PDA

View Full Version : Kipper in Gotham this afternoon...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 12:31 PM
...ought to be soiling his pants any minute now.

:kipper
"With so many ex-Sox on the Pirates, it's like I never left!"

:gulp:

Kilroy
04-03-2002, 01:24 PM
So far, Wells has given up an rbi single to Alfonzo, and a homer to Big Mo. 2-1 Mets in thru the third.

Paulwny
04-03-2002, 01:31 PM
I'm watching the game. Mets ahead 2-1 end of 3. Wells having trouble getting the curve ball over and pitching from behind to most of the batters. Mo Vaughn went deep for 300th hr.
Mets announced they picked up M. Christianson whom the Dodgers waived.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
So far, Wells has given up an rbi single to Alfonzo, and a homer to Big Mo. 2-1 Mets in thru the third.

Is there anything more pathetic than watching Kip take an at-bat with runners on base? He makes even Steve Trachsel look like a big league pitcher.

I REALLY HATE National League baseball.

THE_HOOTER
04-03-2002, 01:59 PM
Through 5 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs and 77pitches.

Not too bad, better than Ritchie as a matter of fact.

This trade will be looked at as the dagger at the end of the season.

Way to go Kenny. :whiner:

cheeses_h_rice
04-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER

Based on 5 innings of work?

baggio202
04-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

others had him soiling his pants based on zero innings of work :o:

Kilroy
04-03-2002, 02:19 PM

If Royce can be written off after 2 games, the Wells/Ritche trade can be declared a failure after 5 innings. Makes sense...

Soxboyrob
04-03-2002, 02:20 PM

Puhlease. Give it a little more time. Ritchie looked great last night. He had control. He had command. He gave up 3 runs but that should have clearly been only one run. Sandy's pathetic throw into left field cost them the other runs. Alomar had that runner dead in the water at third w/ any kind of decent throw.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
others had him soiling his pants based on zero innings of work :o:

Wrong. I have him soiling his pants based on his entire 3-year major league career.

I never compared him to Ritchie. It's way too early for that. It's also too early to talk about benching Clayton. However, it's not too early to start wondering about Manuel's fitness to manage this team.

cheeses_h_rice
04-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

If Royce can be written off after 2 games, the Wells/Ritche trade can be declared a failure after 5 innings. Makes sense...

:roidduck

QUACK!

kermittheefrog
04-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Well if you go by the assumption that Clayton shouldn't have his job in the first place it's never too early to say he should be benched.

As for Kip/Ritchie. Well based on their respective starts Kip may have allowed a run fewer but Ritchie looked more impressive. Kip was behidn in the count all day and got away with some hangers. He didn't have anything he could consistently throw for strikes. He got a little lucky in that outting.

voodoochile
04-03-2002, 02:28 PM

Way to go Kenny.

The day Kip can show control, experience and raw power as Ritchie did last night people can bitch. Until then, it isn't even close to being a contest. Kip has never once looked as good as Ritchie did last night.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Well if you go by the assumption that Clayton shouldn't have his job in the first place it's never too early to say he should be benched.

Which is precisely my point about questioning Manuel's fitness to manage. These are his (and KW's) personnel decisions and the ongoing issues are more than just a few days old. When do we start holding the front office responsible?

:reinsy
"I've already made up my mind. It's YOUR fault."

FarWestChicago
04-03-2002, 02:35 PM

Way to go Kenny. :whiner: :whoflungpoo

THE_HOOTER
04-03-2002, 02:49 PM
The position our bullpen is in right now is a result of that trade. That is why i am bitching.

is Ritchie that much better than Wells that we needed to trade away two bullpen guys who would look a heck of a lot better than Howry/Marte/Porzio/Glover.

I think Glover will come around, but as for the rest I see little hope.

Marte has good movement and velocity, but it doesn't mean crap if you can't throw strikes.

Howry seems to be done; although you never know.

Prozio has no business being here, and Glover needs time to get his mechanics adjusted.

I just don't feel Ritchie is that much better than Wells that we had to give up our middle reliever and potential setup guy.

I don't think I am jumping the gun- that bullpen looks like Cub bullpen.

As for Clayton, sometimes you have to cut your loses. He apparantly hits only when it doesn't count. Crede looked awfully good in ST.

As for the falling poo, I have my wiffle bat ready.

FarWestChicago
04-03-2002, 03:24 PM
As for the falling poo, I have my wiffle bat ready. Now that could get messy! :D:

duke of dorwood
04-03-2002, 03:47 PM
KIP WINS

Cheryl
04-03-2002, 03:49 PM

:roidduck

QUACK!

It that what those Celebriducks really look like? Aren't the children of the northwest suburbs being scarred for life?

HawkDJ
04-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Kodak Moment...
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020403/capt.1017869234pirates_mets_xnyr403.jpg