ode to veeck
07-08-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah baby, Javy's always had the stuff

That's one way to keep the pen from getting into trouble

ViPeRx007
07-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Javy!

:bandance::bandance:

Nice to get a couple wins after that doubleheader disaster. I honestly expected a sweep but you're never out of it with Buehrle and Vazquez throwing the way they've been lately.

Boondock Saint
07-08-2007, 03:29 PM
That was awesome. I only caught it on gamechannel, but late in the game, every time I looked, Javy was up 0-2 on someone. He just got after guys, man. I just can't stop thinking about how awesome that was.

The Twinkies almost scored twice as many runs as us this series, but couldn't even walk away with a series win. I LOVE it.

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 03:30 PM
yeah baby, Javy's always had the stuff

That's one way to keep the pen from getting into trouble
Best the pen has looked all year:D:. I'm sure they got a nice tan out there.

ViPeRx007
Buehrle Resigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY (blanking) CRAP!!

4 Year DEAL!!

aryzner
Yes

chisoxmike
07-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I gotta say, with the way the Sox got their brains bashed in Friday, they came back and played two good games to finish off their horrible first half of the season.

Murphy10
07-08-2007, 03:32 PM
way to go javy!

Tragg
07-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Great game Javy.
Got to watch this one.

kidmccarthy
07-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Awesome game. Awesome news about Mark!! And we split the series, Friday what??

TDog
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I gotta say, with the way the Sox got their brains bashed in Friday, they came back and played two good games to finish off their horrible first half of the season.

Can you imagine how upset White Sox fans would be if they swept a doubleheader by a combined score of 32-14 and to the same team lost the next two games going into the All-Star break by a combined score of 9-4?

IJay22
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I tried to erase friday from my mind totally,lol. Good way to turn it around and split the series. I'm excited now to see what moves will happen after the break. Can the Sox finally get a healthy outfielder? :D:

ShoelessJoeS
07-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Simply can't give enough praise to Javy

:bandance::gulp::bandance:

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Though not necessarily nasty with his stuff, Vazquez truly has great composure and a will to win. He's had the lowest ERA as far as team starters over the last calendar year. It's nice to be confident in winning whenever he's thrown out there on the mound!

Great job, Javvy!

Dan the Man
07-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Two CGs in a week. Fantasy owners are satisfied.

A good game all around today. Solo home runs are fine if you can play solid D and pitch well, which they did.

The Dude
07-08-2007, 03:57 PM

How about Javy? I don't see a bashing Javy post followed by plenty of ****'s!:redneck

chisoxmike
07-08-2007, 03:58 PM
How about Javy? I don't see a bashing Javy post followed by plenty of ****'s!:redneck

He tried for a few innings to blow the game, the home plate ump didn't help matters but I'll give it to him, he's been pitching great now that we're 13 out. I would've liked to see him pitch like this in May when he had a 5ERA, and the first half of June when we needed him to not blow up in Pittsburgh and Philly but whatever, the season's over now

The Vazquez lovers will love and the Vazquez haters will hate...

Trade him & Contreras.

JB98
07-08-2007, 04:04 PM
The key inning was the fifth. Second and third, one out for Bartlett and Mauer in a 5-2 game. Vazquez has crumbled in situations like that time and time again.

Not today. He struck out both those two hitters. I think he got a generous break from the home-plate umpire on the third strike to Bartlett, but goodness knows we've had enough of those go against us in the past. We'll take it. The 3-2 breaking ball to Mauer was a great pitch.

If we aren't going to the playoffs, the Twins aren't either. They are closer to us in the standings than they are to the AL Central leaders.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I also liked the inning where Thome led off with a single. He advanced to second on a passed ball/wild pitch. Eliminated the GIDP possibility. PK then grounds out, Thome to third. AJ knocks in Thome with a sac fly. Good fundamental baseball; good to see from the middle of the order; good to see an insurance run added. One hit, one run. Not bad.

JB98
07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I also liked the inning where Thome led off with a single. He advanced to second on a passed ball/wild pitch. Eliminated the GIDP possibility. PK then grounds out, Thome to third. AJ knocks in Thome with a sac fly. Good fundamental baseball; good to see from the middle of the order; good to see an insurance run added. One hit, one run. Not bad.

Yes. Good execution from Konerko and Pierzynski. That element has been sorely lacking this season, and a good chunk of last year too, for that matter.

TDog
07-08-2007, 04:13 PM
He tried for a few innings to blow the game, ....

What does that mean? After the Twins got two on, the Twins gave up an out to put two runners in scoring position and Vazquez struck out the next two hitters. How is that "try(ing) to blow the game?"

If it were the heart of the Sox order failing to score with runners on second and third and two out, I have no doubt people would say they were tryng to lose the game. But pitching out of jams and minimizing damage is what good pitchers do.

ChicagoG19
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Just got back from the game it was simply amazing. Good pitching, clutch hitting, and buerhle resigning. The place erupted when they made that announcement. :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

spongyfungy
07-08-2007, 04:19 PM
great game by Javy and to do this with this hot weather was awesome.

My first CG with Javy on my fantasy last start and now today. Thank you!

MISoxfan
07-08-2007, 04:23 PM
He tried for a few innings to blow the game, the home plate ump didn't help matters but I'll give it to him, he's been pitching great now that we're 13 out. I would've liked to see him pitch like this in May when he had a 5ERA, and the first half of June when we needed him to not blow up in Pittsburgh and Philly but whatever, the season's over now

Trade him & Contreras.

How does 6 IP with 3 ER count as blowing up? We lost to the Phils 3-0 when Javy pitched.

GlassSox
07-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Great pitching by Javy.

itsnotrequired
07-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Vazquez complete game, a White Sox winner, Buehrle re-signs and my son had a blast in Fundamentals. We are having beer brats for dinner. Yes, a good day.

Sig update time...

RowanDye
07-08-2007, 04:48 PM

Trade him & Contreras.

As much as I dislike the negativity of your post, I would tend to agree that we should sell high on Vazquez. He's the biggest chip we have right now, and if we can somehow flip him for a bat and an arm I would be all for it.

Edit: BTW great game Javy!

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
As much as I dislike the negativity of your post, I would tend to agree that we should sell high on Vazquez. He's the biggest chip we have right now, and if we can somehow flip him for a bat and an arm I would be all for it.

Edit: BTW great game Javy!
Yes because having 4 very good starters is a horrible idea. We have 3 "below market" starters your crazy to move Javy.

SoxSpeed22
07-08-2007, 04:54 PM
If you told me the beginning of this series that the Twins would score 36 runs and this would be a split, I would have to commit you...but that's what really happened! So this is a good victory.

October26
07-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Awesome game. Awesome news about Mark!! And we split the series, Friday what??

Friday was bad, my friend. I was at the Park and it hurt to watch the Twins beat our brains in for two games. :(:

Today, however, I'm doing cartwheels in my back yard. :smile:

Great game for Javy and the Sox! Today's game was an important win for us.

And this is a very happy day for all White Sox fans with the Mark Buehrle news!

JorgeFabregas
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
he's been pitching great now that we're 13 out. I would've liked to see him pitch like this in May when he had a 5ERA
Wait, wait. You're going to get on him about one month? To review:

April: 24 IP 3.75 ERA
May: 34 IP 5.03 ERA
June: 40 IP 3.15 ERA
July: 18 IP 2.00 ERA

letsgosox1592
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM

take out may their and u got a nice era and most like a couple of loses also.

goon
07-08-2007, 05:45 PM

I'm sorry that evidence is too definitive.

TheOldRoman
07-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I went to the game, and this was the first win we saw this year. It was really a great game. Before the 8th, I got worried I saw a Sox player (couldn't tell who), come out and tip his cap to the crowd, then go back into the dugout. I thought it was Buehrle saying goodbye to the fans. Because of that, we stood around to watch the players high five after the game. I wanted to see if Mark was still there. Right then, Gene Honda came onto the PA saying "We have great news, Sox fans..." It was a great experience to be there. The fans that hadn't hit the ramps yet went nuts.

As for the game, Javy was great. Even in the two run inning, he wasn't bad. It was frustrating with him giving up hit after hit, but he got through it. More importantly, he wasn't giving up hard hits. All the hits that inning we perfectly placed through the infield. Besides that, the defense cost him a run when Uribe took too long and Iguchi made a bad throw on a possible DP. Vazquez looked poised. As a big Vazquez defender, I will admit it is hard to get super excited about his performance. He has looked brilliant at times, but other times he has been very frustrating. I think he has finally turned the tide, but we will have to wait and see.

Railsplitter
07-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Javy back to back CG.

An iron man by today's pitching standards.

:cheers: Javy!

A series split vs a quality opponent, and we haven't lost a series in two weeks.
:bandance: :bandance:

Vernam
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Way to go, Javy. He was still making some nasty pitches in the 9th inning. I don't remember the last time I saw so many backward K's on the scorecard. :thumbsup: The key one was with Mauer up and men on 2nd and 3rd.

Interesting contrast, as Gardenhire gave his pen a workout just before the All Star break, and Ozzie could only pray Vazquez would hang in through the 8th. :cool: After the break, we might need to keep a lid on the starters' innings pitched, assuming we don't roar back into contention. Not worth wearing these guys out when we'll need 'em next year. Also assuming Javy doesn't get traded now that Buehrle signed . . .

Vernam

Sox
07-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Javy had a great game today. It was truly nice to see a White Sox starter get a complete game under his belt and allow the bullpen a much needed rest. It was also awesome news to see on the jumbotron that a deal finally got worked out with Mark and he will be in a Sox uniform for at least 4 years. Awesome job by the sox organization to get this deal done. Now to focus on the second half of the season and hopefully make a few nice trades to get some much needed talent to play here at the key positions that are in need of new blood.:):gulp::bandance:

CaptainPaul
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Things are definitely looking up for the second half. Now all we need is a bullpen.:angry:

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Once again, I picked the wrong day to say "aww hell, I don't feel like going to the game today."

I also did that on April 18th.

MCHSoxFan
07-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Two CGs in a week. Fantasy owners are satisfied.

A good game all around today. Solo home runs are fine if you can play solid D and pitch well, which they did.

YEEEESSSS!!!! This is what I have been thinking EXACTLY!!!

NOW THIS IS HOW YOU WIN A BALLGAME!!!! :D:

Daver
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Once again, I picked the wrong day to say "aww hell, I don't feel like going to the game today."

You're a known fool though.

:redneck

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM

You should stay away more often! :tongue:

Brian26
07-08-2007, 09:43 PM

I skipped today too, so don't feel too bad. A combination of having too many things to do here on the homefront and the 95 degree temps kept me home. This is the first game all year that I've eaten my tickets on.

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2007, 01:14 AM
take out may their and u got a nice era and most like a couple of loses also.I'm experiencing a shortness of breath, and pain radiating from my chest up into my jaw.