07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
:reinsy
"Kenny, can you come to my office for a minute?"

:KW
"Sure, Jerry. I'll be right over."

:KW
"What's up?"

:reinsy
"Kenny, I've decided that you can sign one of these three big name free agents: Alex Rodriguez, Ichiro Suzuki, or Torii Hunter. If you want to, you can also sign Aaron Rowand. But regardless of whether you sign Aaron or not, you can still sign one of the three big names I gave you."

I don't know if such a real conversation would take place, but which of the big three would you want KW to sign?

eriqjaffe
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Willie Harris

thomas35forever
07-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Ichiro. Although Torii wouldn't mind coming to the South Side, Ichiro seems like more of an all-around player.

oeo
07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I think with the Mariners good play this year, they will sign Ichiro to an extension before the year is up.

Really, I'd rather go low-key like we did in 2005, again...so I say none of the above, unless Ichiro is still on the market.

sox1970
07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Ichiro is about to sign a 5 year extension with Seattle. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7009112?MSNHPHMA

Torii Hunter would be a nice fit here I think.

JB98
07-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Torii, without a second thought.

Would strengthen us and weaken our hated division rival.

getonbckthr
07-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Ichiro is staying, Torii is a product of contract year, Arod is the best ever.

JB98
07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Ichiro is staying, Torii is a product of contract year, Arod is the best ever.

I think Torii has had a pretty good career. Obviously, he is having one of his best offensive seasons. But he doesn't strike me as the sort of player who plays for numbers.

That said, I smell a bidding war between Boston and New York for his services. If that happens, the Sox should stay away and take a look at the second tier of free-agent outfielders. Some good players in there (Rowand, Cameron, Byrnes).

getonbckthr
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I think Torii has had a pretty good career. Obviously, he is having one of his best offensive seasons. But he doesn't strike me as the sort of player who plays for numbers.

That said, I smell a bidding war between Boston and New York for his services. If that happens, the Sox should stay away and take a look at the second tier of free-agent outfielders. Some good players in there (Rowand, Cameron, Byrnes).
Actually your right he is pretty consistent except his average jumps around. Still though he makes 12 now i'm assuming 15-16 in the market. If you can have Hunter at 15-16 or Arod at 20-22 who would you take?

JB98
07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Actually your right he is pretty consistent except his average jumps around. Still though he makes 12 now i'm assuming 15-16 in the market. If you can have Hunter at 15-16 or Arod at 20-22 who would you take?

Hunter at 15-16 because CF is a gaping hole on our team. The biggest hole outside of middle relief, in fact.

Dibbs
07-10-2007, 05:48 PM
I can't believe all these Sox fans pining and gushing over Hunter in all these threads. He is one of my 3 least favorite players in the league, and I wouldn't want him on the Sox for any price.

I would go with ARod. He is one of the best players ever.

JB98
07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I can't believe all these Sox fans pining and gushing over Hunter in all these threads. He is one of my 3 least favorite players in the league, and I wouldn't want him on the Sox for any price.

I would go with ARod. He is one of the best players ever.

I hate Hunter's guts too.

But I'd take him on the Sox in a second. Unless you'd like another season of an Owens/Terrero platoon. Or another season of injured Erstad. Or another Brian Anderson experiment.

GAsoxfan
07-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Ichiro is about to sign a 5 year extension with Seattle. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7009112?MSNHPHMA

Torii Hunter would be a nice fit here I think.

$20M a year! I guess this sets the benchmark for FA outfielders this year. Maybe the market will correct itself in 2008.

getonbckthr
07-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Hunter at 15-16 because CF is a gaping hole on our team. The biggest hole outside of middle relief, in fact.
Ummm Juan Uribe?! The price increase from Owens/Anderson to Hunter and from Uribe to Arod will be the same like 15 million.

JB98
07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Ummm Juan Uribe?! The price increase from Owens/Anderson to Hunter and from Uribe to Arod will be the same like 15 million.

I don't like Uribe either, and I think his option should be declined at the end of the year. However, it's very clear to me that CF is a bigger hole for us than SS. We are getting practically no production whatsoever out of CF.

Uribe wouldn't bother me so much if he was the only weak hitter on the team. Instead, we have an outfield full of weak hitters, which makes his ineptitude at the plate more exasperating.

The Sox could potentially bring Uribe back at a reduced rate, since the free-agent SS crop is piss-poor this offseason.

Daver
07-10-2007, 06:11 PM
The Sox could potentially bring Uribe back at a reduced rate, since the free-agent SS crop is piss-poor this offseason.

With the way the business of baseball works, no they can't.

upperdeckusc
07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
I hate Hunter's guts too.

But I'd take him on the Sox in a second. Unless you'd like another season of an Owens/Terrero platoon. Or another season of injured Erstad. Or another Brian Anderson experiment.

i'd rather have owens in CF to leadoff and arod at SS then torii in CF and uribe still at SS at the bottom of the order. in the 1st idea, we have a viable option at leadoff, and fixed the SS position. in the 2nd idea, you still have a whole at leadoff.

getonbckthr
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't like Uribe either, and I think his option should be declined at the end of the year. However, it's very clear to me that CF is a bigger hole for us than SS. We are getting practically no production whatsoever out of CF.

Uribe wouldn't bother me so much if he was the only weak hitter on the team. Instead, we have an outfield full of weak hitters, which makes his ineptitude at the plate more exasperating.

Wouldn't this make him more valuable though?

JB98
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
i'd rather have owens in CF to leadoff and arod at SS then torii in CF and uribe still at SS at the bottom of the order. in the 1st idea, we have a viable option at leadoff, and fixed the SS position. in the 2nd idea, you still have a whole at leadoff.

I'd rather be shot in the face than have Owens in CF next year, A-Rod or not.

JB98
07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
With the way the business of baseball works, no they can't.

Good point. Maybe that's not practical.

JB98
07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Wouldn't this make him more valuable though?

Personally, I'd like to see us acquire a young SS via trade. Mainly because I think A-Rod will command more than that $20 million figure you tossed out there.

upperdeckusc
07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I'd rather be shot in the face than have Owens in CF next year, A-Rod or not.

i can say the same thing about having uribe at SS next yr. at least owens has the potential to be better than uribe ever was. its a cliche, but speed doesnt slump. owens can easily have 2 hit games by simply getting bunts down. u NEVER know what ur gonna get with uribe. but. we agree to disagree...

JB98
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
i can say the same thing about having uribe at SS next yr. at least owens has the potential to be better than uribe ever was. its a cliche, but speed doesnt slump. owens can easily have 2 hit games by simply getting bunts down. u NEVER know what ur gonna get with uribe. but. we agree to disagree...

I'm not defending Uribe. I'd like to see a change at SS. I just don't think A-Rod is realistic.

Owens can't hit the ball hard enough to break a pane of glass. He has 75 ABs and not a single RBI yet. He is average AT BEST in the outfield. His swing is long and loopy. Good pitchers practically knock the bat out of his hands.

But I'm sure many Sox fans are in love with him just because he bunted for two base hits. Sorry, but Owens is Mike Caruso at the plate.

Flight #24
07-10-2007, 07:55 PM
With the assumption being that the Sox will afford the one I pick and not be trimming elsewhere (which is probably unrealistic), it's a no-brainer that you get ARod. Esp if you can also sign Rowand.

ARod gives you so much more than Torii, except that extra "i". He's going to own the HR record. He's arguably the best player in the game, and one of the best in the history of the game. He plays solid D at SS and provides some speed along with his ludicrous power. He's beter at every facet of hitting than Torii by a long shot. And as noted, his D is pretty good (or at least it was when he played SS).

And from a tradeoff perspective, it's a lot easier to find a stopgap CF that can contribute than an SS. Sweeney/Anderson would be an option. Kenny Lofton could be an option. Rowand. At SS, it's Uribe or ?????.

And from a revenue standpoint, ARod will generate a ton more than Torii. And that's before factoring in the boost you'll get in a few years when he's eclipsing Barroids.

Daver
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Good point. Maybe that's not practical.

No, it is impossible.

eastchicagosoxfan
07-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I like the " flying under the radar " approach. A-Rod is a great player, but I think he breaks the bank. Who's the next Jermaine Dye? Hunter is a grinder. Is A-Rod? I voted for Hunter. The Sox need to break up the base-clogging triumvirate of Thome, Konerko and Dye.

Frater Perdurabo
07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I like the " flying under the radar " approach. A-Rod is a great player, but I think he breaks the bank. Who's the next Jermaine Dye? Hunter is a grinder. Is A-Rod? I voted for Hunter. The Sox need to break up the base-clogging triumvirate of Thome, Konerko and Dye.

I think Dye could be the next Dye. In left field. His sub-par season should make him less expensive.

I'd love to have A-Rod. But unless the Sox are willing to invest now in a larger payroll, signing him would mean cuts elsewhere.

I'm most concerned about finding a leadoff hitter. With Ichiro apparently re-signing with Seattle, I have no idea who might be available. Neither Rowand nor Hunter are viable options to lead off. In a "perfect world," the Sox find a good-glove SS who can lead off, and have Anderson play CF just for his glove, and accept whatever he brings on offense. FWIW, I think Anderson would hit 20 homers, 30 doubles and .250 if given a full season.

kittle42
07-10-2007, 11:41 PM
The answer is the one who is one of the best hitters of our age.

chisoxfanatic
07-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Ichiro and ARod are both going to command more money than Hunter. Sucking up my loathe for the guy, I'd say Hunter. He's an above-average in quality hitter and a superb fielder.

DumpJerry
07-11-2007, 07:19 AM
The three choices in the poll:

Ichiro: Wait five years now.
A-Rod: Borass client.
Hunter: boatload of Gold Gloves and loves fielding and hitting in Comiskey.

On behalf of 96.56% of the members of WSI, I would like that the thread starter from excluding Rowand from the poll.:bandance::supernana::bandance:

Moses_Scurry
07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Phase 1: Re-unite Torii Hunter with AJ

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Field a lineup with Hunter, AJ, Morneau and a rotation with Johan Santana

If the Sox can't beat the twins, they should become the twins!

balke
07-11-2007, 09:46 AM
If money's not an issue, A-rod is the greatest player in baseball so its kinda a no-brainer. If money is an issue (which it is) I'd go with Andruw Jones. If Jones is unavailable, Torii Hunter would be a good pick to take a player from Minnesota and help here. After that Bobby Abreu should be available cheap.

Edit: Nathan is available this offseason as of now. It wouldn't be possible since the Sox have a closer, but landing a stud bullpen arm is what Kenny should do first and foremost. Linebrink and Rivera also are free agents at season's end.

Mr. White Sox
07-11-2007, 10:00 AM
If money's not an issue, A-rod is the greatest player in baseball so its kinda a no-brainer. If money is an issue (which it is) I'd go with Andruw Jones. If Jones is unavailable, Torii Hunter would be a good pick to take a player from Minnesota and help here. After that Bobby Abreu should be available cheap.

Edit: Nathan is available this offseason as of now. It wouldn't be possible since the Sox have a closer, but landing a stud bullpen arm is what Kenny should do first and foremost. Linebrink and Rivera also are free agents at season's end.

Rivera will stay a Yankee or retire IMO. Linebrink has crossed the hard-to-cross line from underrated reliever to soon-to-be-overpaid setup guy. KW's line of thinking will most likely be that there is plenty of value to find elsewhere in cheaper bullpen arms. Because of Ichiro's imminent re-signing with Seattle, Torii Hunter is now the premiere CF in the off-season, which could force NYY and BOS into a bidding war for the guy.

I dislike Andruw Jones as a player; he's losing speed and jumps in CF and he's putting together quite a suspect season with the bat. However, he'll probably come much cheaper and has been a target of KW's for quite some time. It really wouldn't surprise me if they make a run at Andruw over the winter. He's a Boras guy though, right?

I'd rather go for someone like Eric Byrnes on a three year deal, but I'm sure he'll be overpaid after his breakout season at 31, so he'll most likely get a 4-year 40-44mil deal. I'd still like to see a 1/2 year of Brian Anderson and make a decision after seeing him play for a consistent period of time.

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Torii Hunter!

balke
07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Rivera will stay a Yankee or retire IMO. Linebrink has crossed the hard-to-cross line from underrated reliever to soon-to-be-overpaid setup guy. KW's line of thinking will most likely be that there is plenty of value to find elsewhere in cheaper bullpen arms. Because of Ichiro's imminent re-signing with Seattle, Torii Hunter is now the premiere CF in the off-season, which could force NYY and BOS into a bidding war for the guy.

I dislike Andruw Jones as a player; he's losing speed and jumps in CF and he's putting together quite a suspect season with the bat. However, he'll probably come much cheaper and has been a target of KW's for quite some time. It really wouldn't surprise me if they make a run at Andruw over the winter. He's a Boras guy though, right?

I'd rather go for someone like Eric Byrnes on a three year deal, but I'm sure he'll be overpaid after his breakout season at 31, so he'll most likely get a 4-year 40-44mil deal. I'd still like to see a 1/2 year of Brian Anderson and make a decision after seeing him play for a consistent period of time.

I'll be pretty shocked if BA doesn't play this 2nd half, but I don't wanna make the 3,000th thread about it.

The thoughts you are having about Jones are exactly why I'd like to see him in a Sox uni. He has decieving range, because he gets such great jumps on the ball. He's still a top if not the top CFer in the game defensively. A-rod hit .214 out of nowhere the first half of last season, and is having a great year so far.

I'd go with him, he'll be slightly cheaper than expected and in USCF might break Albert Belle's record for HR's in a Sox Uniform.

WhiteSox5187
07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
If Ichiro is available in the free agent market, I'd say get him. But it looks like he's about to sign with Seattle. So I'd take Hunter over A-Rod. We can't bring back Uribe at short, that is unacceptable, but ya know what? I'm not so sure A-Rod can play short anymore. He's a bit bigger now than he was while playing short. I'm not so sure he can do that...Hunter is a good fit because we NEED someone in CF. We also need a leadoff guy. My idea? David Eckstein.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Anyone that says Hunter over A-Rod should get themselves checked. Lets see what A-Rod brings to the team;
- great defense at SS or 3B
- best player of his time (soon he WILL be the best of all time)
- a lot of attention on and off the field (maybe good or bad but just look at our manager, you'd think he's brittney spears or paris hilton sometimes)
- consistent play, .300, 35-50 HRs, 100-130 RBIs every year
- durable, had one or two unhealthy seasons very early in his career
- team player looking to win a title
- will probably end up hitting 800+ HRs and breaking juice boy's all-time home run record whenever that is set
- will sell the remaining seats that we can't sell and bring a big name to the southside that we haven't had in.... a WHILE
- we'll see him in a lot of endorsements w/ him wearing the white sox hat, jersey, etc., again getting us more attention (some of you may say "we don't need any attention", it's not attention for YOU, it's attention from a business stand point that every owner/investor wants more and more of)
- he's only 31 years old

someone else can compile hunter's list but it sure as hell won't be half as good a-rod's. and those who may focus on a-rod being a distraction, that's BS. babe ruth was a distraction off the field but he and his teams ended up doing very well. same goes for mickey mantle and many, many more. and don't forget that hunter is on sheffield's side about how black athletes stay away from baseball because the game doesn't market towards them because they can't "control them". that kind of talk makes me sick.

letsgosox1592
07-11-2007, 11:57 AM
No doubt about it, I would sign A-Rod. he is the best player in baseball and he would give the Sox a great shortstop. then you trade either Thome or Konerko and move Josh Fields to first base, and Crede at 3rd. Your outfield is in Left Darin Erstad, in Center either Jerry Owens/Brian Anderson/Luis Terrero and in Right Ryan Sweeney. In the offseason we should trade Contreras for bullpen help and some prospects.

My 2008 lineup

1) Darin Erstad Lf
2) Tadihito Iguchi 2nd
3) Thome/Konerko (which ever you dont trade) DH/1b
4) A-Rod SS
5) Joe Crede 3b
6) A.J. c
7) Josh Fields 1b/DH
8) Ryan Sweeney Rf
9) Owens/Anderson/Terrero Cf

Starting Rotation
1) Mark Buehrle
2) Jon Garland
3) Javier Vasquez
4) John Danks
5) Gio Gonzalez

Bullpen
Bobby Jenks
Boone Logan
Matt Thorton
Mike McDougal
Nick Masset
Player for Contreras

chisoxfanatic
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I'd still like to see a 1/2 year of Brian Anderson and make a decision after seeing him play for a consistent period of time.
I think I'll pass on that. I'm done with the Brian Anderson experiement.

Matlock
07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I really hope that the Sox somehow bring Rowand back, I was telling the wife the other night that our team just seems so flat and that they're playing without any intensity. A guy like Aaron Rowand would really light a fire under this team and bring us another World Series. Plus, the wife thinks he cute.

HomeFish
07-11-2007, 02:44 PM

You know who used to be one of my 3 least favorite players in the league? AJ Pierzynski. Now I worship the ground he walks on.

A change of uniform changes everything. The only exception I would make is Doug Mientkiewhateverthehellich. If he ever comes to the Sox, I'm becoming a Brewers fan.

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I really hope that the Sox somehow bring Rowand back, I was telling the wife the other night that our team just seems so flat and that they're playing without any intensity. A guy like Aaron Rowand would really light a fire under this team and bring us another World Series. Plus, the wife thinks he cute.

:puking:

One day it will stop.

Matlock
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM

One day it will stop.

The World Series victories stopped coming when we traded Rowand, he was a key factor both on the field and in the clubhouse! Bring him back!

Nellie_Fox
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I really hope that the Sox somehow bring Rowand back, I was telling the wife the other night that our team just seems so flat and that they're playing without any intensity. A guy like Aaron Rowand would really light a fire under this team and bring us another World Series. Plus, the wife thinks he cute.**heavy sigh**

One day it will stop.No. No it won't.

Nellie_Fox
07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
The World Series victories stopped coming when we traded Rowand, he was a key factor both on the field and in the clubhouse! Bring him back!
Yep, that was the only change the Sox made after 2005.

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Oh I am sorry. I did not realize that he was around for multiple WS victories since we only one 1. If he is such a god why didnt we win anything the year before or the year before that.
Sure he was a key factor just as much as the other guys that walked on that field. People really need to get over Rowand. It is unreal. Maybe he should just come to the Sox and sit on the bench with some pom poms.

I bet he would look really dreamy then.

Matlock
07-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I really think the Sox need to think small, spending too much money is not wise at this juncture. I think the core of a championship team is here. As long as we get Crawford for Contereras all will work, trust me the wife does.

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I really think the Sox need to think small, spending too much money is not wise at this juncture. I think the core of a championship team is here. As long as we get Crawford for Contereras all will work, trust me the wife does.

I am sure that will happen. Right away. Someone email Brooks and let him know that if we make this trade the Sox will be swimming in WS trophies. Oh and DO NOT forget to tell Brooks that we NEED Aaron back. He is our cheerleader. You know what while we are at it, can we get El Duque, Cliff Politte, Neal Cotts, and Man Soo Lee too.

Thanks

Jerko
07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Losing Rowand doesn't bother me. The horse**** that's replaced him in center field since the beginning of 2006, however, rankles me a good turn. That's half of the problem. If the Sox had a decent CF, wouldn't we see a decline in the A-Row man-love? Or am I underestimating the legend here?

Matlock
07-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I am sure that will happen. Right away. Someone email Brooks and let him know that if we make this trade the Sox will be swimming in WS trophies. Oh and DO NOT forget to tell Brooks that we NEED Aaron back. He is our cheerleader. You know what while we are at it, can we get El Duque, Cliff Politte, Neal Cotts, and Man Soo Lee too.

Thanks

Brooks is the most incompetent person working for the White Sox. Plus he doesn't make the trades, that's Williams' job.

Aaron Rowand will save this team!

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Brooks is the most incompetent person working for the White Sox. Plus he doesn't make the trades, that's Williams' job.

Aaron Rowand will save this team!

The Brooks comment was a joke. But I had no idea this whole time that KW does the trades.

You really need to put this down. Aaron is not a god. He does have nice legs if MLB decides to have cheerleaders. I agree with Jerko. If we had a better CF right now and last year people would not have such a ridiculous obsession for Aaron.

:bong:

Matlock
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
The Brooks comment was a joke. But I had no idea this whole time that KW does the trades.

You really need to put this down. Aaron is not a god. He does have nice legs if MLB decides to have cheerleaders. I agree with Jerko. If we had a better CF right now and last year people would not have such a ridiculous obsession for Aaron.

:bong:

First of all God is God. I am just being logical Rowand is about the only person that can save this team at this point. He is the spark plug and the gateway to another championship. You need to get over you obvious hate to Aaron what did he do to you beside bring a championship to the Sox. He was and still is to a matter a face to the Sox organization

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
First of all God is God. I am just being logical Rowand is about the only person that can save this team at this point. He is the spark plug and the gateway to another championship. You need to get over you obvious hate to Aaron what did he do to you beside bring a championship to the Sox. He was and still is to a matter a face to the Sox organization

This is leading no where, but I leave this awesome conversation with this. I do not hate Aaron. Thanks for being a PART of the 2005 Aaron, but that was all he was, a part. A part of a team with others who also helped bring the championship. I guess that the starters going 4 complete games was nothing? Or Pods walkoff in Game 2 along with Paulies grandslam. They probably could not have done it without Aaron though. If you honestly think that if he comes back tomorrow the season will make a turn around and we will be in the playoffs you are crazy. What would help save the Sox would be a more consistent bullpen and our outfield being healthy. Along with Dye being able to hit the ball instead of going 0 for whatever.

Matlock
07-11-2007, 03:40 PM
This is leading no where, but I leave this awesome conversation with this. I do not hate Aaron. Thanks for being a PART of the 2005 Aaron, but that was all he was, a part. A part of a team with others who also helped bring the championship. I guess that the starters going 4 complete games was nothing? Or Pods walkoff in Game 2 along with Paulies grandslam. They probably could not have done it without Aaron though. If you honestly think that if he comes back tomorrow the season will make a turn around and we will be in the playoffs you are crazy. What would help save the Sox would be a more consistent bullpen and our outfield being healthy. Along with Dye being able to hit the ball instead of going 0 for whatever.

Exactly, without Rowand none of that would have happened because we would have never won that division without him and his intensity. He lit the fire that sparked that team! You cannot deny his presence. Rowand would rejuvenate this team right into another World Series sweep. `

Nellie_Fox
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Matlock, this is old, old, old territory on this board. The "Rowand as savior" idea has been run into the ground over and over again. Let it drop.

jenn2080
07-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Exactly, without Rowand none of that would have happened because we would have never won that division without him and his intensity. He lit the fire that sparked that team! You cannot deny his presence. Rowand would rejuvenate this team right into another World Series sweep. `

You clearly misunderstood me being a smart ass. I do not agree with you in the slightest other than he was a part of the team and an great cheerleader since that was all he did in the playoffs. Aaron had the ARod syndrom. Poor Buehrle, Garland, Jenks, Cliff, Jose, Paulie, Pods, Juan, Crede, etc etc etc. They apparently get no credit in your eyes.

Luke
07-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Don't forget about curing cancer and eliminating traffic jams.

chisoxmike
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Holy ****ing ****!

I thought the people last year that overrated Rowand were bad, this is just insane!

You can't possibly be serious in this post. If you are, nice work. :thumbsup: :bandance:

If Rowand is so great and this "savior", why didn't the Phillies make the playoffs last year?

HomeFish
07-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Question to the Rowand crowd:

Can Aaron Rowand make a rock so heavy that even he cannot lift it?

WhiteSoxFan84
07-12-2007, 03:27 AM

If you think about it, the World Series LOSSES also stopped since Rowand left......

I'd take A-Row over what we have in CF now, but not over what we could have in the offseason. I'd take Ichiro, Andruw Jones, Torii Hunter, and Eric Brynes, in that order, ahead of him. Love the guy, but he SUCKED in the World Series both offensively and defensively and didn't do much for the Sox other than that one half season.

A-Rod would be nice.

santo=dorf
07-12-2007, 06:01 AM
**heavy sigh**

No. No it won't.
Sure it will. After the Sox sign Rowand this offseason, there will no longer be any "we need Rowand" posts.

DumpJerry
07-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks to The Allmighty (a/k/a Aaron Rowand), the NL will once again not have the home field advantage in the World Series.

Matlock, you got it wrong. We have not won any World Series titles since Willie Harris was allowed to leave the team. Without him, there would have been no sweep because Willie, and only Willie, would have scored that run in Game 4.

Matlock
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks to The Allmighty (a/k/a Aaron Rowand), the NL will once again not have the home field advantage in the World Series.

Matlock, you got it wrong. We have not won any World Series titles since Willie Harris was allowed to leave the team. Without him, there would have been no sweep because Willie, and only Willie, would have scored that run in Game 4.

Maybe Rowand lost the Allstar game on purpose because he plans on being back with the Sox via trade this season( Contereras for ROWAND please KW get this done) to bring us to title contention.

soxfan13
07-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Maybe Rowand lost the Allstar game on purpose because he plans on being back with the Sox via trade this season( Contereras for ROWAND please KW get this done) to bring us to title contention.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matlock
07-12-2007, 11:23 AM
YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want Rowand back. The wife even thinks its destiny.

soxfan13
07-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want Rowand back. The wife even thinks its destiny.

Its not about wanting him or not wanting him back. Its about this topic being brought up every other day.

rdwj
07-12-2007, 11:53 AM
All things being equal, Kenny would be INSANE not to take A-Rod if he could have one of those three.

jenn2080
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Who cares if he comes back or not. Everyone is just tired of people and the love fest for him. It is unreal that a guy who was an average Center Fielder and a great cheerleader gets so much love. It is an obsession that people cannot even comprehend. Some dude on my flight named his kid after him. I just do not get it. He is gone get over it.

Does your wife think it is destiny because he is cute? Is your wife a general manager for a baseball team?

Nellie_Fox
07-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm becoming more and more convinced that Matlock is just someone who is trying to see how much of an uproar he can generate without being a completely obvious troll. His trade suggestions are so ludicrous that he cannot possibly be serious about them, so what else am I to think?

Hell, why half-step: Contreras for Pujols; get it done, Kenny!

soxfanreggie
07-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Considering our production in CF, I would still sign A-Rod. Anytime you can get someone who will likely be one of the top 3 or 4 to ever play the game, you get him. If Jerry gave me carte blanche, I would sign A-Rod and Rowand (need a CF and nobody we have is better than him). You can play A-Rod at short, and it is an amazing upgrade from Uribe. Heck, you can even trade Uribe to a team and maybe get a prospect for him.

I don't mind Rowand hitting 6th or 7th in our line-up at all.

BadBobbyJenks
07-13-2007, 12:52 AM
The three choices in the poll:

Ichiro: Wait five years now.
A-Rod: Borass client.
Hunter: boatload of Gold Gloves and loves fielding and hitting in Comiskey.

On behalf of 96.56% of the members of WSI, I would like that the thread starter from excluding Rowand from the poll.:bandance::supernana::bandance:

On behalf of the 3.44% of WSI, i would like to say we are dissapointed a thread that had nothing to do with rowand somehow led to rowand bashing

chisoxfanatic
07-13-2007, 01:06 AM
You can cancel the postgame show on Ichiro now. I was listening to the Mariner's broadcast on Extra Innings tonight, and the postgame crew mentioned that they were 99% certain that the Mariners were calling a press conference sometime tomorrow to announce a contract extension for Ichiro.