PDA

View Full Version : online radio

YOFrankie
04-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Is there anyway to listen to the game online for free anymore? It seems that Espn Radio is retooling or something and MLB Radio charges 14.95 (not bad, but I'm cheap). I remember being able to listen to the game for free last year. Sorry if this is off-topic and should be in the Parking Lot.

kermittheefrog
04-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Thou ask and thou shall receive.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8952

YOFrankie
04-02-2002, 09:28 PM
I must say that you are now "The Man with the Plan" IMO kermit.

Mathew
04-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Will the Chigago one work or should I try the Seattle feed, any hints?

YOFrankie
04-02-2002, 09:44 PM
I've got WBIG-AM is playing for me (through Kermits site). I don't know if it'll be broadcasting the game yet though.

Mathew
04-02-2002, 10:00 PM
That station is fuc.......ed up? what is going on? Wow!

YOFrankie
04-02-2002, 10:03 PM
You referring to "the Savage Nation"? This is my first time hearing the show, but I have more respect for Rush Limbaugh than this guy.

Mathew
04-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Let's just say he's not my style...

NorthSideConvert
04-02-2002, 10:44 PM
Who needs online radio??? I'm listening to AM 1000 in New Hampshire. My 1950's vintage Grundig stereo console pulls the signal in just fine. Deep rich sound, too. Slighty staticy, but isnt that how baseball from far away supposed to sound?

GO SOX

NSC

Cheryl
04-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by NorthSideConvert
Who needs online radio???

Me. I'm all of two blocks from the frigging radio station, but I can't pick up an AM signal because of the high rises around me.

RichieRichAllen
04-03-2002, 12:36 AM
I just broke down and purchased the $15 package by mlb.com. Tried a Google search for all the potential "free" broadcasts and I'm finding they're all shut down or inaccessible. I tried Kermit's link, but it's difficult to load due to heavy internet traffic. When I did finally get it loaded, I could get any of the 3 stations listed to work. The WinAmp connection had some other program running.

OK...$15 lighter, but at least I get the games this season. My contribution to the "cause" (whatever the hell THAT is...)

Chisoxfn
04-03-2002, 01:17 AM
You can listen to www.sox-and-roll.com but they only do the games on certain days. They are on right now though. Its free and totally biased.

RedPinStripes
04-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
You can listen to www.sox-and-roll.com but they only do the games on certain days. They are on right now though. Its free and totally biased.

Sure can. And it's free with out the MLB bull****. We're die hards that call it as fans. We just try to give a treat to Totally bised Sox fans while having a blast ourselves. If you missed it tonight. We had the cops over at the Sox-and-roll studio. *****! They were being pricks as expected until they found out they would be on air if they would start yelling like ******* cops. Either way, they were cool for whatever the reason was and our broadcast never stopped.

my5thbench
04-03-2002, 06:30 AM
try www.geocities.com they are supposed to have free
broadcsts of all MLB games...haven't tried it myself, I get most
Sox games on cable & have little trouble picking up am 1000
here in Indiana

didn't help me stay up for last night's game which started
around 10:20 pm my time....have to get up early

hope i wake up to pee earlier tonight so I can watch the 8th
& 9th innings

RichieRichAllen
04-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Thanks...I've tried several times. Problem is, I've got a 56K connection (through May) and the drops on sox-and-roll.com are terrible without the high speed connection. Maybe when I get the broadband, I'll alternate ;-)

Originally posted by Chisoxfn