PDA

View Full Version : Dump the Coaches First

playForPride
07-07-2007, 11:21 AM
The players continue to play poorly and seem unmotivated to reclaim the season. The manager is in awe of other teams. The current coaches have been unable to help the players perform better in any phase of the game. I believe the talent is still there somewhere and that we need an immediate change in the coaching staff to turn it around. Otherwise, we can expect more of the same for the remainder of the season. Let's not give up on this team. Sign Buerhle too!

BainesHOF
07-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Let's not give up on this team? The season is over for us. Our playoff chances are down to a fraction of one percent. It's time to build for 2008 and beyond.

I agree that it's coming very close to the time to let Ozzie go. He would have been fired long ago if he hadn't managed us to a World Series title. But how long do you give him the benefit of the doubt? The most important thing a manager can do at the pro level is have his team play hard. That's clearly not been the case for a long time now. Why has Ozzie tolerated it? Why has management allowed it to continue for so long?

I think firing Walker is overdue. At first I was in his corner as it's really up to the players to produce. But when so many hitters hit so poorly for so long, the hitting coach has to take the fall. A hitting coach has no other responsibility that to help the team hit. When the team hits so poorly for so long, it's clear the hitting coach is failing at the only job he has. So why keep Walker?

MetroPD
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
The players are no longer reacting to the rants and tirades of one Ozzie Guillen. The novelty has worn off and the once refreshing shoot from the lip attitude has gone the way of a dead horse.

lostfan
07-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Cue someone posting "this thread sucks" because they can't bear to hear criticism of Ozzie...

I think the Sox have problems down at the minor league levels though... maybe. Our rookies shouldn't be taking this long to have an impact at the major league level.

Viva Medias B's
07-07-2007, 08:25 PM
No one should be fired. Ozzie should not be fired. Walk should not be fired. Coop should not be fired. KW should not be fired.

Williams deserves a chance to retool/rebuild/reload this team. He has proven his worth on 10/26/2005, he is entitled to a chance to do that again.

lostfan
07-07-2007, 08:26 PM
KW is not a coach.

Viva Medias B's
07-07-2007, 09:46 PM
KW is not a coach.

I know, but I included him before someone else posts a demand for his ouster.

rdivaldi
07-07-2007, 09:47 PM
:threadblows:

As always, newbie paranoia and "end of the world" rants...

Domeshot17
07-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Art should be fired, we need a new bullpen coach.

Viva Medias B's
07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Art should be fired, we need a new bullpen coach.

Cave stays too!!!

pearso66
07-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, or maybe it has, and I just missed it, but is anyone really surprised that our minor leaguers come up and can't hit? Nobody on the team is hitting, when new players come up, they aren't going to see anything to hit. It's hard to come up and hit well when the rest of the lineup sucks.