PDA

View Full Version : GETTING SEASON TIX Next Year?

MySoxAreClean
07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I know were at the HALFWAY point,and it's too soon. But with the stuff that going on the south side, are you people planning on renewing season tickets next year? People jumped on after the 05 year, wondering how many will jump off, that means hopefully i can move down a few rows closer to the field.

I'm poor so I can only get the weekend plan, But i am staying on board .

It's Dankerific
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I think it really depends, for a lot of people, on what happens with mark...

I know were at the HALFWAY point,and it's too soon. But with the stuff that going on the south side, are you people planning on renewing season tickets next year? People jumped on after the 05 year, wondering how many will jump off, that means hopefully i can move down a few rows closer to the field.

JB98
07-06-2007, 10:11 PM

Ditto. I have a weekend plan. I plan to keep it.

BainesHOF
07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't see a reason to keep my full plan. This is a dead team and dead organization. Attendance is going to fall off a cliff next season. Tickets will be easy to come by whenever you want to go to a game. A bonus of staying home to watch the games on TV next year will be avoiding the relentless inane B.S. that takes place at the park between innings.

salty99
07-06-2007, 11:35 PM
full season plan will be gone...not sure if I will get a different one next year or not.

jabrch
07-06-2007, 11:53 PM
I think it really depends, for a alot of people, on what happens with mark...

I'm still not buying that there are people out there who are more of Mark Buehrle fans than White Sox fans.

I've seen Frank, Robin, Pudge and Harold leave - and would never have considered not coming out to the park. Losing Mark Buehrle certainly wouldn't push me over the edge.

I'm a fan of the team - not the players. I'd cheer (almost) whomever wears the uniform. I cheered for douchebags - when they were Sox. (Albert Belle, for instance) If Mark doesn't return, I'll renew my tickets and cheer for the 2008 White Sox.

jabrch
07-06-2007, 11:55 PM
This is a dead team and dead organization.

Baines - it is possible that this is the biggest exaggeration yet in WSI's history of glorious exaggerations.

The Dude
07-07-2007, 12:13 AM

I will continue to get full season tickets no matter how they do.

robertks61
07-07-2007, 12:25 AM
I'll continue and have since 1991.........

pearso66
07-07-2007, 12:33 AM
If I lived closer to the park, I'd probably renew, but when it takes at least an hour, with no traffic, to get to the park, and then I have to sit through crap, and then at least an hour back, it's really not a fun day. I love going to sox games, but this year it seems like work, and I'd rather not work on my days off.

mwc44
07-07-2007, 12:42 AM
I will continue to get full season tickets no matter how they do.

I'll continue and have since 1991.........

I've had them for 16 years, through bad, very bad, good, championship great, and back to very bad again.

I'm all in for the duration... have mercy on me!

Hitmen77
07-07-2007, 12:46 AM

I agree. Even though ticket sales will drop regardless after this season, I think both season ticket sales and advanced sales in Feb. and March are going to take a HUGE hit if Mark leaves.

We just saw a sneak-peak at our post-Buehrle future tonight. I don't think that is going to encourage many people to keep investing time and money on this team.

People on this site can argue about the NTC issue all they want, but to most fans, the Sox trading Mark/letting him walk over a NTC will really kill local enthusiasm for this team.

....and people aren't going to believe that the Sox are going to improve next year without Buehrle. How many holes are they going to fill by not paying him $14 million/year? And how will that offset the huge dropoff in having Gavin Floyd replace MB in the rotation?

jabrch
07-07-2007, 12:54 AM
We just saw a sneak-peak at our post-Buehrle future tonight.

Really? I think we saw Jon Garland, who is presumedly part of any future plan, get bombed. I don't think Mark being here or not would change that. And we saw the Sox bring up a guy to start from the minors because we had a DH and no days off. If Floyd continues to suck when he faces MLB hitters in the spring and the regular season, he isn't part of the "post-Buehrle future".

I think today sucked; but not because it foreshadows anything. Today sucked because of how sucky it was today.

ChiSoxFan7
07-07-2007, 01:02 AM
. .. Today sucked because of how sucky it was today.

well put, and in only 9 words too!:cool:

Parrothead
07-07-2007, 01:04 AM
If I can find someone to split my weekend plan, I am in. Otherwise, I am out. It is too much going every Sat and Sun. Plus, I can't see the Windy City Thunderbolts on the weekends.

Woofer
07-07-2007, 01:09 AM
We have the weekday 27 game plan. The drive from Joliet is not a fun or easy one right now. With or without Buerhle next year, this team is going back to the kids can play part 2. In saying that, re-uping the big bucks for 4 tickets when it is impossible to find buyers for the games we can't make it to makes it hard to make that kind of commitment anymore. We love the Sox, and going to games, and our seats, but we will probably watch the losing from home next year.:(:

HotelWhiteSox
07-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Would if I had the $ and logistic combo, even then though it'd probably be a partial plan, just for time sake and not wanting to waste unused tickets

redsand22
07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I have 4 seats in the bleachers I'm looking to keep, but it would be a lot easier if someone was interested in the Sunday tickets. If anyone is seriously interested in splitting a weekend package where they take 4 bleacher seats and parking every sunday, please let me know.

I want to keep my package, but a new house, etc is making it tough.

DumpJerry
07-07-2007, 01:47 AM
The only reason I would not renew my full season plan is because I got transferred to Utah, Colorado or Alaska.

Since I am self employed, the odds of that transfer seem remote.

Why wouldn't I renew?

1. You can't beat fun at the ol' ballpark.
2. The Sox take care of their loyal customers.
3. It's real nice not having to worry about whether I can get good seats to the games I really want to get to see.
4. I love the benefit of having dinner with a current player of my choice three time a month on the team's dime 12 months a year.

DumpJerry
07-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh yeah, for those of you who live south of the park:
The Dan Ryan will be open next year.:supernana::bandance::supernana:

jabrch
07-07-2007, 03:09 AM

That's really funny. I like that.

It's Dankerific
07-07-2007, 07:20 AM
4. I love the benefit of having dinner with a current player of my choice three time a month on the team's dime 12 months a year.

How's this work?

mwc44
07-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Oh yeah, for those of you who live south of the park:
The Dan Ryan will be open next year.:supernana::bandance::supernana:

FINALLY!!!! But then again, the 50 year reconstruction projects on the Skyway and IN Toll Road keep rolling on... and on... and on...

BainesHOF
07-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Baines - it is possible that this is the biggest exaggeration yet in WSI's history of glorious exaggerations.

This team is clearly dead if you watch it. Friday's debacle was just the latest example. My goodness, even Thome looked like a clown in Game 2 the way he lost his bat twice in weird fashion and smacked the catcher and umpire the second time. What disturbs me the most is the lack of hustle and effort. Uribe is probably the biggest offender. He doesn't even pretend to get fully ready before each pitch and his lack of full focus when the ball is hit to him is apparent. Iguchi does not run the bases hard. Even Konerko was guilty on Wednesday when the game had to be held up for him to finally get off the field when he walked back to the dugout as soon as he hit the foul line after an out. It might not have been a coincidence that he was taken out of the game immediately afterward. Some captain. You would never see Jeter leave the field like that.

My calling the organization dead stems partly from our minor league system being completely unproductive. It's been amazing how one so-called prospect after another falls completely on his face when he gets called up to the majors. I also say the organization is dead because there hasn't been one major move to try to right the ship this season. Not one! I don't even blame management for most of our troubles this season. I think most of our troubles should be pinned on the players. But you have to do something to shake up the team. I don't recall an organization being so inactive as its big hopes for a season completely fade away. And a manager who repeatedly talks about being fired during tough times is self defeatist.

skobabe8
07-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I don't see a reason to keep my full plan. This is a dead team and dead organization. Attendance is going to fall off a cliff next season. Tickets will be easy to come by whenever you want to go to a game. A bonus of staying home to watch the games on TV next year will be avoiding the relentless inane B.S. that takes place at the park between innings.

I really agree with you there. Just stop the bombardment of "entertainment" between innings already. Its awful.

As far as re-upping our hit-n-run next year, just not sure.

hose
07-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I can't get season tickets due to obligations/responsibilities......geezer factor.

All I ask is that the team is at least fun to watch. I've seen worse Sox teams than the '07 one but this could be the single most disappointing first half I can remember.

spiffie
07-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I would renew my tickets, but I need flexibility going forward and cannot allow my organization to be handcuffed.

Hey, if the reasoning is good enough for Kenny, its good enough for me.

WSox597
07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I've never had season tickets, but attend games when I can. I'm not much for crowds, so I enjoy the games more from home.

The sad thing is, after the WS championship, the Sox could have owned the city. They mishandled the opportunity, and now it's shifting back to the despicable team from 8 miles north, and their even more despicable fan base.

It's a blown opportunity, no doubt. Blame has to be shared across the board. And the chairman. The WS win can't be taken away, but man, the possibilities!

For all of that dynasty talk, to come up empty like this really stings.

Losing Buehrle will really hurt the team's attendance. As will losing Garland shortly after he's a free agent. You really can't blame a man for looking for the big bucks if they're out there. Especially when it's pretty obvious he would be traded anyway after giving up the "hometown" discount. So, he would get hosed twice by signing without the NTC. I'd do the same as him given the chance.

Loyalty works both ways, or it should. And here it doesn't. So we'll suffer through another losing stretch, with subpar players masquerading as major leaguers. And all less than two years after sweeping the World Series. It's a damn shame.

At least the fan base won't put up with it, and the reduced attendance is the only way to get ownership's attention. Put a decent product on the field and the fans will support it.

PeoriaSoxFan
07-07-2007, 09:40 AM
I bought tickets to 10 games this year, even though I live 3 hours away. Right there, you can tell that I am crazy. We went up twice this week and have seen 6 Sox wins this year, which is pretty amazing given their record. It would have been 7, but Mr. Bukvich took care of that in Monday's meltdown. Anyway, I will still go to games next year, but will not make that high of a commitment again, until some things change. I could just go to Charlotte to see this team. KW, please get us an OF!!!!

southside rocks
07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Yes, I will renew my season tickets, and I may get a larger game ticket plan.

I've been a Sox fan since 1967. It would take a longer stretch of suckitude than this season's to get me to re-think my game attendance.

Although if things don't improve, I may drink more at future games.

dakuda
07-07-2007, 10:37 AM
The biggest factor for me is the $. I think the seats I have went up about $400, when compared to 2006. I may not be able to afford it next year. However, the circus this year is not amusing me.

soxfanreggie
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I can't really get season tickets because of work. Unless I get off early, I can't make weekday games, so I pretty much listen to all of them on the radio or watch them on TV. In this case, I get weekend tickets. However, if they raise prices after this season, you're going to see a huge drop off in attendance and ticket package sales, especially if they go for a "youth movement".

Brian26
07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
The sad thing is, after the WS championship, the Sox could have owned the city. They mishandled the opportunity, and now it's shifting back to the despicable team from 8 miles north, and their even more despicable fan base.

This is another one of those inane sports talk radio cliches that makes absolutely no sense and has no truth to it.

First of all, the Sox did own this city for the 2nd half of 2005 and all of 2006.

Secondly, how did they mishandle their opportunity? Other than losing games (which is essentially something that nobody in the organization has control over because injuries, momentum and fate in baseball are as unpredicatable as the weather), what in the world could they have done? The marketing and promotions by the Sox organization have been phenomenal. They hit a really unlucky patch of ice this year, and there's nothing anything could have done. Just as easily as the roll of the dice worked in '05, it could have worked in '07. Likewise, the moves the organization made in '05 could have blown up in their faces.

I don't buy this notion that the Sox could have taken over the city. The people who are Cubs fan will always be Cub fans, Sox fans will always be Sox fans, the media will always have a northside bias, and the bandwagoners will always migrate to the better team. That formula has been the same since the 60s, and it's not going to change.

PopsBrechtel
07-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, I too will renew my tickets. We're just having one of those years where nothing goes right.

In 2005 we had very few injuries.

At the beginning of this season we could have never even imagined that our # 1 & 2 hitters would go on the disabled list twice in the 1st half of the season.

Then you have Crede gone for the year with season ending surgury.

While Konerko (30+ points less than career ave.)and Dye (40+ points less than career ave.) go ice cold hitting.

And don't even get me started on the bullpen!

We're going to suck until the veterens start to play like veterans & the kids grow up FAST!

Brian26
A bonus of staying home to watch the games on TV next year will be avoiding the relentless inane B.S. that takes place at the park between innings.

I generally enjoy the Pride Crew, but some of the stuff that they are doing this year is beyond forced. The gimmick they do on Thursdays with shooting the balls out to rightfield for the fan to try to catch them is completely lame.

I like the little kids trying to hit the homers on the Fundamentals deck, but most of the other stuff belongs at a Windy City Thunderbolts game.

mwc44
...The people who are Cubs fan will always be Cub fans, Sox fans will always be Sox fans, the media will always have a northside bias, and the bandwagoners will always migrate to the better team. That formula has been the same since the 60s, and it's not going to change.

That says it all. Well stated, Brian.

TomBradley72
07-07-2007, 11:08 AM
If I lived closer to the park, I'd probably renew, but when it takes at least an hour, with no traffic, to get to the park, and then I have to sit through crap, and then at least an hour back, it's really not a fun day. I love going to sox games, but this year it seems like work, and I'd rather not work on my days off.

I'm with you. I live in Antioch, so it's about 100 miles round trip through construction and traffic. I have the weekend season ticket plan...if they re-sign Buehrle..I'm 50/50 to renew. If they don't, I will be canceling my tickets. I'll still go to 8-10 games in 2008, plenty of 100 level tickets will be available at face value...just like 1995-2004. If they can't commit to a guy like MB and the ~$25MM he's giving up my not becoming a FA, then I won't commit to the organization with season tickets.

I've listened to KW's bluster for seven seasons now. He's been right once. Wrong six times. He inherited a 2000 Division winning team. I'm not sure if he's the right architect for rebuilding. Especially since he has led or had a leadership role in player development since the mid-90's and we have little to show for it.

TomBradley72
07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
This team is clearly dead if you watch it. Friday's debacle was just the latest example. My goodness, even Thome looked like a clown in Game 2 the way he lost his bat twice in weird fashion and smacked the catcher and umpire the second time. What disturbs me the most is the lack of hustle and effort. Uribe is probably the biggest offender. He doesn't even pretend to get fully ready before each pitch and his lack of full focus when the ball is hit to him is apparent. Iguchi does not run the bases hard. Even Konerko was guilty on Wednesday when the game had to be held up for him to finally get off the field when he walked back to the dugout as soon as he hit the foul line after an out. It might not have been a coincidence that he was taken out of the game immediately afterward. Some captain. You would never see Jeter leave the field like that.

My calling the organization dead stems partly from our minor league system being completely unproductive. It's been amazing how one so-called prospect after another falls completely on his face when he gets called up to the majors. I also say the organization is dead because there hasn't been one major move to try to right the ship this season. Not one! I don't even blame management for most of our troubles this season. I think most of our troubles should be pinned on the players. But you have to do something to shake up the team. I don't recall an organization being so inactive as its big hopes for a season completely fade away. And a manager who repeatedly talks about being fired during tough times is self defeatist.

This is not overstating the current state of the organization. This is accurate.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately, I will not be able to renew my Double Play plan next year - I accepted a new job in New York and don't think I'll make it back for many games.

Hopefully I will be back in Chicago in the next few years and can once again become a ST holder.

TomBradley72
07-07-2007, 11:20 AM
This is another one of those inane sports talk radio cliches that makes absolutely no sense and has no truth to it.

First of all, the Sox did own this city for the 2nd half of 2005 and all of 2006.

Secondly, how did they mishandle their opportunity? Other than losing games (which is essentially something that nobody in the organization has control over because injuries, momentum and fate in baseball are as unpredicatable as the weather), what in the world could they have done?

They could have actually developed a bullpen vs. trying to build it around other teams leftovers (Sisco, Aardsma, MacDougal, etc.)
They could have actually had a CF the past two years
They could have actually built a team around their "alleged" philosophy of "smallball" vs. base clogging sluggers.
They could have accurately assessed their minor league OF talent that supposedly game them the "surplus" so they could afford to trade Rowand and Young. (as we watch Mackowiak, Terrero, Gonzolez, etc.)

This is not "propaganda" and they are not "victims"...they had a great opportunity after 2005. They blew it and now they are starting over.
If they deserve credit for 2005. They deserve blame for 2001-2004 and 2006-2007.

TomBradley72
07-07-2007, 11:22 AM
At the beginning of this season we could have never even imagined that our # 1 & 2 hitters would go on the disabled list twice in the 1st half of the season.

Then you have Crede gone for the year with season ending surgury.

Very imaginable. Erstad, Pods and Crede all have a history of injury. KW took a calculated risk that they would stay healthy. He was wrong.

MCHSoxFan
07-07-2007, 11:24 AM

I can only get the DPP, two. I will not give up. I am totally going to renewing my ticket plan. I love baseball and I think White Sox baseball is the best and most exciting. Sure, the games really suck this year (MOST OF THEM! :angry:), but I still make the most of it. Lastly, what happens if in 2008, the Sox happen to play 05 ball? I will already have locked up with my tickets and will have an OUTSTANDING TIME!!!!

Where are your seats now? I never thought about the fact I could get better seats!!!

GoSox2K3
07-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't buy this notion that the Sox could have taken over the city. The people who are Cubs fan will always be Cub fans, Sox fans will always be Sox fans, the media will always have a northside bias, and the bandwagoners will always migrate to the better team. That formula has been the same since the 60s, and it's not going to change.

I disagree. Yes, there are a large number of people who are entrenched Cub fans or Sox fans - and that won't change. But, you fail to see the fluidity of the Chicago market. Chicago isn't just full of households that are totally in the Cubs camp or in the Sox camp with the rest being "bandwagoners".

Every year there are thousands of people who move to Chicago from elsewhere without any fixed team loyalty. These people should be up for grabs as far as winning over fans goes. Before 2005, it used to be a slam dunk that people like this would go over to the Cubs camp. 2005 really changed that.

Also, there are certain people in this world commonly referred to as KIDS. More than you think don't grow up in total Cubs or Sox households. These kids are up for grabs. Again, before '05 in most parts of town, they almost all went to the Cubs. Since '05, the Sox have made huge inroads in winning over kids as fans. These aren't all bandwagoners and their loyalties are very important - win over kids and the Sox have won over many fans for life. That's what the Cubs did in the 1980s.

As far as the Sox "mishandling" this opportunity goes. I agree with you that, while there is blame to be found for how we ended up where we are now, it's not really a Sox "PR blunder". However, IMO it isn't the fact that the Sox have had a perfect storm of a bad year that will kill the Sox momentum in market share in this town. Quite frankly, it's how the whole Buehrle situation is being handled that will kill interest for this team in town. If he slips away, people will once again see the Sox as a team that is more committed to mediocrity than to winning. You may argue whether letting Mark go is a good or a bad move, but I'm convinced that it will be a PR fiasco for the Sox.

soxfan80
07-07-2007, 11:50 AM
The only reason I would not renew my full season plan is because I got transferred to Utah, Colorado or Alaska.

Why wouldn't I renew?

1. You can't beat fun at the ol' ballpark.
2. The Sox take care of their loyal customers.
3. It's real nice not having to worry about whether I can get good seats to the games I really want to get to see.
wha?

soxwon
07-07-2007, 12:03 PM

Listen up- If we lose Mark, KW will get another top notch pitcher.
So it will be a wash.

Im reupping no problem.

Ragator43
07-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I didn't really think about getting season seats for this year, and I should have. With what I've spent on tickets so far this year, I could have bought a full season seat.

As for '08, I'll get at least one of the 27 game packages. Hopefully the 81 if everything goes according to plan with a couple of friends I've been discussing it with.

Definitely interested in hearing about the ST holder's dinners with players too.....

Lillian
07-07-2007, 12:13 PM
While we're on the subject, would anyone be interested in splitting a full season plan?
I'd like to get two season tickets in the lower level, and I could use approximately half of them.
There may be an opportunity to lock up some pretty good seats, after the 'fair weather fans' jump off the 'band wagon'.

GoSox2K3
07-07-2007, 12:15 PM
So it will be a wash.

Im reupping no problem.

How do you figure? I'm not trying to be sarcastic - I just really find that hard to believe and would like to hear your explanation of how this is plausable.

IMO, we're not going to get any "top notch" pitcher for cheaper than we were willing to offer Mark. If Mark goes, he'll be replaced by Floyd or Gio or some other minor leaguer. Next year's rotation will probably look like on of the following:

Mark-Garland-Javy-Danks-rookie
or
Garland-Jose-Javy-Danks-rookie.

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2007, 12:33 PM
You can pry my season tickets out of my cold, dead hands.

ws05champs
07-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I have a 27 game plan and while it has been painful this year, I don't expect this team to perform as badly next year. I can't see going to much fewer than 27 games next year even if I don't renew my plan. My seats are in an almost perfect location for my preferences and I would hate to give them up. So as of right now, I am leaning to renew.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-07-2007, 01:36 PM
While we're on the subject, would anyone be interested in splitting a full season plan?
I'd like to get two season tickets in the lower level, and I could use approximately half of them.
There may be an opportunity to lock up some pretty good seats, after the 'fair weather fans' jump off the 'band wagon'.

This is a good idea. I'm already buying participating in a couple of season ticket packages by buying a number of dates from ST holders in the spring. Then during the season I pick up a few more as needed, as people find out they can't use them, or I use the WSI Ticket Exchange or the White Sox one.

soxwon
07-07-2007, 01:38 PM
How do you figure? I'm not trying to be sarcastic - I just really find that hard to believe and would like to hear your explanation of how this is plausable.

IMO, we're not going to get any "top notch" pitcher for cheaper than we were willing to offer Mark. If Mark goes, he'll be replaced by Floyd or Gio or some other minor leaguer. Next year's rotation will probably look like on of the following:

Mark-Garland-Javy-Danks-rookie
or
Garland-Jose-Javy-Danks-rookie.

kw knows he will need a superstar or 2 to keep the fannies in the seats.
atleast through the 08 rebuild season.
This means Arod-ichiro- and some top pitcher or something to this ilk.
The sox will spend money, they are not gonna sit back at allow fans to leave in throngs.
Id guarantee Arod will be here. Mark still might sign
but the players i hear from the Mets are excellent.
Im excited to dump Mark for 3 top prospects.
Unless we sign him
Its a win-win situation for us.

jabrch
07-07-2007, 02:06 PM
In fact - I have 4 fulls and then 8 27 game tickets. If good enough seats open, I might upgrade my 27s to fulls.

TomBradley72
07-07-2007, 02:28 PM
The sox will spend money, they are not gonna sit back at allow fans to leave in throngs.
Unless we sign him

What are you smoking?

If we won't sign MB with the significant discount available to us...I don't see us winning any "blockbuster" free agents out on the open market. We have zero history of going out and signing a HUGE name free agent. I don't think the WSox are cheap my any means...the payroll level this year is very competitive...but when was the last time we signed a "blockbuster" free agent? Albert Belle?

cbone
07-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I have 2 seats in 535 for the DPP. A friend and I went in at the same time so we could have 4 seats together. He takes 4 for one game and I take 4 for the other alternanting Sat. and Sun. An easrlier poster said that going every Sat and Sun was a bit difficult. This is a great altrenative to that. That be said, I'm in for the long haul, I have way too much fun at the park win or lose.

It's Dankerific
07-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I would renew my tickets, but I need flexibility going forward and cannot allow my organization to be handcuffed.

I almost fell outta my chair reading this. :cool:

soxfanreggie
07-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Dang jabrch...that's a lot of season seats. Do you have a big family or like clients to give them away to?

Also Spiffie...that was one of the funniest quotes I've heard in a while.

jabrch
07-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Dang jabrch...that's a lot of season seats. Do you have a big family or like clients to give them away to?

Also Spiffie...that was one of the funniest quotes I've heard in a while.

The 4 81 game packages are mine - I split it 3 ways. The 8 27s are also on my account, in my name, but they go to my office. I'm pushing to extend that this year to 81 instead of 27.

soxfan80
07-07-2007, 05:58 PM
So it will be a wash.

Im reupping no problem.Thedre's only one other top notch pitcher on the market, and he plays for the cubs. No chance getting him for less than buehrle wanted.

Hitmen77
07-07-2007, 06:11 PM

POTW.

You should send an e-mail to the White Sox tell them this. I'm serious!

soxwon
07-07-2007, 06:15 PM
What are you smoking?

If we won't sign MB with the significant discount available to us...I don't see us winning any "blockbuster" free agents out on the open market. We have zero history of going out and signing a HUGE name free agent. I don't think the WSox are cheap my any means...the payroll level this year is very competitive...but when was the last time we signed a "blockbuster" free agent? Albert Belle?

im seeing arod n torri hunter

It's Dankerific
07-07-2007, 06:18 PM
im seeing arod n torri hunter

please send me some of whatever you are smoking/drinking/sniffing, etc.

chisoxmike
07-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I'll probably renew. I love this team no matter what, as much as they suck and piss me off right now, come renewal time, I'll budge.

It will be nice too, I'll probably get to relocate closer to home plate after this season with people dumping their ST.

I hope they dont pull some **** saying "we're still in contention at 10 games out" and send us playoff invoices this year and tell us this is our renewal for '08, like they did last season becuase I wont be able to afford that in the next few months...

NoNeckEra
07-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm taking a practical approach. I'm currently holding 2 Full time and 2 weekend tix with full parking.
The main incentive for me is post season availability.
With that liklihood diminished for next year, I'll likely drop the full season and parking and go with a weekend package, and buy as needed.

The feedback I'm getting from around town is not pretty in terms of cancellations for next year.

This could make a dent in payroll for '08.

jabrch
07-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I hope they dont pull some **** saying "we're still in contention at 10 games out" and send us playoff invoices this year and tell us this is our renewal for '08, like they did last season becuase I wont be able to afford that in the next few months...

The odds of seeing a playoff invoice this year is very slim.

chisoxmike
07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
The odds of seeing a playoff invoice this year is very slim.

I wouldn't put it past them though...

MySoxAreClean
07-07-2007, 07:42 PM
If the person I went half with on the weekend plan package decides to bail, can i have those tickets under my name if that person who bails on me?

kitekrazy
07-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Some very valid points. Let's not forget this team has it's share of injuries.

russ99
07-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm going to wait and see.

Mostly my decision will hinge on if Jerry keeps the payroll at a decent level($80-95M) or if he goes with a complete rebuild. ($50-75M)

If management has no interest in spending to make the team better in the offseason, I don't see where I should front my cash to the Sox in January, and instead I'll just get a lesser amount of single-game tickets for next year.

Buehrle doesn't really enter into my ticket decision for next year, unless Kenny totally messes up the trade. As long as we get some substantial top minor-league or young major league players for Mark, I'll be OK with it. I'd by far prefer the Sox re-sign him, but it's looking like a slim chance for that.

DumpJerry
07-07-2007, 10:17 PM
If the person I went half with on the weekend plan package decides to bail, can i have those tickets under my name if that person who bails on me?
Check with your rep. Get a written and notarized statement from your partner stating you can have the account. I'm all of you from the Chicago area saw the news story about the two lawyers who were once best friends who are now suing each other over Bears' ST because the one whose name the account is in wants all the tickets and the other claims there is an oral agreement to share (why the lawyers, both of whom are litigators BTW, did not reduce it to writing, is a mystery to me).

A friend of mine split a weekend package with a friend. There was nothing in writing. He would write a check to his partner in March for his half of the tickets and all was fine. His partner died in his sleep one night last summer. Luckily he was able to convince the White Sox he was in on the package and the Sox transferred the account to my friend's name.

MCHSoxFan
07-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Check with your rep. Get a written and notarized statement from your partner stating you can have the account. I'm all of you from the Chicago area saw the news story about the two lawyers who were once best friends who are now suing each other over Bears' ST because the one whose name the account is in wants all the tickets and the other claims there is an oral agreement to share (why the lawyers, both of whom are litigators BTW, did not reduce it to writing, is a mystery to me).

A friend of mine split a weekend package with a friend. There was nothing in writing. He would write a check to his partner in March for his half of the tickets and all was fine. His partner died in his sleep one night last summer. Luckily he was able to convince the White Sox he was in on the package and the Sox transferred the account to my friend's name.

I am very sorry and I feel really bad about your firends friend :whiner::whiner::whiner:. I also read about those two lawyers in the Red Eye newspaper. Man, that is CRAZY. I say that because they are both lawyers. :D::D::D:

SoxRox
07-07-2007, 10:50 PM

I don't have a ST plan this year but go to appx. dozen games a year. I used to be able to enjoy a game no matter what happened but this year the Sox pumped the between-inning promo crap up to a whole new level. Some people can tune it out but I find it really distracting. Its like going to a Bulls game now. LOOK-HYPE-LOOK-SWITCH-HYPE-BUY-HYPE-LOTTO-PIZZA-CHEVY-HYPE-LOOK! It really ruins the game experience for me. I've been to a lot of ballparks from Petco to Camden Yards to Turner Field and no one pushes more promo "entertainment" in your face like the Sox do these days.

-SoxRox

JB98
07-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Unless we sign him

If we get three top prospects for Mark, I'll meet you at the park and buy you a beer.

I would be stunned if any team is willing to part with two top prospects, let alone three, to have Mark make 12-14 starts for them the rest of 2007.

This is just a rent-a-player situation, if Mark is dealt.

JB98
07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't have a ST plan this year but go to appx. dozen games a year. I used to be able to enjoy a game no matter what happened but this year the Sox pumped the between-inning promo crap up to a whole new level. Some people can tune it out but I find it really distracting. Its like going to a Bulls game now. LOOK-HYPE-LOOK-SWITCH-HYPE-BUY-HYPE-LOTTO-PIZZA-CHEVY-HYPE-LOOK! It really ruins the game experience for me. I've been to a lot of ballparks from Petco to Camden Yards to Turner Field and no one pushes more promo "entertainment" in your face like the Sox do these days.

-SoxRox

I'm thinking of mentioning this to my rep. I really don't have the energy to cheer for Illinois Lottery Ball No. 1, Ball No. 2 or Ball No. 3. I'm there to cheer for my White Sox.

Keep the Fundamentals Deck home run contest. I'm in favor of activities like that because it makes Sox fans out of our youth. The kids are the future supporters of this franchise.

Dancing fans on the dugout, Switch by the Seventh, Illinois Lottery, all that crap is nonsense and detracts from the ballpark experience, IMO.

kaufsox
07-08-2007, 12:17 AM
The 4 81 game packages are mine - I split it 3 ways. The 8 27s are also on my account, in my name, but they go to my office. I'm pushing to extend that this year to 81 instead of 27.

Are you hiring? I'll work for tickets (and parking...):D:

The Immigrant
07-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll renew my season tickets, but there are a few stipulations I will want put in place to protect my principles. For instance, I will not commit for longer than the first three months of the season. Why should I bear all the risk of a crappy team being a drain on my resources all summer? If they start tanking, I need the flexibility to move on. If the money is right, I may commit for April, May, June AND July, but I will, of course, require a significant hometown discount in order to commit to such a deal.