PDA

View Full Version : White Sox players visit the Taste of Chicago

jenn2080
07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Sox at the taste

WHAT: Current and former Chicago White Sox players are scheduled to visit fans and sign autographs at the annual White Sox Day at Taste of Chicago. The Chevy Pride Crew also will be present distributing t-shirts and temporary tattoos to fans, and children will be invited to play a game of “Southpaw Buckets” with the White Sox mascot.

WHEN/: Thursday, July 5
WHO Autograph sessions at the Fun Time Stage

11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. White Sox third baseman Josh Fields, pitcher Jon Garland and former White Sox player and current first base coach, Harold Baines.

1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Former White Sox players Ron Kittle and Bill Melton.

2:00 – 2:30 p.m. White Sox mascot Southpaw.

WHERE: Taste of Chicago, Grant Park
The stage is located on the west side of Columbus Drive between Congress and Balbo Avenue, near the Ferris Wheel.

eriqjaffe
07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
They also had MacDougal scheduled to appear, but no matter how many times he tried, he kept winding up four feet outside the booth.

If I didn't have to work, I'd go to meet Harold.

Taliesinrk
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
They also had MacDougal scheduled to appear, but no matter how many times he tried, he kept winding up four feet outside the booth.

If I didn't have to work, I'd go to meet Harold.

haha.. awesome.. :lol::lol:

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
They should put the entire bullpen in the dunktank and see if the fans can get the ball in the zone.

getonbckthr
07-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Hold open tryout for the bullpen, SS, 2B, and OF.

Frankfan4life
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Sox at the tasteWow, thanks for the info. I would like to meet Harold and Jon but I don't have lunch until 2 p.m. I'm going to try and get an early lunch.

Lip Man 1
07-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Chicken:

And if they can get it in the zone and dunk a few of them they need to be signed immediately!

Lip

Frontman
07-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Chicken:

And if they can get it in the zone and dunk a few of them they need to be signed immediately!

Lip

Especially if they are left handed. Granted, if you show talent, Kenny will try to get you on a home town discount and immediately trade you to New York.

salty99
07-04-2007, 12:11 AM
I went last year and it was an absolute nightmare. It could maybe be because it was AJ and Crede there and we were coming off a WS title. Hopefully you guys have better luck this year

BainesHOF
07-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Yeah, the line numbered easily over 1,000 people last year. It was weird because the line kept growing and growing even though the people at the back of it had no chance of receiving an autograph.

LongLiveFisk
07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Probably a dumb question, but are the autographs free at this event?

SoxandtheCityTee
07-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes.

LongLiveFisk
07-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes.

Thanks. I figured they probably were but it never hurts to ask. :smile:

Dan the Man
07-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I went last year and it was an absolute nightmare. It could maybe be because it was AJ and Crede there and we were coming off a WS title. Hopefully you guys have better luck this year
I figure the demand is slightly down this year. :D:

BainesHOF
07-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Just got back from the Taste. It was MUCH less crowded than last year. There was probably only about a quarter as many people as last time. If you got there early enough you could have went through the line twice. Anyone who showed up a little after the players started signing got autographs. I stuck around and got Kittle and Melton, too.