PDA

View Full Version : Knights @ PawSox, 7/3/2007

A. Cavatica
07-04-2007, 12:30 AM
My wife's from Boston, and each of the last five years or so, we've managed to arrange a visit so I can catch a Knights game at Pawtucket.

I have to say, the Knights looked awful tonight (7-1 loss). The Sox have vacuumed up a lot of the talent that should've been on the field for them, so I got to see Jason Bourgeois in left, Tomas Perez at short, and a bullpen of Childers-Robbins-Babula-Sierra. Ick. Sadly, Bourgeois was among the better performers tonight (double, stolen base, good defensive play to cut down a runner stretching at second).

Broadway started and lasted 3 2/3. He was wild (5 walks) and his stuff was thoroughly unimpressive. IIRC, he walked in a run and brought in another when he hit the PawSox' .173-hitting catcher with the bases loaded. He in no way resembled a major league pitcher, and I was extremely disappointed. He did induce double play balls in each of the first two innings, but seemed to lose his focus after giving up a solo HR to Jeff Bailey in the second, even though the Knights tied it in the top of the third.

The Knights mustered just three hits. One was the tying HR, a solo shot by the Son of Satan, but it was a lazy fly that hit the top of the short left field fence and bounced over. There was the Bourgeois double and a single by Earl Snyder.

The PawSox had threats going almost every inning and the bullpen didn't quell many of them. So, in many ways, watching the Knights was just like watching the Sox.

Wait 'til next year...

Fenway
07-04-2007, 12:54 AM
did you enjoy McCoy Stadium?

A. Cavatica
07-04-2007, 01:18 AM
did you enjoy McCoy Stadium?

Always do. More than Fenway, actually -- tickets for the whole family are cheaper than one ticket at Fenway, we can sit right behind home plate, and parking is $2. Hence the annual pilgrimage to see the Knights instead of the Sox.