PDA

View Full Version : SOX ARMY: Convince the Sox to Keep Buehrle!

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2007, 08:00 AM
EDIT: THIS THREAD MUST HAVE MADE THE DIFFERENCE. :redface::tongue::supernana:

Seriously, thank you to the Sox, Kenny Williams, Jerry Reinsdorf, Jeff Berry and anyone else who helped make this happen!

EDIT 2: Please, if you sent an e-mail or letter before to express your desire that the Sox re-sign Mark, or your displeasure that they had not done so already, please do send another e-mail thanking them for signing him. I just did - from both of my e-mail addresses.

This thread isn't to debate the particulars or media reports of the Buehrle negotiations.

It's a call for volunteers willing to try to convince the Sox to keep him!

Mass fan action can work. Fans of the CBS series Jericho bombarded CBS with e-mail, snail mail, voice mail and tens of thousands of packages of peanuts when CBS announced it was canceling the show. After a few weeks of getting bombarded, CBS decided to bring back the show as a mid-season replacement (January 2008).

CBS is a far bigger organization than the White Sox. We can do this!

Write letters. Send e-mails. Make phone calls. Leave voice messages!

Here's the official contact info for the team:

U.S. Cellular Field
333 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616
Phone: (312) 674-1000
Tickets: 866-SOX-GAME

Here's the form to send an e-mail (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/help/email.jsp?c_id=cws&primarySubject=Tickets&secondarySubject=Other&dest=tickets@whitesox.mlb.com).

I'm going to start huting down e-mail addresses. If anyone has any e-mail addresses for KW, JR, Ozzie or anyone else in any position whatsoever (ticket sales reps, etc.), post them in this thread.

If you are connected with the team in some way and want to pass along a phone number or e-mail address, but can't divulge your identity, send me a private message or an e-mail to Frater_Perdurabo@yahoo.com. I will respect all requests for anonymity.

PorkChopExpress
07-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Mods, may I humbly request that this thread gets "stuck?"

This thread isn't to debate the particulars or media reports of the Buehrle negotiations.

Mass fan action can work. Fans of the CBS series Jericho bombarded CBS with e-mail, snail mail, voice mail and tens of thousands of packages of peanuts when CBS announced it was canceling the show. After a few weeks of getting bombarded, CBS decided to bring back the show as a mid-season replacement (January 2008).

U.S. Cellular Field
333 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616

Here's the form to send an e-mail (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/help/email.jsp?c_id=cws&primarySubject=Tickets&secondarySubject=Other&dest=tickets@whitesox.mlb.com).

I'm going to start huting down e-mail addresses. If anyone has any e-mail addresses for KW, JR, Ozzie or anyone else in any position whatsoever (ticket sales reps, etc.), post them in this thread.

If you are connected with the team in some way and want to pass along a phone number or e-mail address, but can't divulge your identity, send me a private message or an e-mail to Frater_Perdurabo@yahoo.com. I will respect all requests for anonymity.

You bought a Buehrle jersey, didn't you.

Frontman
07-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Great idea Frater. All I would like to add is be polite. If we send the standard "Man, you guys suck and are cheap fill-in-the-blank-swear-here" emails? They won't bother. If we are polite and state our reasons politely? They will listen.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Until we get the e-mail addresses, use the form. Here's what I just sent. Feel free to copy and paste and adapt it. Please stay away from name-calling. Be polite, but firm.

Dear Mr. Williams,

Please re-sign Mark Buehrle. His career statistics demonstrate he is one of the best pitchers in the major leagues. He's also a proven winner who knows how to win in a hitter's park like U.S. Cellular Field. It also is apparent that he's a wonderful teammate and a fantastic ambassador for the Chicago White Sox. Finally, we fans love him perhaps more than any other current Sox player.

If you fail to re-sign him, many fans justifiably will hold you and Mr. Reinsdorf personally responsible. I understand you may not care about your popularity, but lower ticket, parking and concession revenues will shrink your payroll and make it much harder for you to win another championship.

We may not know the exact details of the negotiations, but when it comes to making our buying decisions, the customer is always right! We fans are your customers. We will buy less White Sox product if you don't re-sign Mark Buehrle!

Please re-sign Mark Buehrle. Doing so would signal to the fans that you are serious about making an honest effort to build another World Series winner.

Thank you for your time.

We Sox fans spent many hours voting in polls to get Sox players elected to the All-Star game in 2005 and 2006. We spent hours voting in the Tribune's "All City Team" polls.

Isn't this more important than that?

dickallen15
07-08-2007, 08:13 AM
You're wasting your time. The old saying is if you listen to the fans about personnel moves, you wind up sitting with them.

UserNameBlank
07-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Great idea Frater. All I would like to add is be polite. If we send the standard "Man, you guys suck and are cheap fill-in-the-blank-swear-here" emails? They won't bother. If we are polite and state our reasons politely? They will listen.

Yeah, did they hear when a stadium full of people were chanting for Buehrle? Did they read the signs in the crowd? Did they see the tears in the eyes of the Sox fans who witnessed his no-hitter?

They see everything. They just don't care. No one's emails are going to make a difference, so write whatever you want. My suggestion:

To whom it may concern:

**** you.

Sincerely,

A Sox fan who is paying for the contract of Mark Buehrle's inferior replacement

mrwag
07-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if we lost the last game in the series against the Twins? That would mean Mark was the only pitcher who could beat them, essentially. That would speak volumes to me, if I were in Sox management.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 09:56 AM
You're wasting your time. The old saying is if you listen to the fans about personnel moves, you wind up sitting with them.

Exactly!

I want KW to do what is best for this club. If he can convert Mark into 2 TOP TIER prospects, and use the $14mm next year for something else, and if he believes that we have a pitcher in the farm ready to step into the rotation, then we very well might be better off that way. I know the Buehrle fans don't want to hear it, but I hope the White Sox fans are listening openmidedly.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Exactly!

I want KW to do what is best for this club. If he can convert Mark into 2 TOP TIER prospects, and use the $14mm next year for something else, and if he believes that we have a pitcher in the farm ready to step into the rotation, then we very well might be better off that way. I know the Buehrle fans don't want to hear it, but I hope the White Sox fans are listening openmidedly.

Personally I think it is pie in the sky thinking that any playoff contender would give anything remotely of equal value for Mark Buehrle -- including even 2 top tier prospects.

The Sox have roster holes caused by injuries and aging ballplayers. It's debatable how far away from playoff contention they might really be, but the point is moot since the next meaningful game they play won't occur until next April. I don't believe they're too far away and would consider losing Buehrle for even as much as 2 top prospects as a huge step backwards.

Buehrle can't be replaced by anything a contender would offer. It's too bad Konerko didn't give the WS game-winning ball to Buehrle because if #56 were handing it over to Reinsdorf this week, I'm betting the deal would get done.

Given the choice, I would rather have Buehrle on this team than #14.

veeter
07-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if we lost the last game in the series against the Twins? That would mean Mark was the only pitcher who could beat them, essentially. That would speak volumes to me, if I were in Sox management.Especially after Kenny's prize pony got killed the day before. Beaten by the Twins' prize pony, who has better stuff, better command, better mound presence and, oh yea, is two years younger. I understand the Sox could get top tier prospects. But can they pick the right ones? This from the GM who said,"We are not going to be prospects-r-us".

veeter
07-08-2007, 10:12 AM
You're wasting your time. The old saying is if you listen to the fans about personnel moves, you wind up sitting with them.It depends what your fans are asking for. When stupid ass cub fans wanted to keep Gary Gaietti around, after being a cog intheir 1998 playoff run, that was a dumb thought. Which the cubs did, and he sucked in 1999. But this is one situation where the fans have it right.

santo=dorf
07-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Exactly!

Prospects suck. I don't want a couple of Jeremy Reeds in exchange for a stud who wants to stay here and is willing ot take a hometown discount.

What exactly could the Sox do with the $14 million that would help this team? What did the Sox do with Garcia's $9 million, give it to Pods and Erstad?

Buehrle is making $9.5 million this year, so the Sox would have to make up $5.5 million to balance it out.
Step 1: Dump Crede. He's making $4.95 million this year, and his career is in jeopardy. Play Fields~ $4.5 million in savings
Step 2: Dump Erstad and Podsednik. Use Sweeney, Anderson and/or Owens (needs to show more,) to replace their two spots. This saves $3.1 million

Flight #24
07-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Personally I think it is pie in the sky thinking that any playoff contender would give anything remotely of equal value for Mark Buehrle -- including even 2 top tier prospects.

The Sox have roster holes caused by injuries and aging ballplayers. It's debatable how far away from playoff contention they might really be, but the point is moot since the next meaningful game they play won't occur until next April. I don't believe they're too far away and would consider losing Buehrle for even as much as 2 top prospects as a huge step backwards.

Buehrle can't be replaced by anything a contender would offer. It's too bad Konerko didn't give the WS game-winning ball to Buehrle because if #56 were handing it over to Reinsdorf this week, I'm betting the deal would get done.

As usual, well (and concisely) stated. There is nothing I've seen that indicates that the Sox are going to get 2 top tier prospects for Burls. In fact, I think it's a lot more likely that they get 2 2d-tier guys than 2 top tier guys. For a rental and a guy who's generally undervalued by many due to pitching style, they'll be lucky to get 1 top guy.

So in essence, this isn't about replacing Buehrle with top talent, it's about simply not wanting him unless he agrees to rake the mound between innings and sell peanuts on his off days. And even then, I'm not sure given their reaction to his latest initiative.

Boo to you if you don't get this done, White Sox.

Hitmen77
07-08-2007, 10:24 AM

Great idea. Thanks for starting this thread. I'll give it some thought and send an e-mail to the Sox later today.

I'm doubtful that it'll work, but I do want to get my 2 cents in. Sox ownership is so stubborn though....JR still thinks the White Flag Trade was a good move!!! Hey Jerry, 4 of those guys were busts, Keith Foulke is out of baseball and Roberto Hernandez is still pitching for a pennant contender! But, in his mind, decimating the fanbase in 1997 was worth it.

DumpJerry
07-08-2007, 10:26 AM
While I was at Saturday's Twins game and kept hearing all the chants to re-sign him, I was thinking it would be powerful for all Sox fans attending the All-Start game to start the chant. On national tv, in a game where he is 2,000 miles away.

Frontman
07-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Prospects suck. I don't want a couple of Jeremy Reeds in exchange for a stud who wants to stay here and is willing ot take a hometown discount.

What exactly could the Sox do with the $14 million that would help this team? What did the Sox do with Garcia's $9 million, give it to Pods and Erstad?

Buehrle is making $9.5 million this year, so the Sox would have to make up $5.5 million to balance it out.
Step 1: Dump Crede. He's making $4.95 million this year, and his career is in jeopardy. Play Fields~ $4.5 million in savings
Step 2: Dump Erstad and Podsednik. Use Sweeney, Anderson and/or Owens (needs to show more,) to replace their two spots. This saves $3.1 million

Throw in how much they'd save if they moved Dye and Iguchi, and Mark's deal is a HUGE bargain for the Sox.

Hitmen77
07-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Exactly!

No way the Sox will get even one top tier prospect for Mark. He has already said he won't sign an extension with the team he is trading to. That means his trade value right now has dropped significantly.

Also, don't fool yourself into thinking the Sox will have an extra $14 million to spend without Mark. It's more like an extra $4 million because either way, they're moving a veteran starter. If they sign Mark, they'll trade Jose and his $10 million salary.

Letting Mark go will only save us $4 million over what we otherwise would have. We aren't going to fill that many holes with that small amount of money.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 10:29 AM

While I agree - the truth is lobvously that we could have both.

I guess we will see, but I believe the Mets, Angels, etc. could offer a package that would (coupled with the $14mm for a FA next year) enable us to go out and improve the club by filling some of those holes.

PeoriaSoxFan
07-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I just sent my email. I don't know if this will help, but it can't hurt right? The things I am reading today make me sick to my stomach. It sure sounds like he will be leaving. If so, I for one am going to have a lot of issues to get over with Sox management. This pattern of negotiations is getting old. Further, there are way too many AAA players on this team right now and I do not want to see any more AAA players on the team.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Also, don't fool yourself into thinking the Sox will have an extra $14 million to spend without Mark. It's more like an extra $4 million because either way, they're moving a veteran starter. If they sign Mark, they'll trade Jose and his $10 million salary.

I don't quite get it. Their payroll is what it is. They are making an offer to Mark for $14mm. If he doesn't take it, then they have $14mm to spend elsewhere - right? Are we disussing the definition of the word "save" here? Because I don't look at it as savings - it is reallocation of funds.

They have $14mm allocated to Mark if he takes the deal. If he doesn't - then they have $14mm to spend on something else - right?

jabrch
07-08-2007, 10:34 AM
it's about simply not wanting him unless he agrees to rake the mound between innings and sell peanuts on his off days.

GMAB...

All they want is the ability to move him at some point between the end of year 1 and when he gets 10/5. That's it...

roylestillman
07-08-2007, 10:37 AM
It may also be helpfull to have season ticket holders e-mail their reps asking whether renewals need to be made before or after the trade deadline. Tell them you're waiting to see what happens.

santo=dorf
07-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Throw in how much they'd save if they moved Dye and Iguchi, and Mark's deal is a HUGE bargain for the Sox.
Cintron is making $1.9 million..
If the Sox buy him out, Mack will get $3 million.

All these salaries are starting to add up for their mediocre production.

$4.95, $2.9, $1, $1.9, $3, $7, $3.25 million. That's $24 million to play with, $18.5 to use after giving mark his much deserved raise.

Starting pitching is the most important thing in baseball. Here are the SP free agents after this season:
http://www.mlb4u.com/freeagency.php?field=position (LH)
http://www.mlb4u.com/freeagency.php?field=position (RH)

Mark's production can't be replace easily.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
It may also be helpfull to have season ticket holders e-mail their reps asking whether renewals need to be made before or after the trade deadline. Tell them you're waiting to see what happens.

That only helps if you are willing to follow through with it. I highly doubt there are that many season ticket holders who are more of Mark Buehrle fans than Sox fans.

I think a lot of people were already planning on not renewing given that we are so far out of it, and that they aren't "committed" via their post season money like last year. Some may use Mark as an excuse. But I have a very hard time believing there are that many people who have Season tickets (and even fewer who had them before 2005) who are suddenly going to let them go if Mark leaves.

Are there (m)any season ticket holders here (from prior to 2005) who are seriously going to give up your tickets ONLY IF MARK IS TRADED?

santo=dorf
07-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Why should anyone assume payroll is going to stay the same or even go up if the Sox can't get this done? I'm sure management isn't thrilled to see their $100 million+ commitment turn into a complete dud.

MarySwiss
07-08-2007, 10:53 AM
While I was at Saturday's Twins game and kept hearing all the chants to re-sign him, I was thinking it would be powerful for all Sox fans attending the All-Start game to start the chant. On national tv, in a game where he is 2,000 miles away.

If they haven't traded him by then. I don't know if an e-mail will accomplish anything, but what can it hurt? I'm sending one.

doublem23
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Exactly!

Gavin Floyd was a top-tier pitching prospect. So was Jon Rauch, Scott Ruffcorn, Rick Ankiel... I could go on.

Great plan.

HotelWhiteSox
07-08-2007, 10:56 AM
That only helps if you are willing to follow through with it. I highly doubt there are that many season ticket holders who are more of Mark Buehrle fans than Sox fans.

I think a lot of people were already planning on not renewing given that we are so far out of it, and that they aren't "committed" via their post season money like last year. Some may use Mark as an excuse. But I have a very hard time believing there are that many people who have Season tickets (and even fewer who had them before 2005) who are suddenly going to let them go if Mark leaves.

Are there (m)any season ticket holders here (from prior to 2005) who are seriously going to give up your tickets ONLY IF MARK IS TRADED?

Even though there are some big Mark fans, it might be the bigger picture by the front office, the message that some things don't change. Plus besides the fan favorite/great personality, he is our best player right now, and we are letting him go when he can easily be returned. He is asking to stay and taking discounts and they are saying no, it's insane! I can see someone being turned off by a situation like that

jabrch
07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Gavin Floyd was a top-tier pitching prospect. So was Jon Rauch, Scott Ruffcorn, Rick Ankiel... I could go on.

Great plan.

Just because 1, 10, 100 or 1000 pitching prospect failed, doesn't mean that the next 1, 10, 100 or 1000 will.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
it might be the bigger picture by the front office, the message that some things don't change.

You'd think winning the World Series would open some eyes around town - I guess it didn't have as much a long term impact as I thought it would.

santo=dorf
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Just because 1, 10, 100 or 1000 pitching prospect failed, doesn't mean that the next 1, 10, 100 or 1000 will.
I'll take my chances with the proven guy who happens to be really good.

Say, who's the last Sox pitcher drafted by the Sox to amounted to greatness?

Oh yeah, Mark Buehrle.

doublem23
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
You'd think winning the World Series would open some eyes around town - I guess it didn't have as much a long term impact as I thought it would.

Hey, there was a big old love-fest for JR at the parade... I was there.

And here we are, not even 2 years later and it's the same old, same old from the front office. It's not like everyone revolted on JR, KW, and the Sox... It's just becoming evident that they never changed, either.

:KW
Idiot

:reinsy
Scrooge

oeo
07-08-2007, 11:17 AM
And here we are, not even 2 years later and it's the same old, same old from the front office. It's not like everyone revolted on JR, KW, and the Sox... It's just becoming evident that they never changed, either.

Nothing has even happened. Mark hasn't been traded, we're basing this all off of rumors. Not to mention these rumors are coming from the agent side, and we have heard nothing from Kenny's side of yet. Is the agent going to tell Buster Olney that there is something new on the table and they're excited about it? No...he'll give him the old news to keep leverage.

Hold the insults back until something actually happens.

doublem23
07-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Nothing has even happened. Mark hasn't been traded, we're basing this all off of rumors. Not to mention these rumors are coming from the agent side, and we have heard nothing from Kenny's side of yet. Is the agent going to tell Buster Olney that there is something new on the table and they're excited about it? No...he'll give him the old news to keep leverage.

Hold the insults back until something actually happens.

All the frustration I had with the Sox prior to '05 is just boiling out again right now. This is such a no-brainer for me, that I completely baffles my mind that people PAID (in part, by my contributions) to put the best product on the field can't see that signing Buehrle is the only acceptable move for the Sox.

This whole thing has gotten so out of control, it's sad. Plus, it fuels me speculation that if the Sox actually wanted to do the right thing here, and not nickel and dime everything, they would have done it by now.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey, there was a big old love-fest for JR at the parade... I was there.

:KW
World Champion

:reinsy
World Champion

I don't want them to change. I'm just fine with them as they were before 2005.

We had a bad year and everyone is off the bandwaggon. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

And I fixed your subtitles for you....

oeo
07-08-2007, 11:27 AM
All the frustration I had with the Sox prior to '05 is just boiling out again right now. This is such a no-brainer for me, that I completely baffles my mind that people PAID (in part, by my contributions) to put the best product on the field can't see that signing Buehrle is the only acceptable move for the Sox.

This whole thing has gotten so out of control, it's sad. Plus, it fuels me speculation that if the Sox actually wanted to do the right thing here, and not nickel and dime everything, they would have done it by now.

We don't know the whole story, though. Of course the agent is going to put the team in the bad light. For all we know, the Sox may have offered a different contract to get out of the NTC, which Buehrle's side turned down. The agent isn't going to tell you about that, he wants you to know what the Sox are not doing.

It's a negotiation, I'm sure the Sox have come up with counter-offers that have been turned down by Mark. We don't know everything, so in the meantime no one should be raising their blood pressure over this.

beckett21
07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I don't want them to change. I'm just fine with them as they were before 2005.

We had a bad year and everyone is off the bandwaggon. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

And I fixed your subtitles for you....

Come on jabrch.

If everyone were truly off the bandwagon, no one would be complaining about this issue. No one would care.

What better guy to build around than Mark? Letting him walk or trading him for prospects flies in the face of what Kenny has been preaching for so long now.

I've never been the biggest Buehrle fan, nor am I someone who puts one player above the team. No one is untouchable, but some guys are harder to replace than others.

Like a young, durable, veteran ace who is willing to sign below market value to play for the organization he loves.

oldcomiskey
07-08-2007, 11:37 AM

some hometown discount. That would include a 17 mil per year in 2012. If he would come off that Id say do it. And whose to say that wasnt the deal all along that prevents him from signing and we are just now finding out about it

oldcomiskey
07-08-2007, 11:39 AM

you can call 17 mil per nicle and diming if you want---I have another word for it

JB98
07-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Exactly!

I'd be stunned if we get even one guy who can help us in a trade for Buehrle. Typically, teams don't give up much in these rent-a-player situations.

People wildly overestimate Mark's trade value. If he was under contract for next year, his trade value would be through the ceiling. But no team is going to give up two or three top-tier prospects to have Mark make 12-14 starts for them the rest of the season.

cws05champ
07-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I sent in my email...if everyone who wants Mark to stay sends a message in, instead of arguing with each other, maybe it will matter. Maybe it won't but you can at least say you tried.

How about we organize a Live Earth concert series in Mark's honor to raise money for the Sox to keep him...

oldcomiskey
07-08-2007, 11:45 AM
at 17 mil per it would take a lot

beckett21
07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
at 17 mil per it would take a lot

All of the reports are 4 years/$56 million with full NTC, or 4 years/$56 million with a 5th year at $17 million IF he is traded. Doing the math, at worst that is 5 years/$73 million, or about $14.6 mil per year. Not peanuts, but not $17 mil per either.

Whether or not the reports are accurate is another story, but he does not appear to be asking for $17 mil per year.

I don't believe an email campaign will do a damn thing either, but if it makes people feel better I don't see any harm in it.

Jurr
07-08-2007, 12:14 PM
All of the reports are 4 years/$56 million with full NTC, or 4 years/$56 million with a 5th year at $17 million IF he is traded. Doing the math, at worst that is 5 years/$73 million, or about $14.6 mil per year. Not peanuts, but not $17 mil per either.

Whether or not the reports are accurate is another story, but he does not appear to be asking for $17 mil per year.

I don't believe an email campaign will do a damn thing either, but if it makes people feel better I don't see any harm in it.
Yeah, I don't see how an email campaign is going to do anything more than hearing a crowd full of paying customers chant Buehrle's name over and over.

This thing is going to happen or it's not. It won't be the first or the last time that the Sox lose a fan favorite.

MeteorsSox4367
07-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Yep. I'm just so damn frustrated by the whole thing. Part of it is because I'm a huge Buehrle fan and part of it is because it's the logical thing to do. If you're supposed to be an organization that wants to build its foundation with solid starting pitching, why in the hell would you let one of the best pitchers in the AL and your best starter leave when the man so friggin' obviously wants to stay here.

I'm just ticked off and disappointed and frustrated about the whole damn thing. I just want a resolution, let us hear Kenny's BS buzzwords about "commitment to the organization" and "building a winner" and "prospects with high ceilings" and let's get this whole rotten mess over with.

MrT27
07-08-2007, 01:04 PM
KW/Sox Organizatoin/OG don't care what the fans think of their moves. They are going to do what they feel is best for the team if you like it or not. I'm positive they know the stance of the fans and sending emails, calling, or writing letters may give you personal satisfaction but its not doing to sway their decision either way.

Martinigirl
07-08-2007, 01:18 PM
KW/Sox Organizatoin/OG don't care what the fans think of their moves. They are going to do what they feel is best for the team if you like it or not. I'm positive they know the stance of the fans and sending emails, calling, or writing letters may give you personal satisfaction but its not doing to sway their decision either way.

To some extent I agree with you, but the Sox are actually a product the Sox need people to buy, and if people say they are going to stop buying what you are selling, then you might be able to make some impression. If there is enough outcry, where they think it will adversely affect their bottom line, there is a chance they will listen. They wouldn't do it because they wanted to spare breaking the hearts of fans, but they would if they thought it would cause them to go back to an empty ballpark.

KRS1
07-08-2007, 01:23 PM

U.S. Cellular Field
333 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616

Well, I was one of those fans of Jericho that "went nuts", and I care a hell of a lot more about the Sox than that show(and I really like the show), so count me in here.

chitownhawkfan
07-08-2007, 01:29 PM
To whom it may concern:

**** you.

Sincerely,

A Sox fan who is paying for the contract of Mark Buehrle's inferior replacement

Good idea Frater but I think i like UserNameBlank's format better. All of this talk about prospects is bull****. One proven vet in the hand is worth two prospects in the bush.

I mean if this could work for a crap show like Jericho maybe it could work for a great pitcher.

TomBradley72
07-08-2007, 01:43 PM

I will be.

Because it's such strong signal of the what kind of organization this really is. I'll still go to 8-10 games a year. I know I'll pay no higher than face value for 100 level tickets for almost any game I really want to go to as long as I plan ahead a little. This was the same way I watched McDowell, Fernandez, Ventura, Ordonez leave the organization. But it's more than history. If they can have a three year run of record attendance like 2005-2007 and still not re-sign Buehrle to money slightly higher than Gil Meche, I don't see an organizational strategy that has them becoming a winner any time soon.

I also do not believe that Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen are the right management team to lead a team through a complete "rebuilding" process. Neither have a stong track record of player development. KW has had oversight for the minor league system for 10+ years...and it's in shambles.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 01:57 PM
If they can have a three year run of record attendance like 2005-2007 and still not re-sign Buehrle to money slightly higher than Gil Meche,

You are aware that this has NOTHING to do with money, right?

champagne030
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM

No, I'm becomming more and more convinced it has everything to do with money. MB has bent over so many ways to stay with the team that the only scenario is that KW/JR don't want to pay Mark $56M over 4 years. And the last report of the option/escalator if traded only furthers that opinion.

It's Dankerific
07-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Yeah, its because they don't want to "handcuff" themselves to a proven lefthanded ace with 100 career victories, a no hitter, a world series win, no time on the DL, who is only 28.

Martinigirl
07-08-2007, 02:29 PM

It will be about money if attendance and revenue drops.

TheVulture
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow. It really worked. I sent the email approximately 3:32 PM. I hit refresh and the sox signed Buehrle. :bandance::supernana::bandance::supernana::):super nana::bandance::supernana::bandance:No need to thank me.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow. It really worked. I sent the email approximately 3:32 PM. I hit refresh and the sox signed Buehrle. No need to thank me.

Thank you! :tongue:

Seriously, if you sent an e-mail before, please send another e-mail to the Sox to thank them for re-signing Mark. I just did - from both of my e-mail addresses!

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

The Dude
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
A lot of you people should be eating crow in this thread and I'm really glad you are!!!!:bandance::supernana::bandance:

TornLabrum
07-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I hereby declare this thread moot.

GregO23
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM

Who will take them? They are all injured. We have to keep atleast one of erstad and podsednik I think, and im hoping it is erstad in a bench role next year. I wonder what Crede is worth in the offseason...

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I hereby declare this thread moot.

And I'm glad you can! :gulp:

TornLabrum
07-08-2007, 05:19 PM
So am I, brother. So am I.

Hitmen77
07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Great idea. Thanks for starting this thread. I'll give it some thought and send an e-mail to the Sox later today.

Ok, I'm back from being out all day (didn't even listen to the game today) and just shot off my angry e-mail to the Sox. I just did it as soon as I turned on the computer and didn't waste any time looking at anything else.

....did I miss anything while I was out? :redneck

Martinigirl
07-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Now I feel as if I should send the Sox a thank you.

oldcomiskey
07-08-2007, 11:46 PM

its a moot point now but ESPN was repoting that in leau of a NTC, his agent wanted a player option in 2011 at 17 million.

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I hereby declare this thread moot.I agree. So what do you say we lock it up?