PDA

View Full Version : All Star Selection Show Delay

Viva Medias B's
07-01-2007, 05:26 PM
The All Star Selection Show was supposed to be on TBS at 3:00 (CT) after the Braves-Marlins game. However, a rain delay in the game caused that to go past 3:00. Then, the game with Florida leading 4-3 in the top of the ninth let Atlanta take a 5-4 lead, thus prolonging the game into the bottom of the ninth. Now, Florida has just tied the game. And because the Marlins did not score the game winning run in the bottom of the ninth, we're going into extra innings and delaying the selection show even further.

crazyozzie02
07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
ive never liked TBS and now that they have some of the playoffs, i like them even less, espically seeming that a Leauge Championship series is going to be on there every year. i dont have cable so that screws me. im sure a lot of people are waiting for the selections, and im sure not a lot of them care about the ****ing Braves/Marlins, so why cant they just cut in except for the local Alanta station?

JUribe1989
07-01-2007, 05:37 PM
NBC Sports leaked the NL starters

C - Russell Martin
1B - Prince Fielder!!!!
2B - Chase Utley
SS - Jose Reyes
3B - David Wright
OF - Ken Griffey Jr. (leading vote-getter)
OF - Barry Bonds
OF - Carlos Beltran

Viva Medias B's
07-01-2007, 05:45 PM
NBC Sports leaked the NL starters

C - Russell Martin
1B - Prince Fielder!!!!
2B - Chase Utley
SS - Jose Reyes
3B - David Wright
OF - Ken Griffey Jr. (leading vote-getter)
OF - Barry Bonds
OF - Carlos Beltran

No Soriano in the starting lineup!!!

The Racehorse
07-01-2007, 05:48 PM
The All Star Selection Show was supposed to be on TBS at 3:00 (CT) after the Braves-Marlins game. However, a rain delay in the game caused that to go past 3:00. Then, the game with Florida leading 4-3 in the top of the ninth let Atlanta take a 5-4 lead, thus prolonging the game into the bottom of the ninth. Now, Florida has just tied the game. And because the Marlins did not score the game winning run in the bottom of the ninth, we're going into extra innings and delaying the selection show even further.

Our old friend, Miguel Olivo, extended this game with some yard work off of Wickman in the bottom of the 9th. Last night, Miguel also went yard off of Wickman... both home runs almost landing in the same spot. :cool:

Viva Medias B's
07-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Fish win! Onto the selections.

Viva Medias B's
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
MLB.com beats TBS to the punch.

AL Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2007/roster_league.jsp)

MarySwiss
07-01-2007, 06:09 PM
1B--David Ortiz?

Well, just in case anyone thought for some reason the All-Star game would somehow not be a joke this year... so much for that.

Has David Ortiz even played first base this year? ESPN.com's Boston Red Sox roster has him listed among the outfielders, albeit his position is given as DH.

anewman35
07-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Has David Ortiz even played first base this year? ESPN.com's Boston Red Sox roster has him listed among the outfielders, albeit his position is given as DH.

He's played 7 games there. I don't really have a problem with it, though - if it was Jim Thome having a huge season and got elected at first base, or Frank Thomas back when he was DHing for us, I'd be fine with it, so I can't really complain now.

BiggestFan14
07-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Homefield is on the line, so I don't mind Ortiz being there at first.

Overall, the only position I can complain about is the starting Catcher. Looks good to me though otherwise.

JUribe1989
07-01-2007, 06:44 PM
No Eric Byrnes or Hanley Ramirez makes the NL team an absolute joke. I couldn't be happier that Rowand made it though.

DeadMoney
07-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Congrats to Rowand!

JUribe1989
07-01-2007, 06:48 PM
How in the hell did Brian Fuentes make it? The Rockies are my second favorite team and I still can't believe it. He was removed from the closers role temporarily for this week in favor of Manny Corpas/LaTroy Hawkins. So if he's not even the closer on the Rockies, how could he be on the all star team?

JUribe1989
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Brian McCann? Brian McCann? .261 and 7 home runs? Benji Molina deserves it more, Miguel Olivo deserves it more. How could you not put Benji Molina on? That is just ridiculous.

goofymsfan
07-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm excited that JJ Putz made it!!!!

DSpivack
07-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Brian McCann? Brian McCann? .261 and 7 home runs? Benji Molina deserves it more, Miguel Olivo deserves it more. How could you not put Benji Molina on? That is just ridiculous.

I'm not so sure McCann is the most deserving catcher on the Braves.

JUribe1989
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
This year truly could be the All Star Game that features some of the poorest picked teams in the game's history. Jim Leyland and Tony La Russa did pick some prime players and were completely unbiased, but for whatever reason the player/media picks were absolutely ridiculous. Here is what the teams should look like. The picks I made follow standard MLB procedures with each team having 36 players and the minimum number of pitchers, except I cancelled out fan voting and went with the ALL DESERVING 2007 ALL STAR TEAM.*

American League

East
Blue Jays: Alex Rios (1)
Devil Rays: Carlos Pena, James Shields (2)
Orioles: Brian Roberts, Erik Bedard (2)
Red Sox: David Ortiz, Kevin Youkilis, Jon Papelbon, Josh Beckett (4)
Yankees: Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada (3)

Central
Indians: Victor Martinez, CC Sabathia, Fausto Carmona (3)
Royals: Gil Meche (1)
Tigers: Magglio Ordonez, Gary Sheffield, Carlos Guillen, Curtis Granderson, Placido Polanco, Justin Verlander (6)
Twins: Justin Morneau, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana (3)
White Sox: Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle (2)

West
Angels: Vladimir Guerrero, Orlando Cabrera, John Lackey (3)
A's: Jack Cust, Danny Haren (2)
Mariners: Ichiro Suzuki, JJ Putz (2)
Rangers: Ian Kinsler, Eric Gagne (2)

National League

East
Braves: Edgar Renteria, John Smoltz (2)
Marlins: Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Cabrera (2)
Mets: Jose Reyes, David Wright (2)
Nationals: Dmitri Young (1)
Phillies: Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Aaron Rowand, Cole Hamels (4)

Central
Astros: Carlos Lee, Hunter Pence (2)
Brewers: Prince Fielder, JJ Hardy, Ben Sheets, Francisco Cordero (4)
Cardinals: Albert Pujols (1)
Cubs: Alfonso Soriano, Derrek Lee (2)
Pirates: Tom Gorzelanny (1)
Reds: Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn (2)

West
Diamondbacks: Eric Byrnes, Orlando Hudson, Jose Valverde (3)
Dodgers: Russell Martin, Brad Penny, Takashi Saito (3)
Giants: Bengie Molina, Matt Morris (2)
Padres: Jake Peavy, Chris Young, Trevor Hoffman (3)
Rockies: Matt Holliday, Jeff Francis (2)

Players I took off original team: Barry Bonds, Carlos Beltran, Carl Crawford, Manny Ramirez, Mike Lowell, Grady Sizemore, Ivan Rodriguez, Bobby Jenks, Francisco Rodriguez, Michael Young, Brian McCann, Freddy Sanchez, Brian Fuentes

Players I added (real-life snubs): Carlos Pena, James Shields, Erik Bedard, Kevin Youkilis, Fausto Carmona, Curtis Granderson, Gary Sheffield, Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle, Orlando Cabrera, Jack Cust, Ian Kinsler, Eric Gagne, Edgar Renteria, Hanley Ramirez, Jimmy Rollins, Hunter Pence, Tom Gorzelanny, Adam Dunn, Eric Byrnes, Bengie Molina, Matt Morris, Chris Young, Jeff Francis

*-This list factors in final vote as well as final addition of reserves.

Chicken Dinner
07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
No Eric Byrnes or Hanley Ramirez makes the NL team an absolute joke. I couldn't be happier that Rowand made it though.

Byrnes has better numbers than Soriano.