PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Roll Call

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 09:14 PM
So, who else is making the trek down to Kauffman Stadium to watch our Sox this weekend? It certainly would be great to see a nice contingent of Sox fans over there!

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with the hunnie. We're staying at Hotel Phillips downtown.

Chips
06-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll be at the game Saturday and possibly Sunday, but I don't think we're gonna stay. It was pulling teeth enough just to get her to make it to Saturday's game, so I doubt I'll be at the Sunday game, unless she has a change of heart and we bump our flight back.

What are you guys doing before/after the game? Our flight is heading in early and we can't check into the hotel for like four hours or something.

And after the game, we're down for it all.

:partybus

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 09:42 PM
What are you guys doing before/after the game?

Bein' great lookin'.

DumpJerry
06-28-2007, 11:07 PM
I'll be at the game Saturday and possibly Sunday, but I don't think we're gonna stay. It was pulling teeth enough just to get her to make it to Saturday's game, so I doubt I'll be at the Sunday game, unless she has a change of heart and we bump our flight back.

What are you guys doing before/after the game? Our flight is heading in early and we can't check into the hotel for like four hours or something.

And after the game, we're down for it all.
What/who is this "we" and "she" you refer to (after starting the post in the singular) and why are you wasting your time with someone who obviously has personal priorities higher than the White Sox?:?:

Does this mean Chippy has a Hunnie?:tongue:

Iguana775
06-28-2007, 11:12 PM
So, who else is making the trek down to Kauffman Stadium to watch our Sox this weekend? It certainly would be great to see a nice contingent of Sox fans over there!

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with the hunnie. We're staying at Hotel Phillips downtown.

Me and a buddy of mine will be down on Saturday. we're also staying at the Hotel Phillips. :)

I also know of another buddy of mine and his dad are going down on Saturday.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Me and a buddy of mine will be down on Saturday. we're also staying at the Hotel Phillips. :)
Sweet! Did you get the sweet deal on Hotwire? It's usually about $165 a night to stay there; but, I got this killer deal for $74 a night for two nights on Hotwire.

We're flying American Airlines Saturday morning and flying Southwest back Monday night.

Iguana775
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Sweet! Did you get the sweet deal on Hotwire? It's usually about $165 a night to stay there; but, I got this killer deal for $74 a night for two nights on Hotwire.

We're flying American Airlines Saturday morning and flying Southwest back Monday night.

Yea, I got the room for $87 with taxes included. the room itself was $69. not a bad deal but I really like not knowing what hotel I'm getting and if it will actually have 2 beds for me and my buddy. lol. I'll probably never use them again.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Yea, I got the room for $87 with taxes included. the room itself was $69. not a bad deal but I really like not knowing what hotel I'm getting and if it will actually have 2 beds for me and my buddy. lol. I'll probably never use them again.

The rooms booked from Hotwire.com are King rooms...LOL! :tongue:

I'm planning on wearing my Paul Konerko home white authentic jersey Saturday night and a Sox tank top with a Sox visor Sunday afternoon (it's supposed to be around 90 in KC Sunday). What are you thinking of wearing?

Iguana775
06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
The rooms booked from Hotwire.com are King rooms...LOL! :tongue:

I'm planning on wearing my Paul Konerko home white authentic jersey Saturday night and a Sox tank top with a Sox visor Sunday afternoon (it's supposed to be around 90 in KC Sunday). What are you thinking of wearing?

well, there might have to be some spooning going one if it's only a King bed. LOL. :o:

Either my black Jenks jersey or my pin stripped Thomas jersey. and probably a Sox or Bears hat.

BarbG
06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
We're driving down tomorrow, going to Saturday and Sunday's games, Section 107 (wherever that is). Never been there before. I just hope I don't get us lost.

Iguana775
06-28-2007, 11:42 PM
I think we're in section 119....or somewhere around there. about row 10-ish. My buddy bought the tix so I'm not sure.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 11:54 PM
We're driving down tomorrow, going to Saturday and Sunday's games, Section 107 (wherever that is). Never been there before. I just hope I don't get us lost.

Wow! That's behind home plate just about! I don't know where we're sitting yet. We're buying tickets at the gate both days, since we know getting tickets won't be a problem.

johnnyg83
06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
119 is decent, 107 is great. I'll be at Friday and Saturday. Friday is visor night and Saturday is Cowboy Hat night. Sundya is Buck O'Neill KC Monarchs throwback hat night.

WagMan
06-29-2007, 01:02 AM
I'll be hittin' the road Friday evening with 2 Royals fans (:nuts:) to catch Saturday's game. We'll be in section 121, Row LL or something like that. The one nice thing about going down there with people who are from those parts... free accommodations!

Thanks and go Sox!

WhiteSox1983
06-29-2007, 03:12 AM
I live on the west coast, so I am planning on going to KC next season, looks like a real cool stadium! Have fun this weekend. Lets get a sweep.

Iguana775
07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow! That's behind home plate just about! I don't know where we're sitting yet. We're buying tickets at the gate both days, since we know getting tickets won't be a problem.

Nice meeting you, chisoxfanatic! all though brief... lol.

luckily, they let us upgrade our room to a King suite and got a pull out couch. not a bad hotel though. parking sucked. lol.

great win!

Bruizer
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
We made it to Saturday's game passing through from Colorado. Lot's of Sox fans there! Very nice ballpark! Very nice win! A good time was had by all!

Bru :cool:

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Nice meeting you, chisoxfanatic! all though brief... lol.
Yea! Nice meeting you on the Royal Express as well! The hotel was pretty nice. We had a king-sized bed, which was all right. The windows were quite weird in that we couldn't open them.

Iguana775
07-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Yea! Nice meeting you on the Royal Express as well! The hotel was pretty nice. We had a king-sized bed, which was all right. The windows were quite weird in that we couldn't open them.

lol. I was able to get one of them open. but being on the 11th floor, I didnt want to opent it up too much. :)