PDA

View Full Version : Visiting U.S. Cellular Park (Couple Questions)

EndemicSox
07-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Me and a buddy will be visiting Chicago this week and I'm hoping a fellow Sox fan can help me out with a few questions.

I just checked WhiteSox.com with the intent to purchase two tickets for the nosebleed section, and lo and behold, the ticketmaster charges doubled the cost of the tickets. This is simply unacceptable, so my question(s) is, can I purchase tickets for today's game versus the Orioles(7/2) at the box-office with no added charges? If so, what time should we get to the ballpark to see BP/fielding/assure ourselves of a ticket for the game? Any other reccommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hawkjt
07-02-2007, 02:07 AM
yes, you can purchase tickets at the ballpark with no extra charges..

tomorrow is a half-price nite so I would get the early(5:00 PM) and buy tickets immediately.. then the park opens at 5:30 I believe.

Parrothead
07-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Me and a buddy will be visiting Chicago this week and I'm hoping a fellow Sox fan can help me out with a few questions.

I just checked WhiteSox.com with the intent to purchase two tickets for the nosebleed section, and lo and behold, the ticketmaster charges doubled the cost of the tickets. This is simply unacceptable, so my question(s) is, can I purchase tickets for today's game versus the Orioles(7/2) at the box-office with no added charges? If so, what time should we get to the ballpark to see BP/fielding/assure ourselves of a ticket for the game? Any other reccommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, Upper deck tickets do not give you access to the lower deck. So buy lower deck if you can.

ChiSox524
07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
I went to the box office Saturday morning and got 6 tickets together for Mondays game in Sec. 136 for half price and no service fees. It might have helped that I told the guy I have a 27 game package and offered to give my account number which he said he didn't need, but I think he said the tickets were released Saturday morning. I am sure if I could get 6 together almost behind home plate, you could at least sit in the lower deck.

CRAW
07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
We're coming in for the July 4th game, and I've been told the park opens 1.5 hours prior to game time. Is this correct?

salty99
07-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes 1 1/2 hour before gametime the gates open.

alohafri
07-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes 1 1/2 hour before gametime the gates open.

And the parking lot opens 2 and a half hours before game for tailgating.

Foulke You
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
And the parking lot opens 2 and a half hours before game for tailgating.
Hey alohafri, I'm new to tailgating (I normally take the L) but on the 4th of July, I'm going to tailgate for the first time. Which lots are open to non-season ticket holders? Are they close to the ballpark or are they the ones near the IIT campus?

MCHSoxFan
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey alohafri, I'm new to tailgating (I normally take the L) but on the 4th of July, I'm going to tailgate for the first time. Which lots are open to non-season ticket holders? Are they close to the ballpark or are they the ones near the IIT campus?

Lots G/E/F/L are "Cash" lots. It cost $20 to park there. Get there ASAP. LOTS OPEN 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME!

Lot G is Located on 33rd-35th and Normal AVE.

LOTS E/F/L are located on 37th and Wells-Shields.

I would go to 37th st. because there are more lots available.

Jerko
07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Lots G/E/F/L are "Cash" lots. It cost $20 to park there. Get there ASAP. LOTS OPEN 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME!

Lot G is Located on 33rd-35th and Normal AVE.

LOTS E/F/L are located on 37th and Wells-Shields.

I would go to 37th st. because there are more lots available.

If you DO go to lot G, the entrance on Normal is only accessible from 35th street. If you take 33rd and go South on Normal you'll hit a cul-de-sac before you reach the lot opening. There is an entrance on 33rd just west of the viaduct but I'm not sure if it's open before the game or if they just use it to let traffic out afterwards.

MCHSoxFan
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
If you DO go to lot G, the entrance on Normal is only accessible from 35th street. If you take 33rd and go South on Normal you'll hit a cul-de-sac before you reach the lot opening. There is an entrance on 33rd just west of the viaduct but I'm not sure if it's open before the game or if they just use it to let traffic out afterwards.

I did know about the cul-de-sac because I live on Normal. However, I did not think that would make a difference because you can enter on 33rd & Canal. I guess, do NOT risk it. If coming from the East side Go west on 35th and then take a right on Normal and then enter lot G. If coming from the West side, go down 35th and then take a left on Normal and then enter the lot.

$20 CASH FOR THE LOTS!

DumpJerry
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
It is my recollection that you CANNOT TAILGATE IN LOT G. Check www.Whitesox.com (http://www.Whitesox.com)

Today (Monday) is half-price night.

You will not see the White Sox BP, they take it before the gates open. You will see the O's take BP.

Bring your appetite.

Jerko
07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Tailgating
Can fans tailgate before White Sox games?
Tailgating is allowed and encouraged in White Sox parking lots A-G and L before every home game until game time. Parking lots open two hours prior to game time. Please use personal-size grills and bring one gallon of water to extinguish the coals. In order to maintain a family atmosphere, kegs are not permitted in the lots.

alohafri
07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
It is my recollection that you CANNOT TAILGATE IN LOT G. Check www.Whitesox.com (http://www.Whitesox.com)

Today (Monday) is half-price night.

You will not see the White Sox BP, they take it before the gates open. You will see the O's take BP.

Bring your appetite.

You can. A-G and L are open to tailgating. Makes me wonder who stole lots H-K.

I tailgated in Lot G in the first ALDS game against the Red Sox.

Avoid the gravel lot (L) at all costs.