PDA

View Full Version : ESPN shut out of All-Star Game

SoxFan78
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Now if only they would be shut out of the Home Run Derby...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3icec89c18d5ef8ec5715e49aead680dfa

Fenway
07-06-2007, 04:57 PM
THIS IS INSANITY

ESPN used an AP report and it was AFTER the selection show

MLB is nuts

eriqjaffe
07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Baseball executives told ESPN that it must pare its broadcast efforts from AT&T Park in San Francisco, where the All-Star Game is being held. So, most coverage will be done out of ESPN's headquarters in Bristol, Conn., rather than having "Baseball Tonight" and a portion of "SportsCenter" originate from California as planned.They didn't really want to have to leave Bristol in the first place, so it works out just as well.

Kogs35
07-06-2007, 06:47 PM
THIS IS INSANITY

ESPN used an AP report and it was AFTER the selection show

MLB is nuts

fenway mlb isnt nuts, there just protecting the rights holder to the selection show that belong to tbs. espn should not have scheduled a sportscenter specal.

Fenway
07-06-2007, 07:04 PM
fenway mlb isnt nuts, there just protecting the rights holder to the selection show that belong to tbs. espn should not have scheduled a sportscenter specal.

Issue here is once AP released the rosters every media outlet had it. TBS still broke it first.

beckett21
07-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Can they just fire Chris Berman and call it even?

MarySwiss
07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
:yup:

VenturaFan23
07-06-2007, 11:39 PM

A solution presents itself!

Frontman
07-07-2007, 12:02 AM

Berman, Steven A Smith, and get someone with a bit of personality to host "Sportscenter" even for one night of the week, and you got yourself a deal.

thomas35forever
07-07-2007, 12:39 AM
"Oh no!" What a disgrace to sportscasting that would be!

skobabe8
07-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Issue here is once AP released the rosters every media outlet had it. TBS still broke it first.

But it sounded as if the agreement was that ESPN couldnt report it until after the TBS show was completely over. They broke that agreement.

Frontman
07-07-2007, 09:26 AM
But it sounded as if the agreement was that ESPN couldnt report it until after the TBS show was completely over. They broke that agreement.

Which was a piss poor move to do, in my opinion. They've got 24 hours a day programming, why break the agreement that was pretty simple to do?

Sox
07-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Berman, Steven A Smith, and get someone with a bit of personality to host "Sportscenter" even for one night of the week, and you got yourself a deal.

It would be worth it if they got rid of Tony Cornheiser too. I hate listening to that guy whether it's on PTI or MNF.

Fenway
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Which was a piss poor move to do, in my opinion. They've got 24 hours a day programming, why break the agreement that was pretty simple to do?

As NESN's senior producer told me last night.....if MLB is stupid enough to send out a press release with the rosters before the show ended then ESPN had every right to announce the info.

TomParrish79
07-07-2007, 11:23 AM
if we are firing people. can we please get rid of that guy on ESPNews that says DOMINICANO!!! and rolls his R's whenever calling the action of a dominican player?

that guy really gets on my nerves

Frontman
07-07-2007, 11:52 AM
As NESN's senior producer told me last night.....if MLB is stupid enough to send out a press release with the rosters before the show ended then ESPN had every right to announce the info.

That is true. If MLB released the press release, hard to call it back. But if ESPN got the information from the Turner broadcast itself and didn't wait until the show ended/the press release was actually released? Bad move on ESPN's part.

TwinKess
07-09-2007, 09:36 AM
The story says ESPN got it from the AP report.