PDA

View Full Version : Garland Impressive

Soxboyrob
08-01-2001, 08:35 AM
Lest we not forget that Garland looked great and showed a nice bit of poise for his age. He pitched out of some jams, didn't walk but one guy, and got 3 DP's. It would be nice to see the guy log a few more K's, but that will come w/ experience and confidence. It's quite nice to see this guy getting a little experience and having some success. This could really come in handy next season, when we might need the guy on a more serious basis.

Glover is also starting to look like quite the find....in exchange for Scott Eyre, nonetheless.

Way to go Glover and Garland!!!

:)

Iguana775
08-01-2001, 08:50 AM
not to be picky, but i think he had one walk. but i may be mistaken. :)

Soxboyrob
08-01-2001, 10:05 AM
That was my point. My original post said "he didn't have but one walk." Maybe that's a weird way to put it, but I meant to acknowledge the walk. He still looked great.

Tragg
08-01-2001, 10:58 AM
Garland's pitched well for the last couple of months. He's a good pitcher and should help us for years to come (at least until he wants a market wage).

We've got some severe problems, but he isn't one of them.

delben91
08-01-2001, 11:02 AM
I agree, Garland has been throwing well lately and continued it last night. Hopefully, kipper will keep the form he showed after the first inning in his last start, Mark won't change a thing, Lowe will remain reliable and maybe Wright will show something. I think we've got one he!l of a good young rotation going here. Now, if only we could find a SS, leadoff hitter and some consistent offense........

KempersRS
08-01-2001, 11:04 AM
We've got some severe problems, but he isn't one of them.

:embree :hitless :walk

"Don't look at us."

Tragg
08-01-2001, 11:11 AM
Who's the blonde guy?

I hope it's not Howry, because he doesn't belong there.

Get yourself a picture of singleton and alomar as well.

Jerry_Manuel
08-01-2001, 11:53 AM
Who's the blonde guy?
:walk
Yes that is me Bob Howry!

Get yourself a picture of singleton and alomar as well.
:slowswing:sandy
Here we are!