PDA

View Full Version : I have got to vent...

TimChamp
04-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Well, I knew we were going to lose as soon as Ritchie left the game, that I stopped watching!!! I have so many things to say about this bullpen pitching that I won't say it all and just keep it simple instead...

First, I say fire bullpen coach Art Kusnyer AND Nardi Contreras our corpsehead pitching coach...they have been here too long and have not shown me anything at all!!! Hire Don Cooper (I would prefer Joe Kerrigan, but we all know that won't happen) as the new pitching coach - he seems to be awesome with developing youngsters and stuff - and hire Cal Eldred as our bullpen coach or something...

In my opinion, you can even go further in firing Manuel, but who would replace him that would do a better job??? So I would have to keep him for a lack of a better choice of managers that are available out there...

What this pitching staff needs are coaches that can get the job done and Art and Nardi haven't done jack crap since they've been here and I believe that Don and Cal would provide better coaching than those two could ever provide in their lifetime!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Sorry for the vent, but the loss in that game was so predictable, I just had to vent...

moochpuppy
04-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp

In my opinion, you can even go further in firing Manuel, but who would replace him that would do a better job??? So I would have to keep him for a lack of a better choice of managers that are available out there...

Ron Kittle?

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

Ron Kittle?

Carlton Fisk, but he'd never work for JR.

Iguana775
04-03-2002, 03:21 PM
i'll do it. i have no experience but i prolly couldnt do much worse than these guys. lol.

:D:

Kilroy
04-03-2002, 03:31 PM
First, I say fire bullpen coach Art Kusnyer AND Nardi Contreras our corpsehead pitching coach...they have been here too long and have not shown me anything at all...

You're kidding right? 2 games into the season, playing a team that arguably could win the last game of the season this year, we split with them, and you wanna fire the whole staff?

:prozac
Check your dosage!! It may need to be upped!!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 03:41 PM

More genius moves by KW. Nick Leyva was demoted as AAA manager. Everybody else moved up a level, with Nick Capra now at Charlotte after being in AA Birmingham last year.

So basically, all of our internal candidates are already learning new jobs--thanks to Williams' genius organizational plan. I only operate Pale Hose Burgers & Fries, and even I know you never move everybody all at once.

:KW
"I may be out of work soon, PHG. How much they payin' you on the fryer?"

TimChamp
04-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

You're kidding right? 2 games into the season, playing a team that arguably could win the last game of the season this year, we split with them, and you wanna fire the whole staff?

:prozac
Check your dosage!! It may need to be upped!!

Well, no, not really, but if this keeps up then, yes, there is no other choice but to do this... :(:

alohafri
04-03-2002, 07:27 PM
First, I say fire bullpen coach Art Kusnyer AND Nardi Contreras our corpsehead pitching coach...they have been here too long and have not shown me anything at all!!! Hire Don Cooper (I would prefer Joe Kerrigan, but we all know that won't happen) as the new pitching coach - he seems to be awesome with developing youngsters and stuff - and hire Cal Eldred as our bullpen coach or something...

I don't know if I would fire Cave, but Nardi, most definitely! He is an idiot. I think Cal would be a great pitching coach for this team. He practically had that role last year anyway. It would save JR some money on windbreakers.

Manuel either needs to quit relying on the pitch count, or he needs to go too. What is the point in trading for a guy touted as an "innings eater" if you are going to pull him after 100 pitches?

:jerry
I don't care if he DOES have a no hitter going. The guy has thrown 102 pitches. I have to pull him.

TimChamp
04-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by alohafri

:jerry
I don't care if he DOES have a no hitter going. The guy has thrown 102 pitches. I have to pull him.

LOL!!! HAHAHA...that is funny...you know what, Manuel is so careful about pitchers that I don't understand why he doesn't treat hitters the same way...I mean, he's so quick to pull someone who starts doing bad, but why does he keep someone in the lineup that's totally sucking (cough...Royce...cough)... :?: :gulp: