07-01-2007, 04:30 PM
That a way boys. Good Solid game today. Now lets get those O's

LongLiveFisk
07-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Woohoo! :bandance:

We're on a roll, baby!! :)

Navarro's Talent
07-01-2007, 04:32 PM
If only the Sox could do this more often....

Good game. Let's get some more W's. :cool:

DickAllen72
07-01-2007, 04:32 PM
The White Sox are back! :)

The Racehorse
07-01-2007, 04:33 PM
The season is long gone, the papers are rife with trade rumor-smack, players are barely batting their body weight and or OBP... but I don't care who we beat because I like to win!

Great game Gar... beers on me. :gulp:

Patrick134
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
History shows that many red hot early teams cool off after the break, and many ice cold teams heat up after the break. Could it be the year the sox go on a second half tear ? Perhaps. Stay tuned.

Rockabilly
07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
lets win 3/4 aganist Balt

DickAllen72
07-01-2007, 04:38 PM
History shows that many red hot early teams cool off after the break, and many ice cold teams heat up after the break. Could it be the year the sox go on a second half tear ? Perhaps. Stay tuned.
Yes, it could.

DickAllen72
07-01-2007, 04:39 PM
lets win 3/4 aganist Balt
That'd be nice. 4/4 would be better though. :gulp:

MushMouth
07-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Next 7 are ours!

:bandance:

Corlose 15
07-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Today is a prime example of why you build this rotation around Buehrle and Garland. *cough*Get on it Kenny*cough*

RowanDye
07-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Good win, nice pitching from Big Jon a good game Gonzo at the plate.

Hopefully Pods doesn't wind up back on the DL and we can keep this train rolling over Baltimore!

ChicagoG19
07-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I just hope we take 2 of 3 from minnesota, I hate the twins more than any other team.

Tragg
07-01-2007, 05:18 PM
The pitching's settled down, so the team is playing better. Like to see some real prospects in the outfield instead of ozzie's utility players...probably have to wait a couple of months, though.

munchman33
07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
People. We beat the Devil Rays and the Royals. Enjoy, but don't get too cared away. Second half tear? We simply beat the two teams worse than us. And if we beat the Orioles, we might only be the fourth worst team in the American League. Relax a little.

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
People. We beat the Devil Rays and the Royals. Enjoy, but don't get too cared away. Second half tear? We simply beat the two teams worse than us. And if we beat the Orioles, we might only be the fourth worst team in the American League. Relax a little.

try relaxing a lot.

Martinigirl
07-01-2007, 05:35 PM
we might only be the fourth worst team in the American League. Relax a little.

Yes, but for a while we looked worse than those other three teams.

You can't turn a team around unless you beat bad teams. At least it is a step in the right direction. And as an extra bonus, you don't want to stick straight pins into your eyeballs while watching the games.

Frankfan4life
07-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Great job by JG and the BP and nice hitting by PK. :bandance: The good thing about this game is that even when the Sox were down 1-0, I actually felt that they would win the game. I haven't felt confident about the Sox pulling out a win in a long time.

Next feat for the Sox -- a good old-fashioned blow-out. Oh, and getting Buehrle signed!! :smile:

DumpJerry
07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I just hope we take 2 of 3 from minnesota, I hate the twins more than any other team.
Ummm......we have four against Minnesota. Friday is a split DH makeup from April when it was too cold to play.

BeviBall!
07-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I like the fact we're playing solid baseball again. I wish it wasn't TB and KC, but we should take what we get.

ChicagoG19
07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Ummm......we have four against Minnesota. Friday is a split DH makeup from April when it was too cold to play.

You are right my friend, forgot about the DH on friday. In that case 3 out of 4.

santo=dorf
07-01-2007, 06:31 PM
http://www.fmstar.com/graphic/j/j0171.jpg
is impressed

cbotnyse
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
People. We beat the Devil Rays and the Royals. Enjoy, but don't get too cared away. Second half tear? We simply beat the two teams worse than us. And if we beat the Orioles, we might only be the fourth worst team in the American League. Relax a little.:lol: very true.

Grzegorz
07-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I like the fact we're playing solid baseball again. I wish it wasn't TB and KC, but we should take what we get.

The Chicago White Sox are still leaving too many men is scoring position. But, the wins are nice regardless of who they're playing.

TDog
07-01-2007, 06:56 PM

The Twins are 3-4 against Tampa Bay and 2-3 against Kansas City. The Sox are 6-2 against Kansas City. Detroit is 7-2, but Cleveland is 3-3. Before that Sox beat the Royals Saturday, the Royals had won five straight, including a three-game sweep of the first-place Angels a an extra-inning win on a bases-loaded walk against the first-place Brewers.

Wins are wins They're not a given against any team.

JB98
07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
We should have scored a lot more runs today than we did. Thomson was garbage, and we let him off the hook in the first and third innings.

Hopefully, we can get some big hits on this homestand to back up our pitchers, who have been just outstanding on this road trip. We held our opponents to just one run in four of the seven games this week. You're going to win some games if you keep doing that.

Very well-pitched game today by Garland and friends.

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
:gulp:The Twins are 3-4 against Tampa Bay and 2-3 against Kansas City. The Sox are 6-2 against Kansas City. Detroit is 7-2, but Cleveland is 3-3. Before that Sox beat the Royals Saturday, the Royals had won five straight, including a three-game sweep of the first-place Angels a an extra-inning win on a bases-loaded walk against the first-place Brewers.

Wins are wins They're not a given against any team.

hose
07-01-2007, 08:04 PM
AG was all good today:bandance:

JG was even better:bandance::bandance:

woohoo!!!!!!!

Patrick134
07-01-2007, 08:06 PM

When the Sox are going bad this year, they've proven they can lose to anybody. When the Sox are playing well, they've proven they can beat anybody.

cws05champ
07-01-2007, 08:11 PM

A win is a win is a win! Sounds like you would rather we lose just so you have something to complain about. This is the reason there always 4X the posts after a loss than a win :angry:.

With the way this team was playing, we needed some baby steps to get us going. Hopefully this may slingshot us on a good tear. I understand your reasoning that they are two bad teams....but they are still ML teams that you have to beat. I still think the offense needs to step it up a notch...if that happens, along with the good starting pitching and the bullpen hopefully turning the corner, you never know!

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 08:19 PM
What exactly do you people think we're turning the corner to? 3rd place? cus that's as good as we can finish in this division this year and to think otherwise is delusional.

Patrick134
07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
What exactly do you people think we're turning the corner to? 3rd place? cus that's as good as we can finish in this division this year and to think otherwise is delusional.

The Tigers and Tribe are slump proof ? Guarranteed to be injury free ? Assuming anything, good or bad, is delusional.

Martinigirl
07-01-2007, 08:42 PM
The Tigers and Tribe are slump proof ? Guarranteed to be injury free ? Assuming anything, good or bad, is delusional.

Assuming the bad doesn't make you delusional.

I am just enjoying the fact that the Sox aren't currently painful to watch. I don't think that makes me delusional, a Kool-Aid drinker or anything else.

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry, you're right, the Twins, who we trail by 6, the Tigers, and Indians, who we trail by double digits, are all gonna go into a huge tailspin, and in the first time in baseball history, when those teams play each other, they both will lose. :o:

oeo
07-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Actually, with the bullpens those two teams have, they're both destined for bad second halves. Especially the Tigers, who are batting an unbelievable .290 (which will come down), with one of the worst bullpens in baseball. Look for the Twins to win the division again...and with the best starting pitching in the division, we were an average bullpen away from being right there.

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Actually, with the bullpens those two teams have, they're both destined for bad second halves. Especially the Tigers, who are batting an unbelievable .290 (which will come down), with one of the worst bullpens in baseball. Look for the Twins to win the division again.

I would call that an extreme longshot, but they might finish 2nd. they have the best manager, and play the most fundamental baseball of the teams in our division, but they have 2 to catch, i can see them chasing down 1 of them possibly.

oeo
07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I would call that an extreme longshot, but they might finish 2nd. they have the best manager, and play the most fundamental baseball of the teams in our division, but they have 2 to catch, i can see them chasing down 1 of them possibly.

The Twins are not 12.5 back like we are. Two to catch, but they're only 6 games out with 80+ games to go...that's not difficult, especially when IMO, the Tigers will have a huge fall off in the second half, and the Indians will not be as good either.

You're making zero sense right now...it's not September, and they're not way out of the division like we are. It's entirely possible, and right now it looks like it's going to happen. And whether they have the best coach or not (not, IMO) or play fundamental baseball has nothing to do with it...the Twins look primed for another second half run and the Tigers/Indians look primed for a second half fall.

Railsplitter
07-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Sox win, two straight and take a series.

The bananas shall dance. :bandance::bandance:

GlassSox
07-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I enjoy watching the Sox win. :D: I want to watch more wins. Time will tell where it all winds up but mean while I for one will continue to support the effort. Oh yea, sign Mark!

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 09:31 PM
The Twins are not 12.5 back like we are. Two to catch, but they're only 6 games out with 80+ games to go...that's not difficult, especially when IMO, the Tigers will have a huge fall off in the second half, and the Indians will not be as good either.

You're making zero sense right now...it's not September, and they're not way out of the division like we are. It's entirely possible, and right now it looks like it's going to happen. And whether they have the best coach or not (not, IMO) or play fundamental baseball has nothing to do with it...the Twins look primed for another second half run and the Tigers/Indians look primed for a second half fall.

I'm making no sense? pm me and will wager anything you want.

flo-B-flo
07-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I've written this before. When he's good you'll see funny swings and broken bats. He got out of a couple of tough jams too.

oeo
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm making no sense? pm me and will wager anything you want.

Yes, 'extreme longshot' on the Twins chances of winning the division? They just showed a graphic on SportsCenter...the Twins have the third best record since May 22. They have the better bullpen and their starting pitching always finds a way to solidify itself every year. Then look at the Tigers. They're hitting out of their minds right now, and have one of the worst bullpens in all of baseball. How about the Indians? Hitting about what they will for the rest of the year, but will that bullpen hold up? Is their starting pitching going to hold up?

Again, the Twins were much more out of it last year at this time, and caught two teams. They've been playing the best in the division lately, and will most likely do it the rest of the year.

palehozenychicty
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes, 'extreme longshot' on the Twins chances of winning the division? They just showed a graphic on SportsCenter...the Twins have the third best record since May 22. They have the better bullpen and their starting pitching always finds a way to solidify itself every year. Then look at the Tigers. They're hitting out of their minds right now, and have one of the worst bullpens in all of baseball. How about the Indians? Hitting about what they will for the rest of the year, but will that bullpen hold up? Is their starting pitching going to hold up?

Again, the Twins were much more out of it last year at this time, and caught two teams. They've been playing the best in the division lately, and will most likely do it the rest of the year and then flop in the postseason like usual.

Had to become the master of obvious future events. :cool:

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Again, the Twins were much more out of it last year at this time, and caught two teams. They've been playing the best in the division lately, and will most likely do it the rest of the year.

name your amount.

SOXandILLINI
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM

And just for giggles, if gardenhire isn't the best manager in the division, who is? As if i don't know the answer.. lmao... the man you'd mention is 3rd at BEST.

oeo
07-01-2007, 10:54 PM
And just for giggles, if gardenhire isn't the best manager in the division, who is?

1. Leyland
2. Gardenhire
3. Ozzie
4. Captain Wedgie
4. Bell

Come talk to me when Gardenhire can actually win something in the postseason. And this is probably the best managed division in all of baseball, so having Ozzie third does not mean he's bad.

As if i don't know the answer.. lmao... the man you'd mention is 3rd at BEST.Why so obnoxious tonight, SOXandILLINI? Just because I like Ozzie as a manager does not mean I'm oblivious to the fact that the managers in this division are very good.

Nellie_Fox
07-02-2007, 12:57 AM
The Chicago White Sox are still leaving too many men is scoring position. But, the wins are nice regardless of who they're playing.And I had to listen on XM to the KC announcer talking through his loose dentures all afternoon about how "this just doesn't look like a game the Sox can win" because of how many scoring opportunities they were letting go.

hawkjt
07-02-2007, 01:16 AM
I hate to get on AJ but man, does he have to swing from his heels and try to duck hook everything even when we just need a fly ball to left or even a ground ball ? he just killed us early, thankfully Jon made it stand up.. I love watching those starters get in a good rythm like danks and garland the last two nites.. Garland is just a fine pitcher now, with lots of pitches he can throw for strikes and an ability to throw a strike on 3-2 counts.. MB and Garland are just anchors for this franchise and they better wake up and realize that..

TDog
07-02-2007, 02:09 AM
And I had to listen on XM to the KC announcer talking through his loose dentures all afternoon about how "this just doesn't look like a game the Sox can win" because of how many scoring opportunities they were letting go.

Didn't the Kansas City announcers notice their team was letting go of scoring opportunities as well?

Railsplitter
07-02-2007, 06:52 AM
I hate to get on AJ but man, does he have to swing from his heels and try to duck hook everything even when we just need a fly ball to left or even a ground ball ? he just killed us early, thankfully Jon made it stand up.. I love watching those starters get in a good rythm like danks and garland the last two nites.. Garland is just a fine pitcher now, with lots of pitches he can throw for strikes and an ability to throw a strike on 3-2 counts.. MB and Garland are just anchors for this franchise and they better wake up and realize that..

I agree about AJ. A single would have scored two runs in the first.

My theory about why so many homers seem to come in the early innings or with the bases empty is that the guys are jut trying to get any hit the can get.

SOXandILLINI
07-02-2007, 07:38 AM
1. Leyland
2. Gardenhire
3. Ozzie
4. Captain Wedgie
4. Bell

Come talk to me when Gardenhire can actually win something in the postseason. And this is probably the best managed division in all of baseball, so having Ozzie third does not mean he's bad.

Why so obnoxious tonight, SOXandILLINI? Just because I like Ozzie as a manager does not mean I'm oblivious to the fact that the managers in this division are very good.

Starting pitching, plain and simple. the 2005 White Sox, while a very talented offensive team, won the world series because of their starting pitching. You tell me, outside of Santana, who are you excited obout running out there? Boof? that rotation is mediocre at best.

i guess we'll have to leave it as a "pinky" bet, cus i get the feeling you're not really all that confident in your previous statements, i understand.