PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Baltimore?

HawkDJ
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
I planned this trip back in March and while I expected the Sox to be doing a bit better than they are, I'm still excited to see Camden Yards. I'll be there Sunday and probably either Friday or Saturday wearing a Harold Baines jersey and a Charlotte Knights hat (since half the team has been there this year anyway). Anyone else?

whitesoxwilkes
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll be there. 4th year in a row. Will be pregaming at Pickles Pub on Saturday with a few other WSIers.

BringBackBlkJack
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Yep, I'll be in town for the Friday and Saturday night games though I don't yet know where I'll be sitting. I plan on wearing my black WS05 Guillen jersey to both games. I've heard nothing but good things about Camden Yards and I'm looking forward to it. I've only seen the Sox one other time this season (an exhibition game in Atlanta... they won) so hopefully my presence will help produce the same result, especially since now it actually counts. :D:

EastCoastSoxFan
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Three generations of EastCoastSoxFans will be there on Saturday for my 9th trip overall, and hopefully I can get my Camden Yards record over .500 for the first time since 2001...

EastCoastSoxFan
07-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I'll be there. 4th year in a row. Will be pregaming at Pickles Pub on Saturday with a few other WSIers.Where exactly is Pickles Pub? I don't believe I've ever heard of that particular establishment, but if I'm able I'd love to come and meet a few of you...

jenn2080
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I will be at the game on Sat.

Soxworldchamps
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm going to Sunday's game, it'll probably be the only game I get to go to this year since I live about two hours away. Go Sox!

mwc44
07-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm in... my 50th birthday present from Mrs. mwc44. We'll definitely be there on Sunday, and plan on checking out the "no scalp zone" for tickets for Saturday. GO SOX!!!! (PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!)

FJA
07-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I'll be there either Friday or Saturday night.

Dibbs
07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll be there Saturday!

whitesoxwilkes
07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Where exactly is Pickles Pub? I don't believe I've ever heard of that particular establishment, but if I'm able I'd love to come and meet a few of you...

Linky. (http://www.picklespub.com/directions.htm)

:hawk

"They got plenty of my money."

Hokiesox
07-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Pickles is behind the third base gate across the street.

I'm taking this season off. I have a 5 week old baby and I'm not sure I want to pay money for the privlege of watching this years edition of the pale hose.

lostfan
07-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Yep, I'll be in town for the Friday and Saturday night games though I don't yet know where I'll be sitting. I plan on wearing my black WS05 Guillen jersey to both games. I've heard nothing but good things about Camden Yards and I'm looking forward to it. I've only seen the Sox one other time this season (an exhibition game in Atlanta... they won) so hopefully my presence will help produce the same result, especially since now it actually counts. :D:
Last time I went to a Sox-Orioles game at Camden Yards (I live in Maryland) it was the first game of a 4-game series, they won I think 7 to 2, then they went on to sweep the series. The O's started their tailspin that never ended, then Palmeiro got busted for steroids and blew his career, and the Sox went on win the World Series.

I win.

credeistheman
07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I will be there on Sunday in the sweltering heat.

mccoydp
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
My wife and I will be in Columbia, MD, for our going-away party, and I was going to get tickets, but, alas...it ain't happening.

I went to the game last year where Ross Gload hit the Grand Slam, and it was a great time.

I'll catch up with the Sox in Kansas City later on this season, where the box seats are 1/2 the price that they are in Baltimore. I can go to two games (with my wife) for the price of one in Baltimore.

delben91
07-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I went to the game last year where Ross Gload hit the Grand Slam, and it was a great time.

You weren't by any chance right by the LF foul pole where that HR went out were you? I was sitting there with another WSI member, but I never caught his username (or real name for that matter).

This will be the first time in 7 years I haven't made the baltimore/white sox series. My recent move to Michigan has put a damper on that. :(:

NoNeckEra
07-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I planned this trip back in March
Ditto here. The thought of them being out of the race at this point was unthinkable. Now it feels like going to exhibition NFL games.

lostfan
07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Fortunately the Orioles suck and getting game-day tickets is easy.

mccoydp
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
You weren't by any chance right by the LF foul pole where that HR went out were you? I was sitting there with another WSI member, but I never caught his username (or real name for that matter).

This will be the first time in 7 years I haven't made the baltimore/white sox series. My recent move to Michigan has put a damper on that. :(:

No, I was sitting in the lower box on the first base side.

Unfortunately, I had too many beers in me when the grand slam was hit, and I didn't realize it was a grand slam until I took a look at the scoreboard. I was toasted quite nicely. :redneck

DC Sox Fan
07-10-2007, 09:35 PM

I was in the club seats right above where Ross' HR landed. I remember some random Sox fan giving me a high 5 and asking "Paulie WHO?" we both had a good laugh.

nothing beats going to game 4 (the afternoon game) of that series in '05 where we completed the sweep. Buehrle's streak of 6+ inning starts was broken when he was ejected after a retaliatory strike (Think back to Hawk's now famous "That is BS! What are you THINKING?!?!" call) AJ hit a 2 run jack to RC, and "Let's go White Sox" chants erupted. Dustin came in for the save. I knew something special was in the works that day, and saved my stub... still have it.

Also my "Wheeeeere's Raaaaaaaafy" chants weren't so well received when it became public he got busted for the 'roids that day.

Hit up pickles' last year- was great to see so many friendly Sox fans' faces. We were all over along that bar to the left when you walk in. I do hope to make it up for one of the games this year and hopefully run into some of you folks out that way.

As someone stated earlier, game day tickets will NOT be a problem... the O's suck, hon- and the Nat's have dipped deeply into their attendance base.

NDSox12
07-10-2007, 09:49 PM

I was out in LF for that game, though not near the pole and not all that close to where it went out, so it wasn't me...

I will be at all of the games except for Thursday. I don't have any tickets yet, but I'm not worried about that in the least. My sister and possibly a couple other Sox fans will be with me.

nccwsfan
07-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Will be there for 3 of the 4 games, including a Saturday game w/2 generations of CWS fans...probably won't be the atmosphere we were looking for, but it's still great to see them in person.