot" in the booth to wrap up the game. McCarver made some indecipherable comment to the effect that "the American League just did to the National League what the National League did to the American League before, etc." It made even less damn sense than what I just wrote. Anyway, Buck kind of called him on it, then tried to blow it off. McCarver tried joking about it, but you could tell he was pissed and a little embarrassed. Buck's no prize himself, but he must be wondering if his destiny is to keep playing Pat Hughes to McCarver's Ron Santo. At least Santo realizes he's a buffoon. He does, doesn't he?!

Vernam

Joe Buck is, by far, the worst announcer in all of sports. He has ruined many, many games in his time.

Vernam
07-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Joe Buck is, by far, the worst announcer in all of sports. He has ruined many, many games in his time.I meant no implicit praise by comparing him to Pat Hughes. :wink:

Vernam

Railsplitter
07-11-2007, 08:14 PM

:kneeslap:
It's interesting that during the Series last year, sportswriters blamed the low rating on the lack of the Yankkes, while Daily Herald TV critic Ted Cox blamed the on-air "talent"