PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Gooch Hits Well 7-5 Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
07-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Great game by our second baseman. No cycle, but a win's a win.

Viva Medias B's
07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
:winner

If only Tadahito got that single...but we'll take the win!!!

:bandance:

Railsplitter
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, he did get to first.:wink:

We win, and see dancing fruit.:bandance:

Railsplitter
07-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Does a walk make it 87.5% of a cycle.

:gulp::bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
07-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Good offensive night.

Georgey3085
07-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Only 3 games back of the Yankees for the Wild Card!!!! :bandance:

slobes
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah baby. Keeps it rolling. Very solid game all around.

DickAllen72
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Now let's sweep those Twins! :gulp:

TomParrish79
07-05-2007, 10:11 PM
good hitting and another good job by Danks

JB98
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
This win was reminiscent of last season: A slugfest.

Danks pitched better than his line indicates.

LongLiveFisk
07-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Nice win after a total crap game last night. I think I would've wanted my money back if I was there.

Now if they could just keep it going....

hose
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
good to see the bats warm up:bandance:

Bucky F. Dent
07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Gotta keep it going now. Twins are next.

IMHO, this next series is our last chance to make something of this season.

Georgey3085
07-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Gotta keep it going now. Twins are next.

IMHO, this next series is our last chance to make something of this season.

Only way that there would be any shot to make this any sort of a season would be if we swept them. Slim to none, well at least Santana isn't pitching.

DrewSox56
07-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Only way that there would be any shot to make this any sort of a season would be if we swept them. Slim to none, well at least Santana isn't pitching.

And hopefully Contreras won't be either. :cool:

itsnotrequired
07-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Does a walk make for an abbreviated cycle?

Sig update time...

Frontman
07-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I've never been so annoyed with a free pass in my life....

Good job Iguchi! Now, let's break the trend of putting up big numbers just to do zip the next day. Let's get two from the Twinkies tomorrow, and chant for Buehrle on Saturday!

GO GO WHITE SOX!!! (Man, I need to make some form of a snazzy pic for that.)

Georgey3085
07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
amen to that

Fungo
07-05-2007, 11:17 PM
WOW, A Nick Masset sighting.

Brian26
07-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Danks pitched better than his line indicates.

I agree. Five runs over 6.1 doesn't look too good, but he pitched well. That Patterson HR ruins his line.

aryzner
07-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Just got back from the game myself. Man people really wanted that single from Tadahito. The boos were quite loud after he walked in that last at-bat. Man I wish he had gotten that last hit.

soltrain21
07-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Just got back from the game myself. Man people really wanted that single from Tadahito. The boos were quite loud after he walked in that last at-bat. Man I wish he had gotten that last hit.

I was more annoyed with the wave that was happening before his AB.

aryzner
07-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I was more annoyed with the wave that was happening before his AB.
Agreed. That was pretty lame. I was in the upper deck and I didn't see it happening as much up there. (But I also wasn't really paying much attention to that crap and paying more attention to the actual game.)

DumpJerry
07-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Only 3 games back of the Yankees for the Wild Card!!!! :bandance:
:tealtutor:
Hopefully my eyes will recover in time to watch it happen.

Foulke You
07-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm happy we won tonight but all game I kept thinking about the one that got away on Monday. We would have had 3 concecutive series victories and maybe even some faint hope that we can have a strong 2nd half. Monday was one we needed to have to keep some hope alive.

Oh well, nice win anyway. I agree that Danks pitched better than his line indicated. What is the deal with Patterson when he plays us anyway? Patterson's numbers this year are downright Jerry Owens-esque but he played like an all star vs us in this series.:dunno:

Now, let's beat the damn Twinkees. That Metrodome sweep is what got us on this downward spiral. Let's return the favor.

Bucky F. Dent
07-06-2007, 07:09 AM

I don't disagree. But if we sweep them, there's still a chance.

mccoydp
07-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Nice win last night! Where were the bats the night before?

This would have been an even better outing from Danks if it weren't for Corey ****ing Patterson and his HR.

I had to watch the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) feed for the past four games, and the announcers were pretty funny, especially in Iguchi's last at bat. They implied that the boos from the crowd weren't warranted against John Parrish [Orioles' pitcher] because he just wasn't very good, and couldn't pitch strikes. They seem to acknowledge that the Orioles are pretty bad.

Cellview22
07-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Nice to get a win last night.

I had been told that Thursday night's game was a sell out, so I didn't even try to get tickets since I prefer smaller crowds where you can stretch out an move around. Then this morning, I see that attendance was 30K :dunno:
Were there really 7-9K empty seats, or was it packed and they didn't count 9000 comp tickets? Anyone have any info on this?

itsnotrequired
07-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Nice to get a win last night.

I had been told that Thursday night's game was a sell out, so I didn't even try to get tickets since I prefer smaller crowds where you can stretch out an move around. Then this morning, I see that attendance was 30K :dunno:
Were there really 7-9K empty seats, or was it packed and they didn't count 9000 comp tickets? Anyone have any info on this?

Last night was a season ticket holder "exchange date". Holders can turn in unused season tickets for games already played for "best available" Upper Deck comp tickets. Comp tickets don't count toward attendance hence the inability to buy tickets from the box office yet low announced attendance. There were probably 35k or so actual butts in seats last night.

As for empty seats, I know I had 9 comps that went unused. I'm sure others had some as well.

eriqjaffe
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
What is the deal with Patterson when he plays us anyway?Yeah, like the time in 2005 when he closed his glove too soon and turned a diving catch in the outfield into a two-run single? ;)

SBSoxFan
07-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Gooch just loves batting second doesn't he? :D:

Isn't it amazing how well things go when you hit to the opposite field?

GlassSox
07-06-2007, 09:18 AM
What a great game for the Gooch and the Sox. Being there for that one took away some of the pain from being there on the 4th.

The fans were really into wanting Tadahito to hit for the cycle but he kept his head and took the walk. It looked like the pitcher all of a sudden was all over the place.

For the early posts about a sellout, there were many empty seats as attendance was like > 30k.

My only negative from last night was the wave! :angry:

slavko
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
What a great game for the Gooch and the Sox. Being there for that one took away some of the pain from being there on the 4th.

The fans were really into wanting Tadahito to hit for the cycle but he kept his head and took the walk. It looked like the pitcher all of a sudden was all over the place.

I noticed in my AM paper that Ozzie had told him if he got any kind of hit, touch first base and walk off the field (it was a blowout.) Similarly, J Valentin could have had a second cycle in 2000 if when he needed a triple late in a blowout win and hit a homer instead(fact), he had touched third and headed for the dugout. Except Manuel probably would have fined him and sat him for a week.

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
At Wednesday's game, it seemed like there was a huge Iguchi fan club there nearby Section 149 (this one guy got a large amount of people to shout "Tadahito!" a bunch of times whenever he was up to bat); perhaps this was his way of answering back!

It's about time Danks gets run support. That's more run support than he got in the first month and a half! Hopefully we can open a can of whoop-ass on those Twins now. It's awesome that we're missing Santana this time.

itsnotrequired
07-06-2007, 10:18 AM
At Wednesday's game, it seemed like there was a huge Iguchi fan club there nearby Section 149 (this one guy got a large amount of people to shout "Tadahito!" a bunch of times whenever he was up to bat); perhaps this was his way of answering back!

I heard that all the way over in 520 and wondered what the heck was going on.

GlassSox
07-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I heard that all the way over in 520 and wondered what the heck was going on.

We heard it 115 and joined in. This is not the 1st time that this has happened and we love it! :cool:

Brian26
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I noticed in my AM paper that Ozzie had told him if he got any kind of hit, touch first base and walk off the field (it was a blowout.) Similarly, J Valentin could have had a second cycle in 2000 if when he needed a triple late in a blowout win and hit a homer instead(fact), he had touched third and headed for the dugout. Except Manuel probably would have fined him and sat him for a week.

That's absolutey insane if Ozzie said that. The cycle is the most meaningless achievement that people recognize and keep track of. Notwithstanding the fact that it's meaningless, it's also a completely selfish stat. This seems to go against Ozzie's entire philosophy and mindset about team baseball too. Even in a blowout, a guy looks like an absolute tool if he stops at first on a sure-double or would walk off the field to ensure a triple if he hit a homer.

ilsox7
07-06-2007, 11:03 AM
That's absolutey insane if Ozzie said that. The cycle is the most meaningless achievement that people recognize and keep track. Notwithstanding the fact that it's meaningless, it's also a completely selfish stat. This seems to go against Ozzie's entire philosophy and mindset about team baseball too. Even in a blowout, a guy looks like an absolute tool if he stops at first on a sure-double or would walk off the field to ensure a triple if he hit a homer.

Ozzie was totally joking around when he said that.

Brian26
07-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Ozzie was totally joking around when he said that.

Good. I know Ozzie is crazy, but I didn't think he was that crazy.

downstairs
07-06-2007, 11:46 AM

Not to be snarky, but how does sweeping a 3rd place, 3-game-over-500 team help us make the playoffs?

It certainly may bring us closer to 3rd place, for whatever that helps.

wassagstdu
07-06-2007, 11:59 AM
The Sox played with more energy than I have seen for a while (almost exactly 1 year). Especially Dye, Uribe, and Iguchi looked revitalized, both at the plate, and even more obviously, in the field. Something good happen before the game? Buehrle looked pretty happy too.

Bucky F. Dent
07-06-2007, 10:04 PM

Well, eighteen innings and thirty two runs later, that statement seems positively ridiculous