PDA

View Full Version : i hate seattle fans!

ihatethecubs
04-03-2002, 01:49 AM
the mariner fans are so unbelievably annoying. and in my opinion, they are the second most annoying fans in baseball, right behind cub fans of course. yes, more annoying than cleveland fans and yankee fans. they whine and moan every time their pitcher throws a ball a foot off the plate, and whine and moan again when their hitter gets called out on an inside strike. they clap their hands to stupid music and dance in the aisles like a bunch of morons every time ichiro gets a hit. they give standing ovations when mike cameron catches a pop up in shallow center and throws the ball in with paul konerko on 3rd, like cameron prevented him from scoring, when kenny lofton wouldn't have even tried to score on such a shallow fly ball. i dont remember any great crowds at the kingdome when the mariners werent that great of a team. they are a bunch of fair-weather morons and i cant wait to get out of seattle and into kansas city, where even if we are losing, there arent ichiro chants, japanese ads and japenese flags everywhere, theres no dancing grounds crew or gay looking moose mascots, and no words spelled out on the infield dirt. im not just saying this because im upset about this loss, ive always hated the mariners fans especially after the 2000 playoffs. the space needle sucks, frasier sucks, the movie sleepless in seattle sucks, bill gates sucks, all their sports teams have ugly uniforms, i hate seattle fans.

voodoochile
04-03-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
the mariner fans are so unbelievably annoying. and in my opinion, they are the second most annoying fans in baseball, right behind cub fans of course. yes, more annoying than cleveland fans and yankee fans. they whine and moan every time their pitcher throws a ball a foot off the plate, and whine and moan again when their hitter gets called out on an inside strike. they clap their hands to stupid music and dance in the aisles like a bunch of morons every time ichiro gets a hit. they give standing ovations when mike cameron catches a pop up in shallow center and throws the ball in with paul konerko on 3rd, like cameron prevented him from scoring, when kenny lofton wouldn't have even tried to score on such a shallow fly ball. i dont remember any great crowds at the kingdome when the mariners werent that great of a team. they are a bunch of fair-weather morons and i cant wait to get out of seattle and into kansas city, where even if we are losing, there arent ichiro chants, japanese ads and japenese flags everywhere, theres no dancing grownds crew or gay looking moose mascots, and no words spelled out on the infield dirt. im not just saying this because im upset about this loss, ive always hated the mariners fans especially after the 2000 playoffs. the space needle sucks, frasier sucks, the movie sleepless in seattle sucks, bill gates sucks, all their sports teams have ugly uniforms, i hate seattle fans.

Tell us how you REALLY feel... :D:

doublem23
04-03-2002, 01:51 AM
Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think, hate?

Ha ha, voodoo... Great minds think alike, eh?

GASHWOUND
04-03-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
the mariner fans are so unbelievably annoying. and in my opinion, they are the second most annoying fans in baseball, right behind cub fans of course. yes, more annoying than cleveland fans and yankee fans. they whine and moan every time their pitcher throws a ball a foot off the plate, and whine and moan again when their hitter gets called out on an inside strike. they clap their hands to stupid music and dance in the aisles like a bunch of morons every time ichiro gets a hit. they give standing ovations when mike cameron catches a pop up in shallow center and throws the ball in with paul konerko on 3rd, like cameron prevented him from scoring, when kenny lofton wouldn't have even tried to score on such a shallow fly ball. i dont remember any great crowds at the kingdome when the mariners werent that great of a team. they are a bunch of fair-weather morons and i cant wait to get out of seattle and into kansas city, where even if we are losing, there arent ichiro chants, japanese ads and japenese flags everywhere, theres no dancing grounds crew or gay looking moose mascots, and no words spelled out on the infield dirt. im not just saying this because im upset about this loss, ive always hated the mariners fans especially after the 2000 playoffs. the space needle sucks, frasier sucks, the movie sleepless in seattle sucks, bill gates sucks, all their sports teams have ugly uniforms, i hate seattle fans.

Lol, I TOTALLY agree. Their what you call...corny. I remember when the camera panned to the crowd when one of the players got a hit and you see these grown men dancing like mental patients, the one guy I noticed was swinging his hips and doing something weird with his arms...uhh, it was embarrassing just watching. I just want to pound the Mariners 20-0 so we can shut their asses up. man, they give standing ovations if one of their player just makes a routine out. And I heard they did the freakin wave at yesterdays game!! The wave! LOL, jeez...they are corny

VeeckAsInWreck
04-03-2002, 02:40 AM
Seattle sucks and now I'll show you why!
In 1970 (after one season) the Seattle Pilots left to become the Milwaukee Brewers, Alex Rodriguez left (of course I would too for $250M!), and the Boeing Corp. left Seattle for what city?......That's right CHICAGO! :gulp:
So let them dance in their aisles, drink their Starbucks coffee, and write peoples' names in the infield. Because deep down they're all dead on the inside! :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think, hate?

Ha ha, voodoo... Great minds think alike, eh?

Hey now, hate's bringing up some valid points here. Who can argue Seattle's uniforms aren't ****in' ugly?

:)

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Hey now, hate's bringing up some valid points here. Who can argue Seattle's uniforms aren't ****in' ugly?

The uni's they wore in 83 were the absoulute worst! Was 83 just a bad uni year or what?

I couldn't agree more about seattle fans. Where the hell were they before ichiro? Fareweather cluelss *******s that don't speak english. Yeah, I'd be proud to support a team who uses japenese banners behind home plate for ichiro fans over seas. Isn't that a slap in the face to mlb and America?

baggio202
04-03-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

The uni's they wore in 83 were the absoulute worst! Was 83 just a bad uni year or what?

I couldn't agree more about seattle fans. Where the hell were they before ichiro? Fareweather cluelss *******s that don't speak english. Yeah, I'd be proud to support a team who uses japenese banners behind home plate for ichiro fans over seas. Isn't that a slap in the face to mlb and America?

i used to live in oregon and had to do some business in seattle usually have to stay there a week at a time...i dont know if its the 8 months of pretty much constant rain or what but those are some of the most screwed up people on the planet...its not like they are outwardly mean but like if you walk down the street and just hi to someone as your passing them they usually jusy look away..if someone bumps into you they never say excuse...i think the words please and thank you are outlawed there...go in friggen restaurant and your almost gaurenteed a waitress with a chip on her shoulder...its like the whole city buys into that grunge rock stereortype from the early 90's...its a depressing place for sure

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 03:33 AM
Maybe it's all the yuppie moca shops?lol

Vsahajpal
04-03-2002, 03:45 AM
I agree, Frasier sucks

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
I agree, Frasier sucks

Pearl jam too. Well, the first album was good.

YOFrankie
04-03-2002, 04:20 AM
Ohh, I'm starting to get upset here. I love Chicago and all, and will be a Sox fan for life, but Seattle is the best city I've ever visited. I like Fraiser, the people are very nice, and they know how to treat cyclists in the pacific northwest. I better go to sleep now, I'll check in the mourning to see if I have any hate mail.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by YOFrankie
I better go to sleep now, I'll check in the mourning to see if I have any hate mail.

Freudian slip, Frankie? Ah, the life of a Sox Fan!

Dadawg_77
04-03-2002, 10:14 AM

If I am not mistaken, and I could be here, doesn't Nintendo own the Mairners? Thus the Nintendo ads. You really can't berate an international company which markets is brand to nation, which is already baseball crazed, with home grown players. Now, instead of just having the Seatlle market, the Mairners are major baseball brand in Japan, a market with millions customers, who buy Mairners gear and watch the games on TV which generates more money for the company. That is good buisness, and I really can't fault that.

foulkesfan11
04-03-2002, 11:40 AM
I agree & hate Seattle too. It gets on my nerves so much when every time a Japanese player is mentioned, they show fans in teh crowd holding up Japanese flags. This is the USA already.

CubKilla
04-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Not sure if they own them, but know they have/used to have an ownership stake. And I agree with ihatethecubs..... where in the hell does Safeco Field find that absolute WORST music. Remember how they acted in 2000 when they knocked the Sox out of the playoffs and those stupid jag$ "WOOFED!" to Who Let The Dogs Out for what seemed like 2 friggin' hours? Mariner fans=AL equivalent of Cub fans. Is the signname NUKESEATTLE taken?

Huisj
04-03-2002, 11:44 AM

Hey, careful, I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. They rock . . .

but luckily they have nothing to do really with the Mariners or their fans, so I can still think the Mariners are dumb and their fans are obnoxious and still be a sox fan and still be a pearl jam fan.

CubKilla
04-03-2002, 11:51 AM

I thought they're 3rd album was better than the first. Then they went down the ole $hit-chute.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 01:25 PM
You know something, if actively recruiting from, and marketing to, Asians and Asian-Americans improved our ballclub's on-field performance and home attendance--half as much as it has for "small market" Seattle--then sign me up. Were not even smart enough to have a Spanish language radiocast anymore.

God bless, Seattle. They've found a formula to WIN!

:jerry :KW :gallas :reinsy
"We're clueless, and YOU are to blame."

Vsahajpal
04-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I agree & hate Seattle too. It gets on my nerves so much when every time a Japanese player is mentioned, they show fans in teh crowd holding up Japanese flags. This is the USA already.

It gets on your nerves because this is the USA already?

huh?

Huisj
04-03-2002, 01:36 PM
I gotta say that some of the stuff from vs. and vitalogy is just as good as a lot of the stuff from ten (speaking about pearl jam here again). No Code is ok, not great, but has some real interesting songs to listen too. However (and I know lots of people think I'm crazy here) I gotta say that I think Yield fits together as a whole album better than any other Pearl Jam album. It flows real nicely, and the songs are good. They have a different kind of feel than earlier pearl jam stuff, but that's not a bad thing (although the general public certainly seemed to think so). People tend to fault pearl jam a lot for changing over the years--I think it shows that they aren't sell outs, and that they have a desire to make their music the way they want to make it (and they do a pretty good job at it I think).

Sorry for the off topic stuff here, I'm just a huge pearl jam fan and couldn't resist.

Vsahajpal
04-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I gotta say that some of the stuff from vs. and vitalogy is just as good as a lot of the stuff from ten (speaking about pearl jam here again). No Code is ok, not great, but has some real interesting songs to listen too. However (and I know lots of people think I'm crazy here) I gotta say that I think Yield fits together as a whole album better than any other Pearl Jam album. It flows real nicely, and the songs are good. They have a different kind of feel than earlier pearl jam stuff, but that's not a bad thing (although the general public certainly seemed to think so). People tend to fault pearl jam a lot for changing over the years--I think it shows that they aren't sell outs, and that they have a desire to make their music the way they want to make it (and they do a pretty good job at it I think).

Sorry for the off topic stuff here, I'm just a huge pearl jam fan and couldn't resist.

I'm right there with ya.

btw, do you know any of the Koldenhoven clan at Calvin College? I played baseball with Mark, and I hear he's pitching at Calvin.

Chisox_cali
04-03-2002, 05:11 PM
It's all about Alice in Chains and Soundgarden

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Huisj

OK i have to agree there. Vitology was the best one they made, while 10 had 4 good songs.

awesomefan
04-03-2002, 05:50 PM
I think anyone from any country should be able to play Major League baseball in the USA & fans should be able to wave what ever countries flag the player is from if they want to.

If it really is the World Series, then this is how things should be able to be in baseball.

PEACE & LOVE

Chisox353014
04-03-2002, 06:08 PM
A couple of 2 cents:
1. Who cares if they wave Japanese flags in the crowd? Ichiro is a great player, why shouldn't people (especially Japanese people) take pride in his accomplishments. If there's ever a Sox player from Denmark who's as good as Ichiro, I'll probably wave a Danish flag too. (Quite frankly, IMO it's nice to see any other flag than ours being waved. The whole country should have torn labrums by now with the way Old Glory's been tossed around lately)
2. I'd much rather see a Japanese Nintendo billboard then yet another ugly-arse, snot-green colored X-Box ad.
3. I agree with PHG- if marketing Ichiro et. al. to the Asian market sells tickets, more power to them. I do wonder where all the Seattle fans were during the Kingdome days however.
4. I think Pearl Jam is a decent band with some admirable morals (their stand against ticketmaster etc.). It's just unfortunate that Eddie Vedder's singing style was copied by so many people in the 90's, eventually being warped into the steaming piles o' poo known as Creed and Hootie.
5. Seattle is a very cool city. One of the few places I would consider moving to if I ever leave Chicago.
6. I always liked the Seahawks' helmets :cool: .

foulkesfan11
04-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

It gets on your nerves because this is the USA already?

huh?

Sorry, again, another bumbling, stuttering result of my drunkenness last night.