PDA

View Full Version : Woulda' Coulda' Shuolda'

voodoochile
04-03-2002, 01:39 AM
Well, we shoud have won that game, and we could have won that game and if that game is replayed later this season, I think we will win that game. Still, all is not lost...

I mean the two starters in these two games looked great. That was a very soft 3 that Ritchie gave up tonight (where was Ray on Mclemore's 5 bounce single through the right side? Nice positioning on the lefthanded batter). Don't often rag the umpires, but Seattle had a wider plate than us tonight - I know you have to win despite the umps, but this was pretty blatant - still, the majority of the blame lies with a bullpen that just flat forgot how to throw strikes until it was much too late. I think that problem will resolve itself as the season progresses (it better...), and it was nice to see Rauch pitch well in his 1.1 innings (Make that ALL the starters who pitched looked good in this series - hopefully that continues tomorrow - go JG :gulp: ).

Wonder why JM didn't PH Leifer in the 7th for Royce, but I also understand his decision to go with the starter so as not to destroy confidence. Good ole' Buddy Lee - not one to prolong things, going down on 3 straight to end the game expiditiously his third time in 4 at-bats that he K'd.

Oh well, we'll get 'em tomorrow...

Chisox_cali
04-03-2002, 02:06 AM
Well look at the good side
:indianslose

we're both at 1-1, except for Jerry's Twins who are 1-0, which of course means we'll never close that .5 game deficit :D:

doublem23
04-03-2002, 02:08 AM
:notwinks

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 02:18 AM
The stike zone was aweful. Clayton looked aweful as usual. maybe he's just living up to his 1st half expectations. Frank got completly screwed in his last ab. he was called out on 3 horrile pitches outside the zone. Ray is no defensive second baseman and i just have more spite for DJ every time he says ray is coming off a career season defensivly. Is he just a homer and think we're dumb? Or is he just that big of an idiot? Ray has as much range as Coice which is jack ****. Sorry. I'm typing like i'm on air where i say whatever i want. :D:

Chisox_cali
04-03-2002, 02:20 AM
RPS, when is the next S n' R broadcast?

FarWestChicago
04-03-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Ray has as much range as Coice which is jack ****.The Rangeless Wonders. :(:

Lip Man 1
04-03-2002, 02:29 AM
The Sox fans who said all Winter long that the bullpen was going to be a problem and should be helped are looking like geniuses or prophets aren't they?

Two games, two dismal performances, one blown chance. (Hmmmmm, it's starting to remind me of 1996 when the Sox bullpen set the league record for most blown save chances and was a big reason why the Sox fell apart in August and September and blew the Wild Card!)
The latest "great" move by our intrepid G.M. (which stands for General Moron), Marte has an ERA of 54! with 4 runs allowed in 2 appearances.
Barcelo looked awful and Howry is back to his "old" self (which is pretty bad...)
Yes sir, let's see how many games our G.M. is willing to blow before he breaks his word and starts talking about how the Sox would LOVE to get healthy, veteran, bullpen help from St. Louis, Toronto or Oakland but can't (sniff) because (choke), the Sox (gnashing of teeth) just CAN'T AFFORD IT (sob!)
Remember it's YOUR fault! LOL LOL LOL
On the positive side (here you go Daver) Ritchie didn't look too bad.
Let's see what happens tonight (Wednesday) when Danny (I Can't Pitch) Wright takes the mound.
Lip

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 02:32 AM
Stay in your dark corner all year lipman.

Chisox_cali
04-03-2002, 02:35 AM
Stay in your dark corner all year lipman.

HAHA :smile:
:whoflungpoo

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
RPS, when is the next S n' R broadcast?

We'll announce that late wed. We're shooting for saturday/ Maybe friday. Depends on guido's schedule.

Chisox_cali
04-03-2002, 02:40 AM

We'll announce that late wed. We're shooting for saturday/ Maybe friday. Depends on guido's schedule.

Cool, can't wait to listen again, good radio and funny as hell. The "pregame" show was hilarious you guys should try to do that before all the games your gonna broadcast.

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 02:51 AM

Cool, can't wait to listen again, good radio and funny as hell. The "pregame" show was hilarious you guys should try to do that before all the games your gonna broadcast.

1 hour pregame is about standard for us. We've been doing that all spring and it's worked well so we're going to keep doing 1 hour pre-game broadcasts.

Jerry_Manuel
04-03-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I think that problem will resolve itself as the season progresses (it better...). Oh well, we'll get 'em tomorrow...

It won't. No, they won't.

Jerry_Manuel
04-03-2002, 07:58 AM
we're both at 1-1, except for Jerry's Twins who are 1-0, which of course means we'll never close that .5 game deficit :D:

Damn right! Fear the Twins!

duke of dorwood
04-03-2002, 08:47 AM
Was it me, or was Barcelo really tossing lots of soft stuff up there? Not a good way to follow up the 90 plus stuff that Ritchie was throwing.

FarWestChicago
04-03-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

It won't. No, they won't. :troll

Procol Harum
04-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Howry is back to his "old" self (which is pretty bad...)

Not quite. Unfortunately, Howry is now wild and slow...

voodoochile
04-03-2002, 12:59 PM

It won't. No, they won't.

Of course not... No way that the bullpen will improve as people settle into defined roles and armstrength comes back. No way will young kids get better. No way will the bullpen be anything but a huge hole on the team this year. It will be nothing but walks, walks and more walks. The team is doomed, chucky... doomed

Man, you kill me, JM...

bjmarte
04-03-2002, 01:01 PM

Of course not... No way that the bullpen will improve as people settle into defined roles and armstrength comes back. No way will young kids get better. No way will the bullpen be anything but a huge hole on the team this year. It will be nothing but walks, walks and more walks. The team is doomed, chucky... doomed

Man, you kill me, JM...

Clearly we have bullpen problems, but my biggest complaint is the way it was used. They didn't do a great job but six pitchers in one inning!?

voodoochile
04-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Clearly we have bullpen problems, but my biggest complaint is the way it was used. They didn't do a great job but six pitchers in one inning!?

I agree, but JM didn't have a choice last night, guys just couldn't throw strikes. I wish he had more patience, but this is what we got. I guess it was a good thing they brought 12 pitchers North with them...

You know Jerry, why give it a chance to improve when you can tinker with it...

bjmarte
04-03-2002, 01:10 PM

I agree, but JM didn't have a choice last night, guys just couldn't throw strikes. I wish he had more patience, but this is what we got. I guess it was a good thing they brought 12 pitchers North with them...

You know Jerry, why give it a chance to improve when you can tinker with it...
:jerry
"I don't see how allowing guys to pitch out of their own jams or showing any confidence in their ability is going to help this bullpen improve. At least that is what Nardi tells me."

Jerry_Manuel
04-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Man, you kill me, JM...

Interesting you say that VC. I've realized how weird this situation is. Me being the younger Sox fan, one would think I would be the optimistic one. You on the other hand being the older Sox fan, have seen the good and the bad of White Sox baseball, yet your the optimistic one.

Strange.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2002, 08:51 PM
Interesting you say that VC. I've realized how weird this situation is. Me being the younger Sox fan, one would think I would be the optimistic one. You on the other hand being the older Sox fan, have seen the good and the bad of White Sox baseball, yet your the optimistic one.

Strange.

It's the drugs.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
04-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It's the drugs.

:)

No doubt.

:partybus