PDA

View Full Version : ChiSoxTony/Tony1972 Babble...

tony1972
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
See..we had quite a few new players this year and last year after we won the World Series..the 2005 team was defined by 'grinder ball' and 'grinding it out'....

Sometimes Ozzie talks fast and is difficult to understand...he told many players (at the beginning of this season).."I want you to play GRINDER BALL..there is only room for GRINDERS on this team"..

Unfortunately, they misunderstood (particularly MacDougal, Aardsma, Uribe, Cintron, etc) and they thought Ozzie asked them to play "GROANER BALL...and also he only wanted GROANERS on this team"...

I think if someone pulled the team back to the dugout and explained the 'misunderstanding'....the Sox would change their play and pull right back into the race...

Sox
07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
See..we had quite a few new players this year and last year after we won the World Series..the 2005 team was defined by 'grinder ball' and 'grinding it out'....

Sometimes Ozzie talks fast and is difficult to understand...he told many players (at the beginning of this season).."I want you to play GRINDER BALL..there is only room for GRINDERS on this team"..

Unfortunately, they misunderstood (particularly MacDougal, Aardsma, Uribe, Cintron, etc) and they thought Ozzie asked them to play "GROANER BALL...and also he only wanted GROANERS on this team"...

I think if someone pulled the team back to the dugout and explained the 'misunderstanding'....the Sox would change their play and pull right back into the race...

I'm just..........at a loss for words as how to reply to this theory of yours. Maybe nothing more needs to be said.:?:

nsolo
07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Close to the half way point of the season, I'm all "groanwed" out.

santo=dorf
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Cell, sorry, sell has some company!

getonbckthr
07-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Potentially the weakest attempt at comedy ever. I will say though welcome to WSI Dane Cook.

GlassSox
07-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Huh? :?:

chisox14
07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Hopefully floyd can ignite a fire under the team, similar to what Liriano did last year for the Twins. Let's just hope he doesn't throw his elbow out too.

kninchicago
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
:(:

hi im skot
07-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Weak.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-07-2007, 01:05 AM
I nominate this for worst thread ever. If I put up the "This thread sucks" tag and the puking tag, it still wouldn't describe how terrible this was. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read that. I award you zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Cuck_The_Fubs
07-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh, c'mon guys. We're all pissed about this season, and tony (not that friggin tiger) is just trying to cheer us up. This is one of the more believable theories, only because we dont even know what the hell happened to this "ballclub".

johnnyg83
07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Take it easy. The guy tried some levity ... you don't like it? Fair enough. Don't lambast the guy for trying.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I guess my post was a little harsh, but for those of you that don't get it, the last part of it is a line from Billy Madison. I mean I still think it was not at all funny, but sorry if it seemed like I was being a prick.

DumpJerry
07-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I see Kelly has gotten to Tony's computer again......

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2007, 02:43 PM
:hawk

"I tell you what feisty, this is one waste of Internest bandwidth right here. Mercy!"