PDA

View Full Version : Im tired of these stupid Sox fans

Rockabilly
07-07-2007, 10:58 AM
That blame Ozzie and Kenny and think they should be fired.. The people to blame for this season are the players..

I hope to god that KW gets rid of
Dye
Contreras
Uribe
Pods
Erstad and many others

I wouldnt even mind to see PK and AJ go and just start from scratch with Buehrle still here...

tick53
07-07-2007, 11:02 AM
That blame Ozzie and Kenny and think they should be fired.. The people to blame for this season are the players..

Dye
Contreras
Uribe
Pods
Erstad and many others

I wouldnt even mind to see PK and AJ go and just start from scratch with Buehrle still here...

It wouldn't bother me at all.

Sox
07-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Nooooooo!!!!! Not AJ.:whiner:

Rockabilly
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Nooooooo!!!!! Not AJ.:whiner:

AJ is batting like 240 and he can't throw any one out so why keep him..

tick53
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Blow the whole damn team up! I don't care!

voodoochile
07-07-2007, 11:25 AM
We need a graph...

Jurr
07-07-2007, 11:29 AM
We need a graph...
I'm trying to put one together, but all I know how to use is my Ti-83. :(:

RoobarbPie
07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
We need a graph...

Here's AJ's batting average graph (courtesy of fangraphs). Does this meet your graphing needs?

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs/746_C_daily_full_0_20070706.png

Juice16
07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree. The blame is the underperforming players. The only thing I can pin on Kenny is the bullpen. Blaming the manager for poor play has been perfected by Cub fans for as long as I have been alive, Sox fans are better than that.

Rockabilly
07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
AJ Stats
246 Avg
290 OBP

way below avg throwing out runners

MeteorsSox4367
07-07-2007, 11:47 AM
In defense of Pierzynski, Scot Gregor wrote an article in the Daily Herald a few weeks ago ranking the Sox players. He had Pierzynski sixth out of 25 in terms of value to the team and performance this season. In his comment about Pierzynski, Gregor said something to the effect that if there is one player on the team who takes the team's horrible play most to heart, it's Pierzynski.

Granted, his numbers in terms of throwing out runners should be better, but some of the pitchers (Contreras, por ejemplo), have no idea how to hold runners on. I'm 6'4, 330 lbs. and 40 years old and I think I could steal second with Contreras pitching.

And it's not like the Sox have stud catchers in the minors waiting to come up. Gustavo Molina? Nope.

Garland_IS_God
07-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Blow the whole damn team up! I don't care!

I agree. Start a major overhaul. Nobody on this team is untouchable!

Rockabilly
07-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I see alot of the Sox players getting bashed on this site because of their poor season but I dont hear anyone bashing AJ which his season is just as brutal as anyone else...

Buehrle,Jenks,Danks Garland and Vazquez should be the only players that shouldn't be blame

michned
07-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Here's AJ's batting average graph (courtesy of fangraphs). Does this meet your graphing needs?

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs/746_C_daily_full_0_20070706.png

No, this one will do... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=975980&postcount=88)

kittle42
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Who put those players on the roster to suck to begin with?

getonbckthr
07-07-2007, 12:31 PM
4 of the 5 he listed won us a world series if that means anything to anyone.

soxwon
07-07-2007, 12:36 PM

because he's a pro wrestler, and the mosted hated guy in sports.
And we LOVE him.

Zisk77
07-07-2007, 01:18 PM
To me the only guys untouchable in trade would be: Konerko, Thome, Fields, A.J., Danks, Garland, Beurhle, Thornton, & Jenks. I would build around them.

Throwing out runners is almost NEVER the fault of the catcher. While A.J. doesn't have a connon he doesn't have a rag arm either. He is more than adequate.

Jose, like Freddy last year, gives a catcher no chance.

Danks needs to develop a better move and I expect he will. Its almost criminal to have a lefty without a move.

y2j2785
07-07-2007, 01:59 PM
To me the only guys untouchable in trade would be: Konerko, Thome, Fields, A.J., Danks, Garland, Beurhle, Thornton, & Jenks. I would build around them.

Throwing out runners is almost NEVER the fault of the catcher. While A.J. doesn't have a connon he doesn't have a rag arm either. He is more than adequate.

Jose, like Freddy last year, gives a catcher no chance.

Danks needs to develop a better move and I expect he will. Its almost criminal to have a lefty without a move.

I wouldnt call Thome untouchable. The guy is getting old. He strikes out A LOT. He has 62 of them in 183 AB. He has a higher strike out rate(.339) than he does an BA(.273). Granted he does walk a alot, he is not clutch at all. Almost anytime he comes up in a big situation late in a game he either strikes out or flies out. He isnt untouchable, but we're stuck with him cus theres prob no one out there we can replace him with right now.

oeo
07-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Start over and sign Buehrle? Why? That makes no sense...why are we going to sign Buehrle and rebuild...that's a complete waste of money. Some of these guys need to stay if we want to contend next year...and some of them should stay.

AJ is batting like 240 and he can't throw any one out so why keep him..Because it's the intangibles that make AJ who he is; kind of like Rowand was. Not to mention, he may not be able to throw anyone out, but he knows to how to call a game and is a great defender. His average will come up, too.

Rockabilly
07-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Start over and sign Buehrle? Why? That makes no sense...why are we going to sign Buehrle and rebuild...that's a complete waste of money. Some of these guys need to stay if we want to contend next year...and some of them should stay.

Because it's the intangibles that make AJ who he is; kind of like Rowand was. Not to mention, he may not be able to throw anyone out, but he knows to how to call a game and is a great defender. His average will come up, too.

Because Mark can teach the younger players like Maddux does... Im pretty sure Danks has learn alot of MB...

Name 15 players that should stay on this team next year

Rockabilly
07-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I can give you a list that 12 players that should not be on the team next year

1 Contreras
2 Pods
3 Uribe
4 Erstad
5 Mackowiak
6 Dye
7 Aardsma
8 Thome
9 Macdougal
10 Terrero
11 Cintron
12 Gonzalez

oeo
07-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Because Mark can teach the younger players like Maddux does... Im pretty sure Danks has learn alot of MB...

Name 15 players that should stay on this team next year

If we're not going to contend for the four years that Mark will be signed, then I don't want to waste that money.

When did I ever say that 15 guys should stay? :?:

1 Contreras
2 Pods
3 Uribe
4 Erstad
5 Mackowiak
6 Dye
7 Aardsma
8 Thome
9 Macdougal
10 Terrero- could become a good bench guy
11 Cintron
12 Gonzalez- a versatile bench playerThe bolded one's should stay. Three of those guys on the list are bench players, that have had to start because of injuries. I think your opinion changes if they are in the role they're supposed to be.

And trading MacDougal would be a mistake, mark my words.

EDIT: Although, now that I think about it, I can list 15...
1. Buehrle
2. Garland
3. Danks
4. Konerko
5. Thome
6. MacDougal
7. Fields
8. Crede
9. Jenks
10. Logan
11. Terrero
12. Mackowiak
13. Gonzalez
14. AJ
15. Vazquez
16. Thornton

kittle42
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
4 of the 5 he listed won us a world series if that means anything to anyone.

Blah, blah, blah, World Series. How long is the Sox brass going to get a pass based on 2005?

Say what you will about Yankee fans, but their mindset of World Series or bust is the right one - and just because you won one 2 years ago doesn't mean squat.

RowanDye
07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
No, this one will do... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=975980&postcount=88)

The sad part is that HomeFish's projection are looking pretty accurate. :whiner:

He had a good year last year, but A.J. is just a rally killer right now.

What happened to the perennial .300 hitter?

FarWestChicago
07-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Blah, blah, blah, World Series. How long is the Sox brass going to get a pass based on 2005?Blah, blah, blah. What are you going to do about it? Your beloved Yanks haven't won a Series in a while. ***** about them for a change.

JB98
07-07-2007, 11:30 PM
The sad part is that HomeFish's projection are looking pretty accurate. :whiner:

He had a good year last year, but A.J. is just a rally killer right now.

What happened to the perennial .300 hitter?

AJ decided he wanted to hit for more power. He was successful in doing so the first six weeks of the season, but now his swing is long and generally all ****ed up. He's way too pull-conscious.

I think AJ needs the All-Star break more than any player on this club. The lack of a suitable backup the last two years has caused him to have to catch a lot of games. When he was younger, it probably wouldn't have mattered much. But he's 30 now, not 23, and he could use a little break every now and then. Unfortunately, Ozzie doesn't have the luxury of resting him too much.

I oppose any attempt to trade AJ. He has his flaws, sure. But he's far superior to anyone we've had at the position since Pudge retired. AJ will rip off your skull and piss on your brain in order win a game. He's my kind of guy. I like him a lot.

Tragg
07-07-2007, 11:50 PM

1 Contreras
2 Pods
3 Uribe
4 Erstad
5 Mackowiak
6 Dye
7 Aardsma
8 Thome
9 Macdougal
10 Terrero
11 Cintron
12 Gonzalez
We need to keep Thome (too many needs to worry about a DH). Gonzalez looks okay for a utility player - infield or outfield. I'd give MacDougal a chance to work out his problems.
I'd keep Contreras and Mack if we couldn't trade them. (i.e. not release them) - but I'd try to trade them. I'd like an upgrade at short, and Uribe's about to get expensive, but he doesn't bother me as much as he bothers most fans.
The rest I agree. Pods, reluctantly because of his injuries, but he's been key for this team.

Soxfanspcu11
07-08-2007, 02:11 AM

Dye
Contreras
Uribe
Pods
Erstad and many others

I agree with some of what you said and disagree with some of it as well.

I disagree that Kenny and Ozzie don't deserve blame. IMHO, they deserve A LOT of blame. Kenny failed to address some glarring problems in the offseason. Kind of hoping that things would just happen to "work out".

Ozzie has made some bone head calls this year. Geez, where do I start. I could go on and on about things Ozzie has done this year that have made me ill.

But I do agree that a lot of the blame has to go on the players, there is no doubt about that.

And you are right about everyone pretty much being tradeable EXCEPT Mark!

I love PK and AJ as well, but if they need to go in order to bring Mark back, then that's fine with me.

If Kenny trades Mark, I am going to be sicker than I have EVER been!!!!!

Trading Mark would be the WORST MOVE EVER in the history of the Sox organization!!!!!!!!

Nellie_Fox
07-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Trading Mark would be the WORST MOVE EVER in the history of the Sox organization!!!!!!!!Students, here is a perfect example of exaggeration. Not only have arguably better players been traded in the past, in this case we don't know what the Sox received in return.

I want to keep Buehrle, but come on people, take a deep breath.

Soxfanspcu11
07-08-2007, 02:57 AM
Students, here is a perfect example of exaggeration. Not only have arguably better players been traded in the past, in this case we don't know what the Sox received in return.

I want to keep Buehrle, but come on people, take a deep breath.

Teachers, here is a perfect example of someone not reading into the obvious anger that I have towards this issue.

I thought that it was pretty obvious that I didn't mean that it would/could be the worst trade ever, seeing as that I didn't give any kind of list of past trades.

Instead, trying to convey the anger that I would have if indeed Mark would be traded.

I thought that reading in between the lines was obvious on this, but I guess I need to be more definitive and clear in the future.

Nellie_Fox
07-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Teachers, here is a perfect example of someone not reading into the obvious anger that I have towards this issue.

I thought that it was pretty obvious that I didn't mean that it would/could be the worst trade ever, seeing as that I didn't give any kind of list of past trades.

Instead, trying to convey the anger that I would have if indeed Mark would be traded.

I thought that reading in between the lines was obvious on this, but I guess I need to be more definitive and clear in the future.Just say what you mean.

TornLabrum
07-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Just say what you mean.

And mean what you say!

itsnotrequired
07-08-2007, 10:39 AM

And when players succeed, how often does the front office get credit for putting them together? The front office is a thankless job.

And mean what you say!

Arby's is a fine dining establishment.

jabrch
07-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Blah, blah, blah, World Series. How long is the Sox brass going to get a pass based on 2005?

Nobody is getting a "pass" - but if your timeframe for evaluation of performance is only 1 year, and you are forgetting both 2006 (90 wins) and 2005; then you will have such sick turnover in your players/managers/coaches/front office that your team will suck tremendously forever.

The Sox won a WS and 189 games in two years with this management team. Getting all pissy after a bad half, or even a bad year would be horrendously shortsighted. I'm disappointed at how many of our fans are so overboard on this.

After 2005, I'm willing to put up with a few bad years - as long as we are doing things to improve the long term health of the franchise. If rebuilding is the answer - then lets do it. But lets do it with complete and total committment to rebuilding. If it is a quick fix, and we can contend next year - then let's do it.

kittle42
07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Blah, blah, blah. What are you going to do about it? Your beloved Yanks haven't won a Series in a while. ***** about them for a change.

Personally, I don't really think I have the power to do anything about it, aside from not renewing my season tickets if I am not happy about the direction or stance the franchise has taken, which I may do.

But if we at least can't sit here and be frustrated and voice our opinions as fans, West, then what should we do? Why do we even discuss the Sox at all?

And you know I'm no Yankee fan - just using a franchise and fan base that generally only accepts winning as an example.