PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Interleague Opponents?

Viva Medias B's
07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Does anyone have any inkling as to who our 2008 interleague opponents (besides the Cubs) will be? I think this is the year we play the NL West, but this year's schedule was mixed with NL East and NL Central teams. I'd like to see us play the Giants in S.F. and the Cardinals at new Busch Stadium.

Railsplitter
07-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Does anyone have any inkling as to who our 2008 interleague opponents (besides the Cubs) will be? I think this is the year we play the NL West, but this year's schedule was mixed with NL East and NL Central teams. I'd like to see us play the Giants in S.F. and the Cardinals at new Busch Stadium.

The schedule won't be announced until September. I know the Dodgers played here in 2005, so if the'll be on tap, two interleague trips to the coast are unlikely.

MCHSoxFan
07-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I am not sure about any official information, however, I would like to see PHIL AND the METS play us at the Cell. Then, I would the Sox to play LAD and ATL both on the road.

Kogs35
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
the rockies should be making a trip here, and the sox should be going to sf just because we havnt gone to sf and the rockies havn't come here yet.

letsgosox1592
07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I predict that the Mets and Padres will come here while the sox go to San Fransico and St. Louis.

Dick Allen
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
The interleague scheduling gets screwier with each passing year. I still don't get why we played at PIT and home against HOU two years in a row.

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I would like to see them play in SF and maybe LA. I would def. go to those games. Rent a car and drive from SF to LA. I wouldnt mind Colorado either.

WS in 05
07-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Milwaukee would be nice and easy!

Lip Man 1
07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
When interleague started you may remember Proud To Be Your Bud stated that every third year two divisions would meet. For example in year one the AL and NL Central play each other, then it's the AL Central vs. the NL East, then the AL Central vs. the NL West.

Naturally that went out the window rather quickly.

I agree...the 'logic' for interleague is insane. If you must have it, go back to the original idea of it.

These unbalanced interleague schedules are starting to affect divisional races more and more, at least a 'normal' rotation brings some order back into it.

Lip

y2j2785
07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
teams like the Mets, Nationals, Rockies, and Brewers are candidates to play at the Cell next year and Giants, Mets, Brewers, and Nationals are all candidates to be road games next year imo.

stl_sox_fan
07-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I predict that the Mets and Padres will come here while the sox go to San Fransico and St. Louis.

I hope you are correct. I need to exorcise the ghosts of the Sox last visit to St Louis.

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
When interleague started you may remember Proud To Be Your Bud stated that every third year two divisions would meet. For example in year one the AL and NL Central play each other, then it's the AL Central vs. the NL East, then the AL Central vs. the NL West.

Naturally that went out the window rather quickly.

I agree...the 'logic' for interleague is insane. If you must have it, go back to the original idea of it.

These unbalanced interleague schedules are starting to affect divisional races more and more, at least a 'normal' rotation brings some order back into it.

Lip

What was the justification of the selection of teams anyways for this year's completely mixed up scheduling?

RockJock07
07-11-2007, 02:53 PM
weren't the dodgers at the Cell in 05? Cause AJ hit a walk off shot to left center in the saturday game. I would guess the Sox would go to SF and LA and The Rockies and Padres come to the cell. However, The Sox haven't been to Milwaukee since 03 or 04 and have never been to RFK so maybe MLB mixes it up.

Kogs35
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
weren't the dodgers at the Cell in 05? Cause AJ hit a walk off shot to left center in the saturday game. I would guess the Sox would go to SF and LA and The Rockies and Padres come to the cell. However, The Sox haven't been to Milwaukee since 03 or 04 and have never been to RFK so maybe MLB mixes it up.

the sox where in la in 03 and the padres where here in chicago in 03, with the dodgers returning trips in 05, and the sox went to petco in 05 as well. the rockies have not been to us cellular yet, while the sox have yet to goto san fransisco.

besides the cubs my guess is we will see the sox goto sanfran, and one of la,san dieago, or arizona, while the rockies and some1 else coming back here

AZChiSoxFan
07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Here's hoping that the Sox come to AZ.

The Sox came here in 2003, while somehow Minn came here in 2003, 2004, and 2005. :angry::angry:

07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope the Sox play @ LAD - SFG - SD next year! :smile:

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Here's hoping that the Sox come to AZ.

The Sox came here in 2003, while somehow Minn came here in 2003, 2004, and 2005. :angry::angry:

AZ would not be bad either. I am planning a trip out there next year to see my Grandma so this would be killing two birds with one stone. I would even do a California game and then fly to AZ.

nccwsfan
07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Best guess is that they'll play teams in the NL West next season. If you go by 05' we would play home games vs. SD, SF, or COL, and road games vs. LA, SF, or AZ. With 5 teams in the NL West and AL Central this should be a little easier to figure out. We'll see...

Obviously we'll also have the crosstown games vs. the Cubs.

PeoriaSoxFan
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I would like to see Interleague play end all together. We should play the Cubs no more than 4 times. We play them now just about as often as we play AL East teams. If it must continue, and of course it will, I would like to see the Brewers on our schedule since they were once a division opponent.