PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not panicking about the bullpen....yet

HawkDJ
04-03-2002, 05:28 PM
1. It's only been 2 games. Just because they pitched bad 2 games doesn't mean they will pitch bad every or even most games.

2. We are playing Seattle. The best team ever record wise (or is that only AL?) and hasn't lost much of its offense in the off season. If we had been playing say the Tigers, it would've been a different story.

3. Biddle and Parque should be back soon. They will provide a boost in either the rotation or the bullpen. If they go to the rotation, we could see Wright and/or Rauch in the bullpen. Something I would like to see especially after Rauch pitching well yesterday out of the pen.

While I certainly won't be cheering when Manuel points to the pen, I will also have an open mind unlike I'm sure most of you.

Any thoughts?

Cheryl
04-03-2002, 05:35 PM
I'm not panicking either, but I am somewhat concerned JM seems to be treating this week as an extension of ST--taking pitchers out by the book rather than by what's going on in the game; leaving soft-hitting position players in rather than going to the bench in late innings.

If he keeps this up for a couple more weeks, then I'll start calling for heads to roll.

Chisox_cali
04-03-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
If we had been playing say the Tigers, it would've been a different story.

You wont have to wait long

Jerry_Manuel
04-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Lets not forgot you have 4 pitchers in the pen coming back from major operations.

Rauch
Osuna
Barcelo
Howry
*Wunsch (when he's healthy)

That's why the bullpen is bad, pitchers just coming off major operations, take time to recover.

BTW...Fear the Twins! :D:

TimChamp
04-03-2002, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah...well I'm panicking because I don't want this to turn into last year when we took WAY too long before we took any action (with the offense and stuff) and by the time we took action (firing Von Joshua - in this case fire Nardi and possibly Art), it was too late to accomplish much and win the division...

I know it's early, but man, they can't throw strikes for crap (that umpire sucked too) and they have certainly not looked good at all... :angry:

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

BTW...Fear the Twins! :D:

Now that's uncalled for. :D:

:troll

Jerry_Manuel
04-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Now that's uncalled for. :D:

:troll

Sad but true.

doublem23
04-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Actually, I think getting Parque back hurts the team more than anything else. :smile:

But, yeah, I'm pissed, but I'm not suicidal... yet....

The life of a Sox fan!