PDA

View Full Version : My pics from Tampa trip June 26th

SOXfnNlansing
07-09-2007, 11:13 AM
We flew in the morning of the 26th. My brother in law had a driver "Lee" to meet us (I took my son and fiance). We stayed in my sister's room at the Rennesaunce Vinoy. It was really a beautiful place to visit. We had lunch at Dan Marino's Restaurant. There was so much to do and so little time so we made the most of it.

After lunch we went to a bar called Ferg's across from Tropicana Field. We met alot of nice Ray fans in there. There was a woman named Francis who turned out to be Rich Gedman's sister. Rich was the catcher that replaced Pudge on Boston. After a few beers we headed to Tropicana Field.

The place was packed with Sox fans and a sprinkling of Ray fans. There is alot to do there for kids. They had a tank filled with swimming Devil Rays. There was a batting cage that you could pick out a pitcher from a list and have their video 'pitch' to you. My son had 6 swings and misses from Mark Buehrle, but he had fun.

The game was really good too. Garland pitched a great game. Thornton came in and did good also. Gonzalez hit his 1st ML HR. Thome went back to back with Gonzalez. Uribe hit a triple. It was a lot of fun.

All the players that my son asked for an autograph gave him one. He got his ball signed by 6 players/coaches. He got Razor,Terrero,Gooch,Contreras,and the other 2 I can't remember or didn't know (Sox have looked like a AAA team lately so it's hard to know who is who).

I saw Chris Singleton at the hotel. Saw Ozzie's wife in the lobby too. Jose Contreras had his family there. My sister saw them having lunch the day before at the restaurant.

All in all it was a great experience. I can't wait to go down there again next year. Hopefully they play a weekend series next time. Hope you like the story and the pics.

skobabe8
07-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a great time. The pics link doesnt work at the moment but I look forward to seeing them.

DumpJerry
07-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Your link is not working. You can post them in the WSI photo gallery. Please don't post them in a thread.

SOXfnNlansing
07-09-2007, 11:48 AM
if you want to see the pics they'll be in the WSI gallery.

jshanahanjr
07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Looked like a fun time. I hope to catch the Sox @ Rays next season.:bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
We flew in the morning of the 26th. My brother in law had a driver "Lee" to meet us (I took my son and fiance). We stayed in my sister's room at the Rennesaunce Vinoy. It was really a beautiful place to visit. We had lunch at Dan Marino's Restaurant. There was so much to do and so little time so we made the most of it.

After lunch we went to a bar called Ferg's across from Tropicana Field. We met alot of nice Ray fans in there. There was a woman named Francis who turned out to be Rich Gedman's sister. Rich was the catcher that replaced Pudge on Boston. After a few beers we headed to Tropicana Field.

The place was packed with Sox fans and a sprinkling of Ray fans. There is alot to do there for kids. They had a tank filled with swimming Devil Rays. There was a batting cage that you could pick out a pitcher from a list and have their video 'pitch' to you. My son had 6 swings and misses from Mark Buehrle, but he had fun.

The game was really good too. Garland pitched a great game. Thornton came in and did good also. Gonzalez hit his 1st ML HR. Thome went back to back with Gonzalez. Uribe hit a triple. It was a lot of fun.

All the players that my son asked for an autograph gave him one. He got his ball signed by 6 players/coaches. He got Razor,Terrero,Gooch,Contreras,and the other 2 I can't remember or didn't know (Sox have looked like a AAA team lately so it's hard to know who is who).

I saw Chris Singleton at the hotel. Saw Ozzie's wife in the lobby too. Jose Contreras had his family there. My sister saw them having lunch the day before at the restaurant.

All in all it was a great experience. I can't wait to go down there again next year. Hopefully they play a weekend series next time. Hope you like the story and the pics.

I echo your sentiments completely! I had an absolute BLAST down there!!! I posted something similar on my last night down in St. Pete Beach:

If anyone is looking for a great roadtrip spot, Tampa Bay is it! I know The Trop. is a hole, but the opportunity for pictures and autographs is unbelievable. I stayed at a VERY affordable beach front resort in St. Pete Beach, which is only 10 miles from the ballpark, and it was definitely the way to go.

I also posted my pictures in the "Other Ballparks" and "Current Players" galleries, so you can also see some of the great autograph and picture opportunities I had!

RadioheadRocks
07-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Was there for the game on the 27th, turned out to be a fun trip. Parking was free, program was more of a mini-digest but was also free, food was good and the stingray pool was way cool! :cool: And seeing a White Sox victory topped it all off nicely.

SOXfnNlansing
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Was there for the game on the 27th, turned out to be a fun trip. Parking was free, program was more of a mini-digest but was also free, food was good and the stingray pool was way cool! :cool: And seeing a White Sox victory topped it all off nicely.

I liked the Outback Steakhouse booth they had there. Got the steak and fries for $9. Beer was steep at $6.50 though, but all in all a nice place to see a Sox victory!