PDA

View Full Version : Funny Quotes

RowanDye
07-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Not sure if this has been posted about, couldn't find anything with a quick search.

In Jayson Stark's mid-season wrap-up of useless information he mention two funny Flubs stories. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2928938)

First, "Brewers manager Ned Yost tried the fitness route by jogging to Wrigley Field -- only to trip on some loose concrete and break his collarbone."

Obviously the injury is not funny, but the fact that someone got hurt from "loose concrete" at Wrigley is priceless.

Then the really funny quote from the great Ichiro:

"On how his first visit to Wrigley Field reminded him of an old stadium from his youth in Japan: "It had a similar smell of fresh garbage.""

:tongue:

kittle42
07-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Not sure if this has been posted about, couldn't find anything with a quick search.

It wasn't, because most of us don't give two ****s about anything having to do with the Cubs.

rowand33
07-08-2007, 04:31 PM
It wasn't, because most of us don't give two ****s about anything having to do with the Cubs.

oh, leave him alone. It's funny, and if you don't care, don't look at it.

Why do people on WSI insist on going out of their way to be rude?

And don't say it's because we suck because people acted like this in 2005 too.

If you don't care about a topic don't look at it and don't respond to it. Don't be a jackass for no reason.

PKalltheway
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I especially like this quote from Ichiro most of all:

On the prospect of meeting his countryman, Daisuke Matsuzaka (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7906), for the first time in the big leagues: "I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul. I plan to face him with the zeal of a challenger."
That is one bad-ass quote! :cool:

kittle42
07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
oh, leave him alone. It's funny, and if you don't care, don't look at it.

If you don't care about a topic don't look at it and don't respond to it. Don't be a jackass for no reason.

This argument has been discussed here before. Someone had an excellent retort. I'll go find it.

RowanDye
07-08-2007, 07:05 PM

I know I'm a little flubsessed, but my best friend is a life-long Cubs fan! We have fun ribbing each other, and in a year like this one, I get a little enjoyment when there is some public acknowledgment of the Cubs suckitude.

Even if you don't like that I singled out the Cubs quotes, it was still a fun article to read IMO.

getonbckthr
07-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I especially like this quote from Ichiro most of all:

That is one bad-ass quote! :cool:
I have no clue what Ichiro is talking about, but I love it.

PKalltheway
07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I have no clue what Ichiro is talking about, but I love it.
He was talking about facing Daisuke Matsuzaka for the first time in the United States.

IlliniSox4Life
07-08-2007, 08:24 PM
First, "Brewers manager Ned Yost tried the fitness route by jogging to Wrigley Field -- only to trip on some loose concrete and break his collarbone."

Obviously the injury is not funny, but the fact that someone got hurt from "loose concrete" at Wrigley is priceless.

To be fair, the way I read it is that he tripped on concrete on the way to Wrigley (like on the sidewalk somewhere), and not at Wrigley.