PDA

View Full Version : KW on ESPN at the Futures Game

Taliesinrk
07-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I put this in "what's the score" because interestingly enough, he's sitting next to omar (NYM) and talking to him. ESPN put a lil blurb out there about the mets being a buyer and sox being a seller. I would looove to see a move for contreras to the mets bring us some serious talent back..

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
I put this in "what's the score" because interestingly enough, he's sitting next to omar (NYM) and talking to him. ESPN put a lil blurb out there about the mets being a buyer and sox being a seller. I would looove to see a move for contreras to the mets bring us some serious talent back..
I forgot the announcers name but he just stated that Minyana and KW were discussing wheeling and dealing with 1 deal done (Burls) more might be on the way!

Domeshot17
07-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I forgot the announcers name but he just stated that Minyana and KW were discussing wheeling and dealing with 1 deal done (Burls) more might be on the way!

Steve Phillips

Contreras for Lastings and Humber? that would a steal. I would move Jose for either one honestly.

The one thing Im thinking, what does Burls do to Gio. Do many teams go with 3 LHP in their Rotation? I dont see us going Burls Gio Danks, and Gio is on the outside of the other 2.

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Steve Phillips

Contreras for Lastings and Humber? that would a steal. I would move Jose for either one honestly.

The one thing Im thinking, what does Burls do to Gio. Do many teams go with 3 LHP in their Rotation? I dont see us going Burls Gio Danks, and Gio is on the outside of the other 2.
Honestly you have to go your best 5 guys. If that none of the 5 are lefties or all 5 are lefties you go your best 5.
Also I would love to get Milledge here to play left. Owens/Sweeney/Brian in CF and Ichiro in RF, whoo hoo.

pearso66
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Steve Phillips

I see nothing wrong with having 3 lefties in the rotation, especially if they are better than any other option. If I'm not mistaken, the Tigers have 3 lefties this year, and I know they had 3 last year. I don't know of any other teams that do, but there could be more.

Taliesinrk
07-08-2007, 04:44 PM

that's interesting, but although he's on the outside now, i don't think it's to the point that you move him, if that's what you're suggesting. i think danks has serious potential and upside, but you never know... only time will tell

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
that's interesting, but although he's on the outside now, i don't think it's to the point that you move him, if that's what you're suggesting. i think danks has serious potential and upside, but you never know... only time will tell
In my eyes Gio is only available if Arod (plus picked up option), Tejada or Crawford are coming back somehow.

chisoxmike
07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Steve Phillips

Man, that would be a "Jim Hendry-esque" robbery.

oeo
07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't expect much for Contreras, I'd just like to see him cut off the payroll. Masset, Gio, or Floyd could do better than what he's doing out there...and it opens up some more money for next year.

chisoxmike
07-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't expect much for Contreras, I'd just like to see him cut off the payroll. Masset, Gio, or Floyd could do better than what he's doing out there...and it opens up some more money for next year.

Yeah, I fully expect Contreras gone by the end of the month, if not by the end of the week. Masset or Floyd wouldn't do any worse than Jose. I would think most likely Floyd would fill in over Masset. I dont want to see Floyd in the bullpen for a year.

letsgosox1592
07-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I fully expect Contreras gone by the end of the month, if not by the end of the week. Masset or Floyd wouldn't do any worse than Jose. I would think most likely Floyd would fill in over Masset. I dont want to see Floyd in the bullpen for a year.

i agree with what you say in floyd over masset as of now but i would rather let gio gonzalez pitch over either becuase i believe he is going to be a great pitcher. let him adjust to the game and he'll be ready to step in as a 5 starter next year.

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
i agree with what you say in floyd over masset as of now but i would rather let gio gonzalez pitch over either becuase i believe he is going to be a great pitcher. let him adjust to the game and he'll be ready to step in as a 5 starter next year.
Capital letters are a good thing. Don't disregard Floyd because of Friday. Any pitcher you ran out there would gotten pounded.

RowanDye
07-08-2007, 05:18 PM

Well we'd probably get more for him if we're willing to pay some of his salary.

Either way we shouldn't just give him away.

We should get at least as much as we got for Freddy.

Edit: Jose has had some bad starts this year, but he's still on pace for ~200 i.p. Plus he has postseason and big game experience. Even as a 4th or 5th starter he's only making 10M per year.

letsgosox1592
07-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Capital letters are a good thing. Don't disregard Floyd because of Friday. Any pitcher you ran out there would gotten pounded.

I just dont think Floyd has the overall make up to make in the majors let alone the AL. I just believe that Gio Gonzalez will be a stud who will be a big help to this team.

I used capital letters for you.

A. Cavatica
07-08-2007, 05:19 PM

No, disregard him on his entire body of work.

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I just dont think Floyd has the overall make up to make in the majors let alone the AL. I just believe that Gio Gonzalez will be a stud who will be a big help to this team.

I used capital letters for you.
Thats fair. As far as the capital letters thing, people will be harsh to you about those things, just helping you out.

Daver
07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Thats fair. As far as the capital letters thing, people will be harsh to you about those things, just helping you out.

Not me, I just won't read anything he posts.

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Not me, I just won't read anything he posts.
So is it a good thing I corrected him or no?:D: