PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter...Coming Soon?

Petch
07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
The Sun-Times today ran an article quoting Torii Hunter talking about the possibility of playing in Chicago:

"I hit well in Chicago, and I see well in the outfield. The ball rolls true in the outfield, and it's a nice place. Nice background. The ball flies, you can take home runs away and I can't get knocked out. It's impressive. Can't break your leg in the corner, pretty nice."

Could this really be a possibility? I know Hunter is scheduled to be a free agent after this season, but could we really put a package together that would make this trade acceptable for both teams despite the fact that it is a division rivalry? I personally would love to see Hunter hitting and robbing Home Runs for the good guys.

AJ Hellraiser
07-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I surely hope not... I know his defense is great... but he strikes out a lot and is IRONICALLY, having his best offensive season in his free agent year...

As long as he isn't with the Twins anymore and robbing the Sox players of HR's, barreling over our catchers or crushing the ball against us I'll be happy.. but that doesn't mean I want him in a Sox uniform

Blueprint1
07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
We will see what happens. Players that are free agents like to make it seem like every town is where they want to play.

Nellie_Fox
07-11-2007, 01:43 AM
And today's St. Paul Pioneer Press had an article about how much Torii could picture himself in a Giants uni, playing for the same team that Willy Mays played for. He's going to smooch every team that he thinks might bid for him.

Link (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_6336831?nclick_check=1)