PDA

View Full Version : Let's do This

roadrunner
07-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Like everybody else, I've been down on this team for what now feels like forever. Also like most of you I'm sick and tired of it. We've got seven home games until the all star break. I'm ready for one make or break run into the all star break. Let's get behind this team again and go strong into the break. It's obviously a long shot but if we can go 6-1 we'll be 41-44 with 12 games left against CLE and 13 against DET.

The weather is nice, the city is alive and it's time to resurrect our beloved Sox.

If the Sox fall flat then so be it but the rest of our summer is at stake this week. We need some positive energy at the park, around town, on this board, on the radio and everywhere else. Let's enjoy this homestand and see if we can't at least recapture a glimmer of hope.

Anyone feel me?

35th&Shields
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Like everybody else, I've been down on this team for what now feels like forever. Also like most of you I'm sick and tired of it. We've got seven home games until the all star break. I'm ready for one make or break run into the all star break. Let's get behind this team again and go strong into the break. It's obviously a long shot but if we can go 6-1 we'll be 41-44 with 12 games left against CLE and 13 against DET.

The weather is nice, the city is alive and it's time to resurrect our beloved Sox.

If the Sox fall flat then so be it but the rest of our summer is at stake this week. We need some positive energy at the park, around town, on this board, on the radio and everywhere else. Let's enjoy this homestand and see if we can't at least recapture a glimmer of hope.

Anyone feel me?

I'm with you. If nothing else, a strong run will inject some interest in the season. It's too early to just write off the whole season. A strong run will at least keep things interesting.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I am in agreement in principle...the issue is the team, itself, says all the right things but doesn't act motivated. I was hoping for some injections of life from Gonzalez, Fields, etc...but I just don't see it....maybe I'm looking too hard at it, I dunno...

Etownsox13
07-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Well we sure are playing a team that is in disarray for the next 4 games

kittle42
07-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Well we sure are playing a team that is in disarray for the next 4 games

We're playing ourselves? :cool:

Brian26
07-02-2007, 02:33 PM
We're playing ourselves? :cool:

Andy Gozalez is a perfectly good right fielder.

...On Charlotte.

spiffie
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Anyone feel me?
Well, there will be the "Farewell to Mark Buehrle" energy at the park they can try to tap into.

oeo
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I am in agreement in principle...the issue is the team, itself, says all the right things but doesn't act motivated. I was hoping for some injections of life from Gonzalez, Fields, etc...but I just don't see it....maybe I'm looking too hard at it, I dunno...

Maybe you haven't watched the last few games, but I definitely see the heart. AJ was pumped up and screaming after Cintron's bases loaded play on German in the 7th yesterday. They're definitely not dead like people seem to believe.

Paulie is heating up, and I think that's a good sign for the rest of the offense. If we could get JD back, I think we could start rolling.

CLR01
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Rolling toward what?

oeo
07-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Rolling toward what?

An above .500 season, which at this point would be a success.

I never said I was expecting a division title, I just disagree with the feeling around here that this team was as bad as their 5-22 stretch.

southside rocks
07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Rolling toward what?

Respectable baseball.

Should that be in pink?

MySoxAreClean
07-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Let's just have fun! It was not long ago we were on top of the world in o5.
I know the team is not playing well,but now we will see how many people got off the bandwagon know that the wheels are falling. And see the real fans show up even thought the team is not winning.

Let all Unite and Go Streaking Thru out the Cell. Who is with me?:bandance:

JB98
07-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Anyone feel me?

From where I'm sitting, it's up to the Sox to resurrect themselves and us as a fan base.

I've watched most of the games this year, and they've done everything possible to suck the positive energy right out of me.

CLR01
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
It's obviously a long shot but if we can go 6-1 we'll be 41-44 with 12 games left against CLE and 13 against DET.

They had one to spare. It starts tomorrow.

JB98
07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
From where I'm sitting, it's up to the Sox to resurrect themselves and us as a fan base.

I've watched most of the games this year, and they've done everything possible to suck the positive energy right out of me.

Case in point.

chisoxmike
07-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Back to sucking...

"I got two."