PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday didn't happen

Fenway
07-07-2007, 01:37 PM
The White Sox just issued the game notes. You would never know yesterday happened and in fact they put some positive spin on it :tongue:

season high 14 runs and 20 hits

http://presspass.mlb.com/pp_viewer.asp?d=35218&p=1

michned
07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
The White Sox just issued the game notes. You would never know yesterday happened and in fact they put some positive spin on it

That reminds me of a recent thread where the gist of it was, the Sox are still losing but they've been losing by less lately.

Fenway
07-07-2007, 02:02 PM
When the Sox were down 12-4 in the 4th, the headline on the main page of whitesox.com was talking about Garland getting run support. :lol:

oeo
07-07-2007, 02:05 PM
When the Sox were down 12-4 in the 4th, the headline on the main page of whitesox.com was talking about Garland getting run support. :lol:

Why do you come here after the Sox lose a couple of tough games and basically rub it in? You did it after the Flub series, too.

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Why do you come here after the Sox lose a couple of tough games and basically rub it in? You did it after the Flub series, too.

He's not rubbing it in. Unbunch your panties.

Fenway
07-07-2007, 02:08 PM

I'm not rubbing it in....I watched a good part of both games in shock

oeo
07-07-2007, 02:09 PM
He's not rubbing it in. Unbunch your panties.

Whatever...he posts in multiple threads, laughing it up.

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Because of the smiley face he posted?

Crede_Fan
07-07-2007, 02:13 PM

As a Longtime SOX fan, I myself find it funny. I laughed everytime I saw the score yesterday. It was so bad, it was truly funny.

Fenway
07-07-2007, 02:17 PM

oh come on to have whitesox.com having a headline "Garland getting run support" when the score is 12-4 is worth a laugh

SoxandtheCityTee
07-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Meanwhile, Hawk was on ESPN-1000 radio this morning with Levine & Coppock and I tuned in just as he was saying goodbye. If anyone heard it that might also be good for a laugh.

Palehose Pete
07-07-2007, 02:29 PM
So. What did Hawk say?

SoxandtheCityTee
07-07-2007, 02:34 PM
So. What did Hawk say?

Missed it myself. That's why I'm asking.

kittle42
07-07-2007, 02:37 PM
As a Longtime SOX fan, I myself find it funny. I laughed everytime I saw the score yesterday. It was so bad, it was truly funny.

Agreed. Every error got funnier. I might have to start going to games again just to laugh.

santo=dorf
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
The press releases and headlines on the whitesox.com page are reaching Cubune levels. When the Sox were swept by the Cubs, they only mentioned the quality starts by Contreras, Buehrle and Vazquez.

Yesterday when it was 12-4, the main page was talking about how Garland was receiving run support.

StillMissOzzie
07-07-2007, 03:17 PM

What was Nellie's comment the other day about wading through a mountain of horse**** knowing that there's a pony in there somewhere?
Talk about trying to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse...

Meanwhile, Hawk was on ESPN-1000 radio this morning with Levine & Coppock and I tuned in just as he was saying goodbye. If anyone heard it that might also be good for a laugh.

I'd like to know, too. IMMEDIATELEY before the grand slam in game 1, Hawk was saying that the Sox were gonna come back and win this game. After the grand slam, he pretty much ****.

SMO
:(::o: x 2

puckereduppiet
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
What was Nellie's comment the other day about wading through a mountain of horse**** knowing that there's a pony in there somewhere?
Talk about trying to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse...

I'd like to know, too. IMMEDIATELEY before the grand slam in game 1, Hawk was saying that the Sox were gonna come back and win this game. After the grand slam, he pretty much ****.

SMO
:(::o: x 2
I was at the doubleheader...kept looking up to see how Hawk was handling it. HE GONE!!!