PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Sox Win!" 6/30/07 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
06-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Nice win.

JB98
06-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Really good outing for Danks. His spot in the rotation might have been in jeopardy after some of the recent shaky outings, but tonight was rock solid.

He didn't get the win, but he was the reason we won.

FielderJones
06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Gotta love Gooch responding to the disrespect shown by walking the lead run to third base.

DickAllen72
06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Really good outing for Danks. His spot in the rotation might have been in jeopardy after some of the recent shaky outings, but tonight was rock solid.

Yep.

oeo
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM

Danks has been throwing a lot of pitches lately, but I don't think he was close to losing his job. Danks is a rookie, we have to live through the good and bad.

Contreras, OTOH, needs to step up. He's supposed to be our #1, and he hasn't acted like it at all.

JB98
06-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Danks has been throwing a lot of pitches lately, but I don't think he was close to losing his job. Danks is a rookie, we have to live through the good and bad.

Contreras, OTOH, needs to step up. He's supposed to be our #1, and he hasn't acted like it at all.

Ozzie has commented repeatedly as of late about the need for Danks to throw more strikes. I don't think he was one bad start away from being removed or anything, but I do think they were starting to get concerned. Tonight's outing alleviates that. John was aggressive and effective tonight, showing why he made the club out of spring training in the first place.

I agree about Contreras. I'm sorely disappointed in him. I wish he was the one being dealt, not Buerhle.

GlassSox
06-30-2007, 10:22 PM
What a great finish and how about the Gooch. Wife and I were eating outdoors at the Galway Arms and when Gooch hit the ball there was a pretty good roar from some of us at the Galway Arms and from Mickey's next door. It was great to hear this roar on the north side, some Cubs fans in the area were not too happy. :cool:

Tragg
06-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Ozzie has commented repeatedly as of late about the need for Danks to throw more strikes. I don't think he was one bad start away from being removed or anything, but I do think they were starting to get concerned. Tonight's outing alleviates that. John was aggressive and effective tonight, showing why he made the club out of spring training in the first place.

I agree about Contreras. I'm sorely disappointed in him. I wish he was the one being dealt, not Buerhle.

He's a rookie - he'll likely have more bad starts as well. Great game tonight. WE seem to have the most impatient management when it comes to young players.

I think we will deal Contreras. We'll be strong with VAsquez, Garland, Danks even without MB. Better get a great haul for JOse and MB if we don't extend.

Looked like Fields had some nice glove work this evening, per espn highlights.

Railsplitter
06-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Not pretty, but I'll take it.:bandance:

soxfan1965
06-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Awesome two-out clutch hit, Tad!

TomParrish79
06-30-2007, 11:15 PM
great outing for Danks

good clutch hitting by Tad

keep winning boys..

hose
06-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Buchvich tosses 1 pitch and gets the win....:rolleyes:

soltrain21
07-01-2007, 12:09 AM
WE seem to have the most impatient management when it comes to young players.

I agree completely. Ozzie rides the jock of every young player we have, but he really needs to turn his attention to the older guys like Jose and Juan.

I understand he is trying to "toughen them up," but its borderline ridiculous.

ChiSoxGirl
07-01-2007, 12:37 AM
A winning TBGR! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3420) :bandance:

fusillirob1983
07-01-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm too lazy to go back and check tonight's box score again, but I believe Danks' ERA is down to 4.43. How often does our 5th starter do that?

BarbG
07-01-2007, 04:09 AM
LOTS of Sox fans here.

Several good plays made tonight on both sides. I had that sinking feeling until AJ stepped up. (The whole booing AJ for no reason routine is getting old. My daughter asked around us why they were booing him; nobody answered. Made it that much sweeter that he scored the winning run.)

Great clutch hit by Iguchi. We need WAY more like that.

hawkjt
07-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Way to represent ,barb. We could hear you on the tube here in chicago..

Danks just found the rythmn and arm slot so nicely tonite...cannot help but think MB is helping him focus on pitching fast also.. he was a blur out there tonite. If JonnyD can stay in that groove.. he might end up winning 10 games if they ever score him some runs.. he should have about 8 wins right now.. I like him in our rotation for the next 10 years..

And Tadahito is starting to show his ''clutchness'' again.. way to pick up a moribund offensive team with that huge hit,tadahito!!!

Now, lets get to John Thompson for a change... and come home for MB nite at soxpark tomorrow nite with some momentum...

soltrain21
07-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm too lazy to go back and check tonight's box score again, but I believe Danks' ERA is down to 4.43. How often does our 5th starter do that?

Should be less than that, considering Juan Uribe forgot how to catch a fly ball in his 3rd or 4th start.

Bruizer
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
We were passing through KC that day from Colorado and decided to go to the game. Nice job by Danks! What a beautiful ballpark! Anyone know when it was built?

Bru :cool:

Lip Man 1
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
I believe it originally opened in 1972.

Lip