PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-3 Bullpen not required postgame thread

JB98
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Good job, Javy.

goon
07-03-2007, 09:36 PM
The thing about Javier is he just doesn't have any heart.

Great game for Vazquez and Thome inching closer to 500 with a three run bomb.

soltrain21
07-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I remember when we used to do that in the playoffs.

Sigh.

oeo
07-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm a little disappointed in Javy...after seeing his stuff in that first inning, I thought he was going to pitch a perfect game. I guess a complete game is good enough. :smile:

Grzegorz
07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Vazquez is fine; he pitched a gem today. What can one say? The starting pitching has been solid all year.

MarySwiss
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Nice, Javy! And a big "not bad" to the Thomenator!

whitem0nkey
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
nice job Javier on a CG:gulp:

Jurr
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Man, I know that the team is still on the brink of having a trip to Sellerville, but if they got a little bullpen help, they could get dangerous. Nice to see the offense back.:bandance:

JB98
07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Man, I know that the team is still on the brink of having a trip to Sellerville, but if they got a little bullpen help, they could get dangerous. Nice to see the offense back.:bandance:

At least for four innings. We shut it down late in the game again, which is a continuing concern.

Still, we'd have a much better record if we could score five runs every day.

Jurr
07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I have a feeling that KW is waiting until the completion of the Minn series to decide on the fate of this roster. If the Sox take three of four from Baltimore and win the Min series two of three, he's going to take a long look at keeping his roster intact. I bet the team is about to rally around the fact that they want to keep the legacy going.

California Sox
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
What a weird year. Sox were second in starter ERA coming in and that just went down. Has any team ever been 8 games under with starters who have been this consistent?

Anyway, I've been critical of Javy, but that was a gem.

JB98
07-03-2007, 09:51 PM
I have a feeling that KW is waiting until the completion of the Minn series to decide on the fate of this roster. If the Sox take three of four from Baltimore and win the Min series two of three, he's going to take a long look at keeping his roster intact. I bet the team is about to rally around the fact that they want to keep the legacy going.

We play four games vs. Minnesota. DH on Friday.

Jurr
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM
We play four games vs. Minnesota. DH on Friday.
That's right. If they win 5 of the next six, it could get really interesting on the south side. It's a stretch, but it would definitely open some eyes, especially management's.

lostfan
07-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I love when Javier is just filthy like that. I wish he could do that all the time.

Grzegorz
07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
If they win 5 of the next six, it could get really interesting on the south side. It's a stretch, but it would definitely open some eyes, especially management's.

This might not be a good thing... Management has to look at the whole season (I believe they will) and assess whether the pieces are in place to make a run in '08.

Tragg
07-03-2007, 10:01 PM
This is why the paid that high price for him.
He's been pitching his rear off.

GlassSox
07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Great job by Javy! Good to see a complete game. Is Thome getting hot?

MISoxfan
07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Our top 3 have been phenomenal lately. If somehow Contreras can find a fountain or youth or at least remember how to get K we could have a rotation on par with or better than 05.

Buehrle's last 5 starts

47.2 IP 8 ER

Vazquez last 3 starts

23 IP 3 ER

Garland's last 3

21 IP 3 ER

thomas35forever
07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Vazquez with a hell of a game tonight. Why can't all our starters do what he did on a consistent basis?

TomParrish79
07-03-2007, 10:14 PM
nice game and nice win

ChiSox Fan 68
07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Yay Javy! And that catch by Fields in foul territory early in the game...reminded me just a smidge of that catch by Juan in the World Series. :smile:

Also, can I just make a quick comment...we just got an awesome new 50 inch plasma TV and for some reason now, I am REALLY noticing the crowd. I couldn't help but notice the three women in the Scout Seats (maybe the 2nd/3rd row behind home plate) not paying attention to the game AT ALL. I mean, if they even glanced at the field ONCE, I didn't see it. As a lifelong (female) Sox fan, I am wondering....can there please be a law that if you have Scout seats, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE GAME????

Thanks for letting me vent.

MISoxfan
07-03-2007, 10:20 PM
IOur top 3 have been phenomenal lately. If somehow Contreras can find a fountain or youth or at least remember how to get K we could have a rotation on par with or better than 05.

Buehrle's last 5 starts

47.2 IP 8 ER

Vazquez last 3 starts

23 IP 3 ER

Garland's last 3

21 IP 3 ER

Ok my math must have a serious error in buehrle's last 5 starts because I'm pretty sure he didn't pitch over 9 innings in those games.

Edit-37.2 :redface:

lostfan
07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Vazquez with a hell of a game tonight. Why can't all our starters do what he did on a consistent basis?
Well, the rotation is ranked 2nd in the AL after all. The only one that hasn't really been consistent is Contreras, and Danks to a lesser extent but that was to be expected.

RowanDye
07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Great game from Javy, even if it was against a pretty poor offensive team.

With Javy pitching like this I think it will be really hard for KW to move him, unless he's blown away by an offer.

Decent job from Owens today as well, 1-3 with a stolen base and a run scored. I'd like to seem him at least keep his head above water for the next few weeks so that he can get an extended look after the break. He's not even close to proving it yet, but filling the leadoff spot from within the organization would be huge for next year.

lostfan
07-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Somebody really needs to get Owens some steroids so he can start hitting the ball past the infield more often.

Tragg
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Man, I know that the team is still on the brink of having a trip to Sellerville, but if they got a little bullpen help, they could get dangerous. Nice to see the offense back.

Still only 6 hits, but nice long ball.
Thank goodness our starting pitching is stellar, because the O is really hideous.

Brian26
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Good job, Javy.

We needed that performance at Comerica last year. Glad we got it tonight when we're 12 out and in 4th place. :thumbsup:

Brian26
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
The thing about Javier is he just doesn't have any heart.

You need all the heart you can get when you're battling for last place with the Royals. :rolleyes:

Garbage time Vazquez.

Brian26
07-03-2007, 10:45 PM

They generally do; it's the bullpen that's the problem.

y2j2785
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Woo! Great game by Javy! Lets get this thing rollin boys! :bandance:

HotelWhiteSox
07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
It's too bad we got the recurring injury bug, I thought we could've put together a nice little mini run, probably get killed against Cle, but we always play Det well

lostfan
07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
We needed that performance at Comerica last year. Glad we got it tonight when we're 12 out and in 4th place. :thumbsup:
Why bash the guy when he really hasn't been a part of the problem all year?

MISoxfan
07-03-2007, 10:55 PM
You need all the heart you can get when you're battling for last place with the Royals. :rolleyes:

Garbage time Vazquez.

Ok so I guess the Sox were out of it in April when he was 2-0 with a 3.75 ERA.

itsnotrequired
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM
itsnotrequired, indeed.

:D:

Sig update time...

whitesoxwilkes
07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
My first game in almost a month and it was a good one to be at. Another win, another 2 super tacos. Rain held off just long enough.

Railsplitter
07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Good Job Javvy:bandance:

If pitchers were conditioned to go nine innings, there would be less of a bullpen problem.

kevingrt
07-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Great win for Javy before the rain. Now lets just take 5 out of the next 6 and continue this upswing into the break.

goon
07-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Garbage time Vazquez.

Let's not be too bitter. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DickAllen72
07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I like it better when they win! :bandance:

Frontman
07-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Javy looking like he should, Thome hitting deep opposite field power shot was very nice to see.

Good job White Sox, now let's take the next 2 and get ready for the Twinkies!

Frontman
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Why bash the guy when he really hasn't been a part of the problem all year?

Exactly. Javy, save a few starts, hasn't been the reason the Sox didn't win games he pitched. Either the 'pen or, holy crow!, the Sox bats forgot how to hit the dangum ball. (Man, I do like the new Hawkisms.)

slobes
07-03-2007, 11:48 PM
When the bullpen is struggling, just don't use it. Great start Javy.

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Vazquez with a hell of a game tonight. Why can't all our starters do what he did on a consistent basis?Now, think about that for a minute. Starters who can do that on a consistent basis go the the Hall of Fame. How many teams have five HOF starters? It's a tough game, folks.

hi im skot
07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
My first game in almost a month and it was a good one to be at. Another win, another 2 super tacos. Rain held off just long enough.

Where can I find said tacos? And what makes them so super?

I'm intrigued...

skobabe8
07-04-2007, 12:41 AM

I'm intrigued...

Great questions both of them.

Way to go Javy and way to go starting pitching this year.

JorgeFabregas
07-04-2007, 12:46 AM
White Sox starters are now #2 in the AL in ERA. A good distance behind the Oakland starters who are having an amazing season. They're #4 in all of MLB. The 2005 starters were #2 in the AL (though they were essentially tied with the #1 Angels) and #6 in MLB.

MISoxfan
07-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Great questions both of them.

Way to go Javy and way to go starting pitching this year.

I was wondering the same thing :D:.

StillMissOzzie
07-04-2007, 01:32 AM

I'm intrigued...

Yeah, me too. Are these pregame / tailgate fare or a concession stand item?

As for tonight's game...bullpen? who needs (our) stinking bullpen? Great job Javy!

SMO
:gulp:

soxfanatlanta
07-04-2007, 04:35 AM
The enigma know as Javier Vasquez: good job.

SBSoxFan
07-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Our top 3 have been phenomenal lately. If somehow Contreras can find a fountain or youth or at least remember how to get K we could have a rotation on par with or better than 05.

Buehrle's last 5 starts

47.2 IP 8 ER

Vazquez last 3 starts

23 IP 3 ER

Garland's last 3

21 IP 3 ER

That's second-half '83 Hoyt, Dotson, and Bannister!

wassagstdu
07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
I think the Sox may have found the formula they have been searching for: complete game, 3-run homer, score on double plays. Now just do it every night!

Brian26
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM

Wilkes sits down the first base line. We'll have to wait for him to answer for sure, but I think he might be getting them at the Tex-Mex stand down the line towards the rightfield corner. They had a soft taco there (but I'm not sure if this is the super taco he's talking about) that's pretty loaded up and good.

soxfanreggie
07-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Great game Javy. I wonder what our pitchers' records would be if they got run support in most of their starts in May and June. We have 3 pitchers with ERAs in the 3 range and they are a combined 16-14.

whitesoxwilkes
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Wilkes sits down the first base line. We'll have to wait for him to answer for sure, but I think he might be getting them at the Tex-Mex stand down the line towards the rightfield corner. They had a soft taco there (but I'm not sure if this is the super taco he's talking about) that's pretty loaded up and good.

As for tonight's game...bullpen? who needs (our) stinking bullpen? Great job Javy!

SMO
:gulp:

They're at the "Triple Play Cafe" located just before the right field wall. (Still in the closed section of the concourse) At $2.25 each, I challenge you to find a better food value in the whole dadgummed ballpark. Loaded with seasoned ground beef, fresh lettuce, succulent tomatoes and optional taco sauce, they're the perfect ballpark food. You can eat them still in the wrapper and keep score at the same time. Try doing that with a polish sausage.

itsnotrequired
07-04-2007, 11:16 AM
They're at the "Triple Play Cafe" located just before the right field wall. (Still in the closed section of the concourse) At $2.25 each, I challenge you to find a better food value in the whole dadgummed ballpark.

Pretty much all the Mexican food is a bargain. Hell, even the nachos are a good deal considering how much they fill you up.

hawkjt
07-04-2007, 11:51 AM
first of all, thanks for the tip on the tacos..will be checking them out tonite or tomorrow.

As for Thome getting on a roll... I think so.. I was about to faint if they sent him from second on that single by AJ... do not ever send Thome if there is any doubt.. cannot afford another injury..

Anyway, were at Mondays game and I honestly believe I have never heard a sharper crack of the bat on cowhide than that homer into the wind to left field off of Big Jims bat that nite. you simply cannot produce a sound like that unless you are a monster like jimbo.. then last nite 415 going oppo... he is officially in a groove when he starts hitting bombs to left...

finish this week strong, sox , then get it together for the second half.. thankfully , no santana, unless somehow the yanks pay off the lord for a bit of rain today..I swear it is the first time the sox will miss santana in a series in about 3 years... now, lets get the O's and then Boof.

hi im skot
07-04-2007, 12:39 PM
They're at the "Triple Play Cafe" located just before the right field wall. (Still in the closed section of the concourse) At $2.25 each, I challenge you to find a better food value in the whole dadgummed ballpark. Loaded with seasoned ground beef, fresh lettuce, succulent tomatoes and optional taco sauce, they're the perfect ballpark food. You can eat them still in the wrapper and keep score at the same time. Try doing that with a polish sausage.

So, if I have the classic "Upper Level Only" tickets, how to I make it down to sample this epic feast? I think someone once recommended getting an elevator pass...?

lostfan
07-04-2007, 01:10 PM
first of all, thanks for the tip on the tacos..will be checking them out tonite or tomorrow.

As for Thome getting on a roll... I think so.. I was about to faint if they sent him from second on that single by AJ... do not ever send Thome if there is any doubt.. cannot afford another injury..

Anyway, were at Mondays game and I honestly believe I have never heard a sharper crack of the bat on cowhide than that homer into the wind to left field off of Big Jims bat that nite. you simply cannot produce a sound like that unless you are a monster like jimbo.. then last nite 415 going oppo... he is officially in a groove when he starts hitting bombs to left...

finish this week strong, sox , then get it together for the second half.. thankfully , no santana, unless somehow the yanks pay off the lord for a bit of rain today..I swear it is the first time the sox will miss santana in a series in about 3 years... now, lets get the O's and then Boof.
They did miss him in a series early on in this season, before the team took a dive.

MarySwiss
07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Yay Javy! And that catch by Fields in foul territory early in the game...reminded me just a smidge of that catch by Juan in the World Series. :smile:

Also, can I just make a quick comment...we just got an awesome new 50 inch plasma TV and for some reason now, I am REALLY noticing the crowd. I couldn't help but notice the three women in the Scout Seats (maybe the 2nd/3rd row behind home plate) not paying attention to the game AT ALL. I mean, if they even glanced at the field ONCE, I didn't see it. As a lifelong (female) Sox fan, I am wondering....can there please be a law that if you have Scout seats, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE GAME????

Thanks for letting me vent.

I was at a patio party and game once with a group, and the fiancee of one of the guys insisted on coming along. She brought a book with her and read it throughout the game. Some of us figured that she was only at the game because she didn't trust her guy out of her sight. This could have been a similar situation.
I wonder how that marriage turned out? :tongue:

whitesoxwilkes
07-04-2007, 06:44 PM
So, if I have the classic "Upper Level Only" tickets, how to I make it down to sample this epic feast? I think someone once recommended getting an elevator pass...?

They may also have them upstairs. Anyone know for sure?

Mohoney
07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
White Sox starters are now #2 in the AL in ERA. A good distance behind the Oakland starters who are having an amazing season. They're #4 in all of MLB. The 2005 starters were #2 in the AL (though they were essentially tied with the #1 Angels) and #6 in MLB.

I would kill to have all that foul ground that they have in Oakland, since we're not hitting anyway.