PDA

View Full Version : different approach

misty60481
07-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Instead of all this talk about changing things why doesnt KW just get all the players together and say,, no changes,, if you stink up the place you deserve all the writers and fan abuse..Embarass yourself,, your staying in the game.. Sign MB and let everybody know that there on there own..They really have nobody that can bring much back in trade right now..and I m sick and tired of prospects..Start fining players for mental mistakes,, make them get mentally into the game..Quit blaming coaches for bad play,, they make more money in a couple years than the average person makes in a lifetime--show it,,

soxfanreggie
07-07-2007, 09:55 AM
1. As for fining player for mental mistakes...kangaroo court is one thing, but I could see the Players' Association in on that real quick.

2. You don't sign MB and make no changes. We have some guys that need to go. Yes, they may have made some positive contributions to the Sox, but you can't help it when guys are oft-injured. I don't think you can keep both Pods and Erstad with the risk that one or both would be injured. In addition, you can get something for Dye. If his trade value is greater than a compensation pick, make the trade.

voodoochile
07-07-2007, 09:57 AM
1. As for fining player for mental mistakes...kangaroo court is one thing, but I could see the Players' Association in on that real quick.

2. You don't sign MB and make no changes. We have some guys that need to go. Yes, they may have made some positive contributions to the Sox, but you can't help it when guys are oft-injured. I don't think you can keep both Pods and Erstad with the risk that one or both would be injured. In addition, you can get something for Dye. If his trade value is greater than a compensation pick, make the trade.

As I understand it, most teams already have a kangaroo court system in place. I am pretty sure the Sox did/do. They use the money for their post season wrap party.

soxfanreggie
07-07-2007, 10:07 AM
That's what I meant, teams have kangaroo courts for this, but if they started "getting out of hand" with fines, that could be bad. Anyway, they already should have enough money for a huge party. Might as well give the money for a party for the fans! :D:.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Managers are no longer allowed to 'fine' players (a la Eddie Stanky) for not executing bunts, sacrifice flies, advancing runners and so forth.

Yes the MLBPA would immediately get involved in someone tried it.

Managers can however still bench players for not doing what they want.

Lip

RockJock07
07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm still a fan of trading the junk away (i.e. Juan, Jose, and Dye)

misty60481
07-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Im not at all happy with the players,, but I think right now there trade value is at the lowest.. After the season some teams are going to be looking for pitchers and if they missed out on FAs they might think Jose is worth something,, also position players if they try to plug there weaknesses Juan,, Pods,, Dye,, might look pretty good..I also heard Brian A.. is really starting to hit after his injuries, try bringing him up,, I like the way he plays CF,,

eriqjaffe
07-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Managers can however still bench players for not doing what they want.If Ozzie benched everybody who wasn't performing or executing, he'd have to start Razor Shines, Harold Baines, Herm Schneider and that vendor with the gravelly voice who yells "Miller Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite".

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Im not at all happy with the players,, but I think right now there trade value is at the lowest.. After the season some teams are going to be looking for pitchers and if they missed out on FAs they might think Jose is worth something,, also position players if they try to plug there weaknesses Juan,, Pods,, Dye,, might look pretty good..I also heard Brian A.. is really starting to hit after his injuries, try bringing him up,, I like the way he plays CF,,I've simply got to know: do you have a defective keyboard, or do you deliberately use double commas and periods? If the latter, why? I'm really curious.

eriqjaffe
07-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I've simply got to know: do you have a defective keyboard, or do you deliberately use double commas and periods? If the latter, why? I'm really curious.Lack of fundamentals.

misty60481
07-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Just a habit I am not a typer and I use double space between words.