06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
4 down...

11 to go :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

oeo
06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Now let's take care of the Royals this weekend. :bandance:

soxfanatlanta
06-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I'd like to see what is being written on the D-Rays board right now.

Good series, they got some momentum now!

WhiteSox5187
4 down, sixteen to go!!!!

Well, let's keep it up and go to KC. I don't want to start thinking too far ahead here, but these next two series' against KC and Baltimore are or at least should be very easy. But so frar with this team, there is no such thing as an easy series.

kevingrt
Brooms... NOW SIGN BURLY!

whitesoxfan1986
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
:winner
:sweepOh Yeah our first sweep of the year.
I really like the way Javy is pitching lately. He just may be coming around.

JB98
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Nice win against a tough lefty in Kazmir. Konerko and Iguchi swung the bats well. Solid pitching from Vazquez and the two relievers.

Only 60 more wins and we'll be in the playoffs.

DickAllen72
06-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Sure feels good! :bandance:

ChicagoG19
:bandance::bandance::bandance:
Nicely done by the bullpen this series 0 runs

chisoxfanatic
THAT is EXACTLY what this team needed! What a way to build up the confidence of our offense AND bullpen, which BOTH got it going this series. I don't know what Ozzie said to these guys in that clubhouse Sunday afternoon; but, they really came to play.

Kansas City is no push-over as of late. Let's hope this continues and we can have a 7-0 road trip here.

Dan the Man
Great series Sox. They can easily go 9-1 on this ten game STRETCH.

HotelWhiteSox
06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Pods in, Sox win :wink:

Okay he went 0-5 but you get the point

goon
06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Good series for the White Sox, they went up against some tough starters in Shields and Kazmir and the SP and bullpen were really tough. It may be the Devil Rays, but a four game sweep is impressive nonetheless.

:):):)

munchman33
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I really hope sweeping the friggin' devil rays doesn't cause people to get delusional about making the playoffs or not selling before the deadline.

Oh, **** it. GO SOX!

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Nice job. For now, a stay of execution. Let's get Buehrle extended and take the momentum on an extended run!

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

gobears1987
06-28-2007, 09:14 PM
The chances may be slim, but we might be able to just play our way into contention.

MarySwiss
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Way to go, Sox!!

Now that the sweep is in the books, please feel free to meander over to the Parking Lot and deal with my "advice requested" thread.

Is this what is meant by "cross-posting"?

ChiSox4Life
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
So thats what a sweep feels like... Feels nice! No stopping now Sox!

TheCommander
06-28-2007, 09:19 PM
:sweepHow SWEEP it is! :supernana:

hose
06-28-2007, 09:20 PM
woohoo!!!!

4 game sweep , the bullpen didn't give up a run, Paulie, AG, Gooch.... it's all good.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Been a long time, nice game by Javy as well.:bandance:

Sign Burls!!!!!!!!!!!:praying:

cheezheadsoxfan
06-28-2007, 09:23 PM
woohoo!!!!

4 game sweep , the bullpen didn't give up a run, Paulie, AG, Gooch.... it's all good.

Ranger just said 10 scoreless innings by the pen.:smile:

Tragg
06-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Great game, great sweep, let's keep it going against the red hot Royals.

The Royals are much improved...if you want to contend in this division you have to improve your ballclub every year...no standing pat.

RowanDye
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:
Nicely done by the bullpen this series 0 runs

Yeeeesss! This is the key point. The offense probably isn't going to put up 5-6 runs every night, but if we can continue to get solid innings from Thornton, Bukvich, and Logan we will win games. Not that it's terribly exciting, but Dewon Day might be back soon too.

Something is better than nothing at this point and I just luuuuuuv a White Sox winner!!!

Railsplitter
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
A four game series sweep!

Let the banana boogie begin!
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

jdm2662
06-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I really hope sweeping the friggin' devil rays doesn't cause people to get delusional about making the playoffs or not selling before the deadline.

Oh, **** it. GO SOX!

Nah, no playoffs for this team. However, don't mind us. After watching the crap, well all season, this was a nice change. The Royals have won four in a row two. I doubt their fans think they are going anywhere...

DeadMoney
06-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Ranger just said 10 scoreless innings by the pen.:smile:

Not only 10 scoreless, but my unofficial math has TB with only 2 hits against them IN those 10 innings.

I know the offense scampered through those 28-or-so games we struggled in, but the bullpen was the difference in many of those contests (giving up leads late in games). Look what happens when the bullpen is awake for a little while; they hold leads and boom, a series sweep (though, the offense did put in a 'good enough' showing as well).

hi im skot
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I loooooooove sweeps!

mccoydp
06-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Good win by the Sox tonight.

I can't remember the last time the Sox ever swept the Devil Rays, but my mind isn't the greatest.

Maybe Paulie's heating up?

:gulp::)

LongLiveFisk
06-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Awesome! Now off to KC...I think they've won 4 in a row themselves so the Sox have to stay focused. Gotta creep back to that .500 mark.

Oh...and this beats the hell out of losing! :cool:

MCHSoxFan
06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I have gone from :angry: to :D:

Hey Sox!, make me feel like this EVERY DAY!!!

DumpJerry
06-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Dumpjerry approves.:D:

Cancel those plans to go to Europe in October, we're gonna be busy!

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Dumpjerry approves.:D:

Cancel those plans to go to Europe in October, we're gonna be busy!

We're gonna be drinking hot chocolate at the parade in early November! Maybe even a little snow? Perfect for your ski club!

GlassSox
06-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh wow, I'm so excited. A sweep in St Pete is so sweet! :cool:

Flight #24
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Nice. Now let's keep the ball rolling in KC and home against BAL!

ChiSoxGirl
06-28-2007, 11:48 PM
What an amazing series to come down to St. Pete for!!! I'll take all the credit for their last three wins. Seriously though, aside from the ridiculous number of strikeouts, the whole team has looked really good. According to the my friend (who lives down here) that I hung out with for all three games, the Devil Rays are notorious for bringing teams out of slumps.

I wasn't going to post this at all, but in light of the four game sweep, I will. On Wednesday morning, I was headed down to the beach at my hotel and there's a little place called the Bahama Mama Tiki Bar right on the beach. As I came down the stairs, "Don't Stop Believin'" was on the radio there! Could this be a sign?

And for future reference, if anyone is looking for a great roadtrip spot, Tampa Bay is it! I know The Trop. is a hole, but the opportunity for pictures and autographs is unbelievable and you'll see what I mean as soon as I get around to posting some of the many pictures I got over the last three days. I'm staying at a VERY affordable beach front resort in St. Pete Beach, which is only 10 miles from the ballpark, and this was definitely the way to go. Depending on when the Sox come down here next year (anytime from June-August, hopefully), I very well may find myself right back here because it's just AWESOME! :bandance:

slobes
06-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Great series. We just gotta keep up this brand of baseball when we start playing better teams.

TDog
06-29-2007, 12:07 AM
4 down, sixteen to go!!!!

Well, let's keep it up and go to KC. I don't want to start thinking too far ahead here, but these next two series' against KC and Baltimore are or at least should be very easy. But so frar with this team, there is no such thing as an easy series.

The White Sox have fewer losses and a better winning percentage against the Royals than any other team in the division. That could include KC, because they have been known to beat themselves.

Still, the Royals have been playing good ball lately.

A.T. Money
06-29-2007, 12:14 AM
You know something? I waited on purpose to post this, but look at how this thread is 3 pages long, and when we lose, by this time (3 hours after a game), the thread is probably 15+ pages long.

Let's fire Ozzie too!

I'm telling you, some of you people just aren't happy unless we lose.

kaufsox
06-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I can't help but think of Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber: "What you're saying is...I STILL GOTTA CHANCE!"

I'm a sad little man...

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2007, 12:57 AM
You know something? I waited on purpose to post this, but look at how this thread is 3 pages long, and when we lose, by this time (3 hours after a game), the thread is probably 15+ pages long.First of all, "length of postgame thread" posts are just about as tiresome and pointless as attendance threads. How many ways can you say "woohoo?"

Second, that hasn't been the case lately. Go look back before this four-game run, and you'll see some pretty short threads after losses.

Foulke You
06-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Nice series for the good guys. Man does it feel good to finally sweep a team. The Sox need to keep on bailing the water like this and hopefully, we'll be close to .500 by the all star break. If they sweep KC, I'll start sipping that Sox kool aid. If they take 5 of the next 6, I'll take a big swig of it.:cool:

Konerko is really starting to turn his season around. He was hitting the ball well the past couple weeks but now the power switch has been turned on too. It was even better to see Iguchi go yard in this one. It seems like it was forever since he hit a HR. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong here but it seemed like the Sox had more triples in this series than they did the previous part of the entire season.

WizardsofOzzie
06-29-2007, 07:02 AM
What an amazing series to come down to St. Pete for!!! I'll take all the credit for their last three wins. Seriously though, aside from the ridiculous number of strikeouts, the whole team has looked really good. According to the my friend (who lives down here) that I hung out with for all three games, the Devil Rays are notorious for bringing teams out of slumps.

I wasn't going to post this at all, but in light of the four game sweep, I will. On Wednesday morning, I was headed down to the beach at my hotel and there's a little place called the Bahama Mama Tiki Bar right on the beach. As I came down the stairs, "Don't Stop Believin'" was on the radio there! Could this be a sign?

And for future reference, if anyone is looking for a great roadtrip spot, Tampa Bay is it! I know The Trop. is a hole, but the opportunity for pictures and autographs is unbelievable and you'll see what I mean as soon as I get around to posting some of the many pictures I got over the last three days. I'm staying at a VERY affordable beach front resort in St. Pete Beach, which is only 10 miles from the ballpark, and this was definitely the way to go. Depending on when the Sox come down here next year (anytime from June-August, hopefully), I very well may find myself right back here because it's just AWESOME! :bandance:

You will travel with the team for the remainder of the season. Maybe they'll let you be Pods' personal trainer :D:. I almost forgot what having a sweep is like....15 game win streak here we come!

:sweep

Hitmen77
06-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know if this is the Sox first 4-game sweep of a series since the World Series? I know they won 9 in a row last year, but there may not have been a 4 games series in that stretch.

Anyway, 9 more wins in a row to .500!!!!:wink:

Yeah, it's just the D-Rays, but the Sox looked pretty good nonetheless. Most promising was the combined good efforts of the starting (which has been there all year) AND relief pitching. If we can keep that up, then we can at least climb back to respectability. Parts of the offense are coming alive too. Hopefully we can finally get our 8 regular hitters plus Fields healthy and producing at some point - at least before the trading deadline.

SBSoxFan
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
30th :o: start in Vazquez's career in which he has struck out 10 or more.

DeadMoney
06-29-2007, 11:30 AM
30th :o: start in Vazquez's career in which he has struck out 10 or more.

This (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_yankees_orioles_8) also came out Wednesday night after Clemens failed to strikeout a single batter in his start, and I had no idea:

"Clemens' run of 200 consecutive starts with at least one strikeout also ended. It was the third-longest run by an active major leaguer, behind Pedro Martinez (293) and Javier Vazquez (237)."

Thursday's start now marks 238 consecutive starts with a strikeout for Vazquez.

oeo
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know if this is the Sox first 4-game sweep of a series since the World Series? I know they won 9 in a row last year, but there may not have been a 4 games series in that stretch.

I believe the last time was the series following the All Star Break in 2005, in which we swept the Indians in a four game series.

The Immigrant
06-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Four game sweep of Detroit on September 1-4 2005, was the last four game sweep by the White Sox of any opponent in the regular season.

ChiSoxGirl
06-30-2007, 02:17 PM

My pictures have been posted and approved in their respective galleries!