PDA

View Full Version : David Wells watch

HawkDJ
04-03-2002, 07:06 PM
This is his final stat for today against the Orioles.

7.1 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 1 K

dougs78
04-03-2002, 08:03 PM
That fat man, pisses me off. Just to see him he looks 10 years younger out there. That anyone could possibly criticize someone else for not giving it their all for the team and then turn around and lose 40 pounds and regain his effectiveness for a new team just boggles my mind. How can he be so selfish? In the process, I'm sure he probably cost us a playoff run last year.

sox_fan_4life
04-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Currently pitching against the Orioles. After 7 innings so far:

3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

Looking good so far, I'll try to update this later.

7 innings of shutout ball. And only 1 walk.
Amazing
Did he even have 7 innings of shutout ball all of last year?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

czalgosz
04-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life

7 innings of shutout ball. And only 1 walk.
Amazing
Did he even have 7 innings of shutout ball all of last year?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

He had a couple of quality outings for the Sox last year... One outing where he pitched a complete game and gave up 1 run vs. Detroit springs immediately to mind.

sox_fan_4life
04-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

He had a couple of quality outings for the Sox last year... One outing where he pitched a complete game and gave up 1 run vs. Detroit springs immediately to mind.

Now why did you have to go and mess up a perfectly good gripe with facts?

Cheryl
04-03-2002, 08:54 PM
I think last year was a big wake up call for Mr Wells--he got hurt, and realized if he was going to continue to pitch, he would have to make some changes in the way he lives. It's too bad it didn't happen the year before he played for us.

Think of it--the Sox may have been DWells' equivilant of The Lost Weekend.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I think last year was a big wake up call for Mr Wells--he got hurt, and realized if he was going to continue to pitch, he would have to make some changes in the way he lives. It's too bad it didn't happen the year before he played for us.

Think of it--the Sox may have been DWells' equivilant of The Lost Weekend.

Couldn't agree more. I think it was Rogers who noted last summer that it was Garner who took advantage of XL's giant girth by laying down a string of bunts that Boomer couldn't field. Baylor had the same idea in the first Cubs game and Wells hurt himself the very first inning. Sean Lowe saved us in long relief.

There is no doubt in my mind David Wells would be out of MLB unless he lost weight.

What is it they say about the mother of invention? I guess the same goes for Boomer's diet.

:XL
"I did sort of apologize to Frank Thomas. Too little, too late."