PDA

View Full Version : 07/04/07: David Aardsma back to Charlotte Knights

Grzegorz
07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
After tonight's (07/04/07) performance, David Aardsma is sent back down to the Charlotte Knights.

Source: Rongey's post game info...

palehozenychicty
07-04-2007, 11:40 PM
stunner. On the real, he's just not a very good pitcher. He needs to develop and command some off-speed pitches to become effective in the future.

lostfan
07-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Aardsma looked absolutely dominant at the beginning of the season. and then...

oeo
07-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Well, in defense of Aardsma, when was the last time even pitched? I forgot he was even in there.

DumpJerry
07-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I guess this means Floyd is on his way.

JB98
07-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Aardsma has shown he cannot be trusted in pressure situations. Therefore, he is a waste of a roster spot. Good move to send him back down.

Hell, look at his last two outings. He came in with the Sox down 6-1 and quickly made it 8-1. Tonight, he came in with the Sox down 6-2 and quickly made it 8-2. He sucks even in mop-up duty.

He doesn't throw strikes. He walked Paul Bako leading off an inning. That's the final straw.

soxlug
07-05-2007, 01:03 AM
I was thinking that with the double header coming up rather than Masset make the start have Floyd make it. Then send him down and then bring Dewon back up. I think Masset would do a decent job though. Nonetheless our bullpen is in shambles. I just hope they don't decide to Floyd in the pen. I think Ozzie has mentioned that he does not see Floyd as a reliver and I tend to agree.

KRS1
07-05-2007, 01:55 AM
I was thinking that with the double header coming up rather than Masset make the start have Floyd make it. Then send him down and then bring Dewon back up.

I believe Gavin on his last option, which means we couldnt send him back down without him clearing waivers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I see Dewon coming up and Masset making the start.

JB98
07-05-2007, 02:00 AM
I believe Gavin on his last option, which means we couldnt send him back down without him clearing waivers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I see Dewon coming up and Masset making the start.

Options last the whole year. We can bring Floyd up and send him back as many times as we want in 2007. He'll be out of options next season.