PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Postgame Thread 7/4

Grzegorz
07-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I am flabbergasted; Contreras just flat out pitched badly.

This is bad baseball...

palehozenychicty
07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Is this the de facto postgame thread? As if we needed to comment about this game much.

Jurr
07-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I honestly felt that if the Sox went on a serious hot streak from yesterday to the all star break, they would possibly have done enough to keep the nucleus intact.

This effort displays how far from able they really are. This team has really given up.

SOXandILLINI
07-04-2007, 10:23 PM
This is the 1st game I've been out to in over a month, this team really stinks, I mean they're terrible. They play with zero emotion, and are fundamentally laughable. I guess none of this falls on Ozzie? I understand the players take the bulk of the blame, but that is always the case, fire him now, or to save face ask him to resign. Ozzie is Bob Brenly jr.

voodoochile
07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Is this the de facto postgame thread? As if we needed to comment about this game much.

If you don't see one, feel free to start one. Unlike the gameday threads which are limited to Mods to start, postgame threads can be started by anyone.

Oh, and obviously, this game sucked. I didn't get to see it or even follow it, doesn't look like I missed much.

SOXandILLINI
07-04-2007, 10:33 PM
If you don't see one, feel free to start one. Unlike the gameday threads which are limited to Mods to start, postgame threads can be started by anyone.

Oh, and obviously, this game sucked. I didn't get to see it or even follow it, doesn't look like I missed much.

You missed a nice fireworks display... :cool:

itsnotrequired
07-04-2007, 10:48 PM
You missed a nice fireworks display... :cool:

We walked out Gate 3 and the view to the west was amazing. The whole city was blowing up. Made me forget the garbage that I spent about 4 hours watching.

Sig update time...

jdm2662
07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, tonight's game wasn't a total loss. I proposed to my gf in section 157 in our seats. She said yes. Our first date was one year ago to this day at the ballpark. See, the White Sox are good for something...

spiffie
07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, tonight's game wasn't a total loss. I proposed to my gf in section 157 in our seats. She said yes. Our first date was one year ago to this day at the ballpark. See, the White Sox are good for something...
Was the jumbotron involved?

Hendu
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
What happened to Jose's velocity? I don't know how much we'd get in a trade for him with the way he's been pitching lately.

ChiSoxGirl
07-04-2007, 11:04 PM

I really am SO happy for you!!!! Congratulations again! :D:

Hendu
07-04-2007, 11:04 PM

Congratulations!!!

Viva Medias B's
07-04-2007, 11:05 PM
What happened to Jose's velocity? I don't know how much we'd get in a trade for him with the way he's been pitching lately.

It just wasn't there. Regardless of how the Buehrle situation winds up, I think we need to get rid of Contreras. Get what we can for him, whatever little that may be.

southside rocks
07-04-2007, 11:07 PM

Congrats! :D:

I attended the Windy City Thunderbolts game at Hawk Ford Field in Crestwood.

The Bolts, who are in first place in the Frontier League by a comfortable margin, beat the River City Rascals 8-5. My friends and I sat right behind the Bolts dugout, and paid $8 (each) for the seats. That was on top of the $2 parking fee, so we had plenty of money left for $3 beers.

After the win, which the bullpen did not blow, there was a super fireworks display, with music. The ballplayers lay in the infield grass with beers and watched the fireworks with the 1570 fans.

It was a truly enjoyable evening.

I understand the Sox lost? Forgive me my lack of surprise at that news.

jdm2662
07-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Was the jumbotron involved?

Nah, we sat down in our seats around 5:05. Not too many people were around. I got tired of my leg hurting hauling the big ass case around. I pulled it out, presented the ring, asked her the question, and told her to please put the case in your purse. It's hurting my leg!

Patrick134
07-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Aardsma just optioned to AAA.

Brian26
07-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Congrats! :D:

The Bolts, who are in first place in the Frontier League by a comfortable margin, beat the River City Rascals 8-5. My friends and I sat right behind the Bolts dugout, and paid $8 (each) for the seats. That was on top of the $2 parking fee, so we had plenty of money left for $3 beers.

After the win, which the bullpen did not blow, there was a super fireworks display, with music. The ballplayers lay in the infield grass with beers and watched the fireworks with the 1570 fans.

Minor league baseball has its supporters, but I wouldn't trade going to a White Sox game for anything, even when they lose. Major league baseball beats everything else.

fusillirob1983
07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
A couple questions:

1.) What is Contreras' trade value at this point?

2.) Is this really the post game thread after a loss?

Patrick134
07-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Minor league baseball has its supporters, but I wouldn't trade going to a White Sox game for anything, even when they lose. Major league baseball beats everything else.

Right, minor league games can be fun, but it's nothing like the bigs.

Brian26
07-04-2007, 11:15 PM
AAardsma just optioned to AAA.

Fixed it for you. :D:

SoxandtheCityTee
07-04-2007, 11:25 PM

Now see, this is cool. I was at the game and am glad to hear it was a fun night for someone! Best wishes to you both.

Viva Medias B's
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM

Windy City isn't even minor league, per se. It's independent league baseball, and I happen to find college baseball more interesting thatn indy league teams like Windy City, Schaumburg, etc. I'll take a Sox game, no matter how bad we are, over a T-Bolts game every time.

gobears1987
07-04-2007, 11:39 PM
At least the fireworks were good. That's the only reason I stayed for the duration of the disaster.

It was nice to see Mackowiak go deep in the 9th too.

gobears1987
07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
One funny thing about the game was the beer vendor in 118 was selling "pain killers."

Brian26
07-04-2007, 11:45 PM
It was nice to see Mackowiak go deep in the 9th too.

I've always liked Mackowiak, but that's a quintessential garbage time homer.

If you think about it, Mackowiak's most notable hit for the Sox probably came when he was playing for the Pirates.

JB98
07-04-2007, 11:46 PM
A couple questions:

A couple answers:

1.) Not much. KW should dump him now and take whatever he can get. Father Time is knocking on Jose's door, and it's not going to get any better soon. The stuff Contreras is featuring now will not consistently get big-league hitters out.

2.) Yes. This was a hideous game, one of the worst of the year. But people have resigned themselves to the fact that the Sox suck, and it isn't worth getting worked up over any longer.

JB98
07-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I've always liked Mackowiak, but that's a quintessential garbage time homer.

If you think about it, Mackowiak's most notable hit for the Sox probably came when he was playing for the Pirates.

He had a big HR off Huston Street last season.

DumpJerry
07-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I would be nervous if the Sox were to play Pawtucket right now.

Vernam
07-04-2007, 11:55 PM
I've always liked Mackowiak, but that's a quintessential garbage time homer. Where's Shoota when we need him? :wink: Besides, aren't they all garbage time homers at this point?!

The O's first scoring inning was revolting. I'd be hard-pressed to remember any major league team that was so defenseless against the bunt and the steal, between Contreras and Hall. Seeing Jose flip his glove into the stands pretty much sums up the whole season.

Vernam

JB98
07-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Where's Shoota when we need him? :wink: Besides, aren't they all garbage time homers at this point?!

The O's first scoring inning was revolting. I'd be hard-pressed to remember any major league team that was so defenseless against the bunt and the steal, between Contreras and Hall. Seeing Jose flip his glove into the stands pretty much sums up the whole season.

Vernam

Speaking of which, Hall is helpless out there. The injury killed his season. He's not going to play any more than twice a week as long as AJ is healthy. As a result, he won't get his swing back. And he's terrible defensively. Either put him on the DL or DFA.

oeo
07-05-2007, 12:02 AM
A couple questions:

1. Who cares? I'd rather we get something for him while we can...as long as they pay the contract, give him away and let a youngster pitch.

His fastball isn't even getting up to 90, so I'd imagine it's pretty low. I'd like to just unload him, though.

Brian26
07-05-2007, 12:07 AM
He had a big HR off Huston Street last season.

Good call, you're correct. A shot into the bullpen sports bar late in the game.

I group that in there with Cintron's late-inning homer against Detroit in early June of '06. Both were big hits at the time.

oeo
07-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Good call, you're correct. A shot into the bullpen sports bar late in the game.

I group that in there with Cintron's late-inning homer against Detroit in early June of '06. Both were big hits at the time.

Both Cintron and Mackowiak are definitely struggling this year, but who isn't? They're not this bad...and another example of Sox fans and their, "What have you done for me lately?"

Grzegorz
07-05-2007, 04:46 AM
The O's first scoring inning was revolting. I'd be hard-pressed to remember any major league team that was so defenseless against the bunt and the steal, between Contreras and Hall.

I'd add this adjective: embarrassing.

This is what gets me about Guillen; why run out an ineffective catcher? Toby Hall is a defensive liability. Isn't there a catcher in the minors that can give AJ a break? I am talking about a one dimensional player here; one that excels defensively.

Any offense from this catcher would be an unexpected bonus. As for Contreras, he should miss a few starts and get healthy. Then, he should be dealt.

At this point, both Dye & Contreras, the player I'd choose to trade have little to no trade value.

I just hope there is some spark left in the second half in order to stay competitive. Otherwise, well I do not want to think about it...

QCIASOXFAN
07-05-2007, 05:04 AM
I assume we lost tonight by all the posts (havent looked at the score yet) as I left when we were down 4-2. This sucks and I'm drunk.:(:

Parrothead
07-05-2007, 06:44 AM

You are right not a total loss. Just 1/2, when the divorce comes.

Be there today. Thristy Thursday. Can't beat $1 beers.:gulp:

The only thing better about going to Sox is that the Stadium is bigger and there are more people. The Frontier league play is about equal to high Single A. Sure they are not affilated with anyone but players get picked up by all teams. Check the website http://www.frontierleague.com/index.php. Going to the bolts or any minor league game is much cheaper, the players / owners / GM are accessable and nicer. Right now the T-bolts are 33 - 8. The best record in all baseball. Oddly, the fireworks the T-Bolts have on Saturday are better than the Sox in my opinion. Every one for the Sox is the same they have different ones.

soxfanatlanta
07-05-2007, 06:45 AM

Very classy.

DumpJerry
07-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Speaking of which, Hall is helpless out there. The injury killed his season. He's not going to play any more than twice a week as long as AJ is healthy. As a result, he won't get his swing back. And he's terrible defensively. Either put him on the DL or DFA.

This is what gets me about Guillen; why run out an ineffective catcher? Toby Hall is a defensive liability. Isn't there a catcher in the minors that can give AJ a break? I am talking about a one dimensional player here; one that excels defensively.

Any offense from this catcher would be an unexpected bonus. As for Contreras, he should miss a few starts and get healthy. Then, he should be dealt.
I love how everyone wants to dump Hall as if Johnny Bench is available to become the Sox' backup catcher. Hall was brought back early from his injury because there is nobody out there for the backup role. Remember Molina? You want him instead?

SOXandILLINI
07-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Both Cintron and Mackowiak are definitely struggling this year, but who isn't? They're not this bad...and another example of Sox fans and their, "What have you done for me lately?"

People making millions upon millions of dollars shouldn't be expected to earn it? As i have stated before, you let me know when the honeymoon is over. Is that day circled on your calendar yet? Just curious, how much longer does lately mean? This team stinks, they are not even competitve.

SOXandILLINI
07-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I love how everyone wants to dump Hall as if Johnny Bench is available to become the Sox' backup catcher. Hall was brought back early from his injury because there is nobody out there for the backup role. Remember Molina? You want him instead?

To answer the question directly, damn right, i would rather have Molina, because at least he had a chance of throwing somebody out.

MsSoxVixen22
07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Another piss poor performance by a team that seems like they'd rather be somewhere else. Hey Kenny, if we trade Contreras it might free up some money and then you can sign Buehrle! I really hope the Twinkies don't sweep us when they come to town..:(:

On a side note..when does football start?

GlassSox
07-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Congratulations and good luck for you both in the future!

SOXandILLINI
07-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Another piss poor performance by a team that seems like they'd rather be somewhere else. Hey Kenny, if we trade Contreras it might free up some money and then you can sign Buehrle! I really hope the Twinkies don't sweep us when they come to town..:(:

On a side note..when does football start?

The Illini open up in St. Louis on Sept. 1 against Mizzou... Zook is the man, finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel... :D:

GlassSox
07-05-2007, 08:13 AM
One funny thing about the game was the beer vendor in 118 was selling "pain killers."

Absolutely, he was selling them in 115 also. I needed them! :angry:

GlassSox
07-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Let's see: A starting pitcher who couldn't pitch. Relief pithcers who couldn't pitch. Two pitchers who couldn't throw to 1st base. A catcher who couldn't throw to 1st or 2nd. A third baseman who still can't get the ball out of his glove and throw it. Many left stranded on the bases.

I'm sure I missed something about why we didn't win but we did stay for the fire works and I was glad they worked! Then we got stuck in the red line for a while. All in all a wonderful evening, thank god for fire works.

nsolo
07-05-2007, 08:21 AM

I like the guy, and yet, never meet him! Use cautions, though. His brand of pain killers have been known to have a reverse effect the following morning.:gulp:

Brian26
07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
The only thing better about going to Sox is that the Stadium is bigger and there are more people. The Frontier league play is about equal to high Single A. Sure they are not affilated with anyone but players get picked up by all teams. Check the website http://www.frontierleague.com/index.php. Going to the bolts or any minor league game is much cheaper, the players / owners / GM are accessable and nicer. Right now the T-bolts are 33 - 8. The best record in all baseball. Oddly, the fireworks the T-Bolts have on Saturday are better than the Sox in my opinion. Every one for the Sox is the same they have different ones.

It's minor league baseball. Baseball is always fun, and I'm glad it's a cheap excursion for some families, but are you going to tell your grandkids 30 years from now about going to a Windy City Thunderbolts game? Chances are that the team won't even still exist, and you won't remember one player you saw. Nothing beats the history, tradition, and aura of major league baseball.

Brian26
07-05-2007, 08:50 AM

No, Cintron is bad. He's very bad. Offensively he's atrocious, and defensively his throwing arm is as weak as anyone I've ever seen at SS.

southside rocks
07-05-2007, 08:58 AM
It's minor league baseball. Baseball is always fun, and I'm glad it's a cheap excursion for some families, but are you going to tell your grandkids 30 years from now about going to a Windy City Thunderbolts game? Chances are that the team won't even still exist, and you won't remember one player you saw. Nothing beats the history, tradition, and aura of major league baseball.

We have very different opinions on this, I guess.

I don't go to Bolts games instead of going to Sox games; I go because I love to see baseball played in all sorts of venues. I'm not going to pass up a good baseball game because it doesn't have the MLB logo on it.

Yes, in years to come I will definitely recall, with nostalgia, the Windy City Thunderbolts in their little neighborhood stadium, and the catcher who comes all the way from Hawaii to play baseball in Chicago in the summers. Since a lot of the players live with local families throughout the seasons, I think they might be making some memories on both sides.

And just from reading this postgame thread, I'm not so sure that the "aura" at the Cell last night was so great! My next-door neighbors were there, and they were pretty disgusted when I saw them this morning. :?:

roadrunner
07-05-2007, 09:00 AM

This might be the lamest comment I've seen on this board.

SBSoxFan
07-05-2007, 10:30 AM

In retrospect, Hall not having surgery may be another poor decision in a year full of poor decisions. If he doesn't have the surgery, he'll be a defensive liability, if he has the surgery this offseason, he'll be lost to the Sox for the last year of his contract.

Although I didn't see the game, when I saw how Baltimore scored their first runs I thought it was just another example of how disruptive speed can be. You get two fast guys who can bunt, a pitcher who doesn't field well, and a catcher who can't throw. Bingo, 4 runs. Contrast this with the Sox who got a two-out single and couldn't score Konerko from second base.

In general, how many pitchers field well enough and how many catchers throw well enough that they shouldn't be tested a few times each game? However, when's the last time a Sox hitter tried to bunt for a hit? Has Pods tried one this year? That's the only time he can bunt, because he's sure bad at it when he tries to sacrifice bunt. Without speed, you lose the ability to expose a major weakness that most MLB teams have.

SBSoxFan
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
This might be the lamest comment I've seen on this board.

Actually, I think this might be:

kobo
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Congratulations!!! That is so awesome and I am really happy for you! We need to meet up some time and grab a couple drinks.

SoxSpeed22
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
So we can all agree that the only good thing to come out of this game was jdm2662 getting engaged, other than that, nothing. Contreras was no good, the bullpen was crap again, the offense couldn't hit a rookie and Ozzie is trotting out this lineup that can't amount to anything. There are few comments because we just don't care anymore.

JB98
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM

No. Bring up Wiki Gonzalez. He has big-league experience, and he won't embarrass himself defensively the way Hall is embarrassing himself right now.

I don't believe Hall is healthy. I don't recall him being this bad when he was with Tampa Bay. We are out of it. He is not helping the team. He should go on the DL and get ready to start over next year.

wassagstdu
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
It's minor league baseball. ... are you going to tell your grandkids 30 years from now about going to a Windy City Thunderbolts game? Chances are that the team won't even still exist, and you won't remember one player you saw. Nothing beats the history, tradition, and aura of major league baseball.
I have watched Carlos Beltran, Johnny Damon, and Mike Sweeney play for the Wilmington Blue Rocks (Royals A-ball) and Magglio Ordonez played for the Winston-Salem Warthogs in the Carolina League championship in Wilmington a "couple" of years back. Overall the quality is clearly below AAA (but a notch above this year's Sox), but I have seen some great plays and that Carolina League Championship game was one of the best games I have seen at any level.

hawkjt
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
well, they do not have Jose scheduled to pitch for 11 days now.. hopefully that will bring some heat back to his fastball and he goes out with a couple of good outings so his trade value will be out of the basement..

after mondays game ,I thought it could not much worse but last nite was so bad that we left after the bottom of the 8th out of sheer disgust.. and yes the chicagoland skyline was blowing up, it seemed..

yes, we will be back tonite,friday,sat ect.. cuz we are addicted to sox baseball but it does test your love when you sit thru a sloppy exhibition like last nite..

Is Josh Fields going to good enough defensively to be our 3rd baseman of the future? I like the kid but he has to at least make all the routine plays while his range is somewhat limited... spoiled by Joe, I guess..

Thome_Fan
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Last night was my first game of the year because we live down by Peoria, about three hours away. I got so psyched during the second inning. Obviously, it didn't last long...

Brian26
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't go to Bolts games instead of going to Sox games; I go because I love to see baseball played in all sorts of venues.

I can appreciate that. As long as you're not claiming minor league baseball is a better experience than going to a White Sox game.

My next-door neighbors were there, and they were pretty disgusted when I saw them this morning. :?:

I think everyone's disgusted at the way the season is unfolding.

oeo
07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
No, Cintron is bad. He's very bad. Offensively he's atrocious, and defensively his throwing arm is as weak as anyone I've ever seen at SS.

Cintron is a career .277 hitter. And remember, he had surgery on the arm over the offseason...so it's either a matter of him losing it totally, or just getting it out of his head that he's going to injure it again.

At the same time, you defend Juan Uribe who can't hit worth **** most of the time. Cintron is a proven hitter...and although he's struggled this year, that doesn't mean he's 'atrocious.'

southside rocks
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I can appreciate that. As long as you're not claiming minor league baseball is a better experience than going to a White Sox game.

In general? No. Last night? H'mmm ... maybe. :o:

Truthfully, I am very glad that I didn't buy a larger season ticket package this year than my Ozzie Plan. I considered doing a 27-game plan, but decided not to, and the way they have played in the first half of the season does not make me want to go to more games. I will renew my season tickets next year, but I absolutely do want -- and expect -- to see better baseball from this team in 2008. It would be nice if the improvements, whatever they are going to be, started in 2007, in fact.

Like a lot of fans here, I remember all too well the years and years of bad baseball that the Sox provided to us. Then came the improvements under the current management and then came 2005 and we -- I -- really hoped that the bad baseball years were a thing of the past. Now, in the second season after the World Series run, here it is again -- bad baseball. The frustration is acute, to say the least.

PennStater98r
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Nah, we sat down in our seats around 5:05. Not too many people were around. I got tired of my leg hurting hauling the big ass case around. I pulled it out, presented the ring, asked her the question, and told her to please put the case in your purse. It's hurting my leg!

Ahhh - a young romantic I see. :cool:

kitekrazy
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
People making millions upon millions of dollars shouldn't be expected to earn it? As i have stated before, you let me know when the honeymoon is over. Is that day circled on your calendar yet? Just curious, how much longer does lately mean? This team stinks, they are not even competitve.

Some people just believe MLB should not follow the same natural laws of the real world. Highly paid under performing people in the real world often lose their jobs. They are a victim of the "what have you done for us lately". One reason the quality of play in the majors has decline is because of guaranteed contracts.

It's sad to see some good starting pitching going to waste this season.

oeo
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
People making millions upon millions of dollars shouldn't be expected to earn it?

What? :?:

As i have stated before, you let me know when the honeymoon is over. Is that day circled on your calendar yet? Just curious, how much longer does lately mean? This team stinks, they are not even competitve.They're not even competitive? Losing 10-0 everyday would not be competitive. Over their stretch of going 5-22, they had the lead in 21 of those games, I believe. That's 'not even competitive?' I question whether you watch the games, or just come here when they lose so you can do your ****ing routine. You add nothing to the converstion...you simply ask, "Is the honeymoon over?" And when you do try so hard to add something, you give no reasoning whatsoever.

But thank you for once again asking me if the 'honeymoon' is over...I can't wait until I see it again.

RockJock07
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I think Fields will need to play winter ball to get his D to a solid level. This whole moving him to the OF thing kind of back-fired on the Sox. Although his bat is got some pop and that's just what the sox need.
f
Secondly, Aarsdma, just awful, I though If he would be better then this, I've never seen a player perform so well the first two months, then hit a wall since well....Jose Contreras.

If Kenny packages Dye and Jose together, he may be able to get Either who is a going to be a stub. The Dodgers have the best farm system, at least you can trust their prospects.

SOXandILLINI
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow, you really are incredible. When I first heard of this board, i really thought that the discourse would be relatively void of the kool aid drinking types that I would expect on alot of boards. Having been a lifelong White Sox fan and a fan of the game in general, and having played it at a very high level, I honestly thought that most people on this board would call a spade a spade ( unlike our north side "friends"). This, for the most part, just isn't the case. This board is wall to wall full of excuse makers and apologists. Unfortunately or actually fortunately, this WILL change, and in the not so distant future unless the Sox are willing to open up the check book very soon because our farm system, which used to be considered among the tops in baseball, is now lacking of serious talent, and our current roster is full of aging injury prone, slow athletes.

Be prepared White Sox nation, we have fallen very far, very fast, and unless something is done about it soon, it will not be getting any better. You can keep calling me out as some kind of doomsday person, but be prepared to keep your excuse rolodex handy, cus you're gonna need it.... :gulp:

SOXandILLINI
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
What? :?:

They're not even competitive? Losing 10-0 everyday would not be competitive. Over their stretch of going 5-22, they had the lead in 21 of those games, I believe. That's 'not even competitive?' I question whether you watch the games, or just come here when they lose so you can do your ****ing routine. You add nothing to the converstion...you simply ask, "Is the honeymoon over?" And when you do try so hard to add something, you give no reasoning whatsoever.

But thank you for once again asking me if the 'honeymoon' is over...I can't wait until I see it again.

And thank you once again for not answering the question. You think making excuses adds to the discussion?...... Over the stretch of 5-22, that number in and of itself is freaking embarrassing, and we weren't playing the '27 Yankess. There is no point in arguing with you, the tune will remain the same regardless. Unlike myself, when I see something to feel optimistic about, I will. Over the last 130 some odd games, those things have been few and far between, or am I mistaken again?

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
This might be the lamest comment I've seen on this board.Not even close.

Parrothead
07-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Actually, that is not true. I will remember some of the guys. I have a few jerseys and know some of the players. And I will remember the event. To this day, the 1st Wolves Championship is still fresh in my mind, along with a lot of players.

Parrothead
07-05-2007, 05:16 PM

I think everyone's disgusted at the way the season is unfolding.

This year, I have a better time at the T-bolts games. And I always have a better time at the Wolves than the Blackhawks.

JB98
07-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Actually, that is not true. I will remember some of the guys. I have a few jerseys and know some of the players. And I will remember the event. To this day, the 1st Wolves Championship is still fresh in my mind, along with a lot of players.

Yeah, but you just remember the first Wolves championship because of the brawl during the pregame skate before Game 7.:D:

Parrothead
07-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, but you just remember the first Wolves championship because of the brawl during the pregame skate before Game 7.:D:

That is was great but the game was great too. Tied 0-0 going into the third. then a Wolves onslaught Wolves win 3-0. Glen Featherstone in his jersey standing on a street corner with the Turner Cup somewhere in Addison the next morning waving to people driving to work. OUTSTANDING !

JB98
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
That is was great but the game was great too. Tied 0-0 going into the third. then a Wolves onslaught Wolves win 3-0. Glen Featherstone in his jersey standing on a street corner with the Turner Cup somewhere in Addison the next morning waving to people driving to work. OUTSTANDING !

Yes, it was a great game.

Brian26
07-05-2007, 11:29 PM
At the same time, you defend Juan Uribe who can't hit worth **** most of the time. Cintron is a proven hitter...and although he's struggled this year, that doesn't mean he's 'atrocious.'

Uribe's arm at SS coupled with his ability to put up decent power numbers far outweighs what Cintron brings to the table.

Mr. White Sox
07-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Tadahito Iguchi connects with his two-run homer in the second inning. Iguchi also had a double and a triple, but drew a full-count walk on his final at-bat and took first as Sox fans rained boos on the Orioles pitcher.

I didn't see the walk. Was the pitcher going around Guch?

Patrick134
07-05-2007, 11:38 PM
I didn't see the walk. Was the pitcher going around Guch?

Nah.