PDA

View Full Version : Futures game is today

HotelWhiteSox
07-08-2007, 12:06 PM
ESPN2 at 3 pm

NorbertoMartin
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
watch for fautino de los santos. kicking arse in A ball for us out of nowhere.

KRS1
07-08-2007, 05:01 PM
K's his batter faced.

KRS1
07-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Then gives up a bomb the very next pitch to Upton the younger.

Frater Perdurabo
He's pitching right now. He struck out the first batter - Ellsbury - on three pitches. Then gives up a homer to Justin Upton on his fourth pitch.

Frater Perdurabo
I'll say this - he's got good movement on his pitches.

JermaineDye05
07-08-2007, 05:04 PM
nasty stuff I must say, his fastball has some giddy-up and very nice breaking ball. Will he be in AA next season?

KRS1
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
94-95MPH with good tail and a bit of sink in on righties. Could be his two-seamer, or just natural movement on his 4SFB, and if the first one is the case I wonder how hard he can sling his 4-seamer. 81MPH hard and late biting 12-6 curve. No change-ups yet.

JermaineDye05
07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
he's wild, if he can get that under control he could be one hell of a pitcher up here.

KRS1
07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
96MPH gas with tail on the outside edge to K Lillibridge.

JermaineDye05
07-08-2007, 05:12 PM
forgot to mention, he also has a pretty good mound presence.

KRS1
07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
forgot to mention, he also has a pretty good mound presence.

I'm watching my recording of his inning right now, and his motion is familiar, pretty smooth delivery, falling off hard to the left, but I cant quite put my finger on who it reminds me of.

KRS1
07-08-2007, 05:26 PM
KW and Omar M. shown sitting next to each other and talking right now. He is a busy man today.

JermaineDye05
07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm watching my recording of his inning right now, and his motion is familiar, pretty smooth delivery, falling off hard to the left, but I cant quite put my finger on who it reminds me of.

his delivery reminds me a bit of Zambrano's

oeo
07-08-2007, 05:28 PM
KW and Omar M. shown sitting next to each other and talking right now. He is a busy man today.

I hope it's about Contreras.

He's talking now.

cws05champ
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Reminds me of Juan Cruz...

FedEx227
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Reminds me of Juan Cruz...

That's the first thing I thought of. He looks and carries himself much like Cruz with a very similar pitching style.

rdivaldi
07-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Then gives up a bomb the very next pitch to Upton the younger.

But at least it was a good pitch, gotta give Upton Kudos for hitting that one.

All in all you had to like what you saw, nice movement on the fastball, nice snap on his breaking pitches and what I thought was good control. True he walked and hit a guy, but most of his pitches were around the plate and the catcher didn't have to move much at all.

KRS1
07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
But at least it was a good pitch, gotta give Upton Kudos for hitting that one.

All in all you had to like what you saw, nice movement on the fastball, nice snap on his breaking pitches and what I thought was good control. True he walked and hit a guy, but most of his pitches were around the plate and the catcher didn't have to move much at all.

I absolutely agree on all accounts. You cant do much us beyond tipping your hat to Upton the younger for pulling his hands inside and driving that ball out. Man that kid has some of the quickest hands through the zone I have ever seen. I'm not kidding with what I am about to say, his hands are Vladdy quick.

Back to DLS, he really only had four or five really bad pitches the entire inning, and everything else was around the zone.

About Cruz, that's not who I was thinking of, but it's a spot on comparison. I still cant figure out who it was, but it was a very familiar motion. Maybe not even a major leaguer. It could even be someone from one of my minor league visits that just some how stuck out to me, but I just cant remember right now.

rdivaldi
07-09-2007, 01:02 AM
About Cruz, that's not who I was thinking of, but it's a spot on comparison. I still cant figure out who it was, but it was a very familiar motion. Maybe not even a major leaguer. It could even be someone from one of my minor league visits that just some how stuck out to me, but I just cant remember right now.

KRS, did you think he was coming too far across his body on his follow through? I've seen him pitch before but I don't remember it being that pronounced. Maybe he was to pumped up and messing up his mechanics.

rdivaldi
07-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Also, when Chin Leung-Hu hit the ball through the right side in the 1st inning, did anyone else go, "Hey, Iguchi is in the game!". His approach and swing looked almost identical to Guch at that moment.

KRS1
07-09-2007, 07:40 AM
KRS, did you think he was coming too far across his body on his follow through? I've seen him pitch before but I don't remember it being that pronounced. Maybe he was to pumped up and messing up his mechanics.

I didnt see a pronounced flaw with his follow-through. He definitely isnt coming across his body during his release though, as everything is to the left. He is following-through to the his side, rather than on a clean downward angle, so I suppose he is going across his body then if that is what you are referring to. Different pitchers use different angles on the follow-through. Not that I can even compare myself to a professional pitcher, but I'll just toss this in there from my experience. I tried a ton of different arm slots and angles for my finish, and my pitching coach when I was in HS recommended I finish off with my hand hand near my rib cage, as that just went with the my arm angle and body movement more naturally. He did get me throwing a lot harder this way(I jumped from right around 80 for the bulk of games up to the mid 80's in the same season I made the change), and it actually relieved my shoulder tendinitis that I had big problems with up until I made the switch to a low 3/4 release and more side armed follow through. I dont see anything to worry about in his arm action, but I would like him to get into better fielding position and not fall off the mound to his left so much.

He does fly open a bit, and I'm not a big fan of his action after his release. He does have a pretty clean angle, and I like his delivery up until his follow through. Not an effortless delivery, but not a big jerking motion or anything like that.

KRS1
07-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Also, when Chin Leung-Hu hit the ball through the right side in the 1st inning, did anyone else go, "Hey, Iguchi is in the game!". His approach and swing looked almost identical to Guch at that moment.

His half-way finished, and high handed follow through is identical to Gooch's.