PDA

View Full Version : Danny Richar

JohnTucker0814
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Just looking at AAA stats and see that he is batting .364 with 3 triples and 2 SB in 8 games for the Knights... maybe we'll see him later this year playing a little 2b if gooch is gone or we are way out of it at the end of July...

letsgosox1592
06-28-2007, 11:25 AM
i think the sox are more high on andy gonzalez to replace gooch or uribe than richar.

thats a good poll to have who would u rather have replace gooch at 2nd richar or gonzalez.:D:

veeter
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Without question he is in Kenny's plans to take one of the middle infield spots next year. These types of pick-ups are KW's strength. Uribe is as good as gone. Gooch might be. But the VERY speedy Richar is going to be a factor for sure.

letsgosox1592
06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Without question he is in Kenny's plans to take one of the middle infield spots next year. These types of pick-ups are KW's strength. Uribe is as good as gone. Gooch might be. But the VERY speedy Richar is going to be a factor for sure.

i think the sox will sign gooch for a 1 year deal and have gonzalez and richar battle for shortstop and i think they are leaning towards gonzalez for a starting spot . just my opinion

veeter
06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
i think the sox will sign gooch for a 1 year deal and have gonzalez and richar battle for shortstop and i think they are leaning towards gonzalez for a starting spot . just my opinionThe thing that's funny is they haven't let him play short at all. But they're probably showcasing Uribe, which is funny in itself. I think Andy will remain the Sox super sub. Reason being, I think Kenny is looking for a franchise short stop. A captain, dare I say a Jeter type. At the very least he's looking for a major change in team speed. Richar has it, Andy doesn't.

Mr. White Sox
06-28-2007, 11:52 AM
i think the sox will sign gooch for a 1 year deal and have gonzalez and richar battle for shortstop and i think they are leaning towards gonzalez for a starting spot . just my opinion

If Andy Gonzalez is a long-term starter, this team is in bigger trouble than most of us realize. He's a fringe guy on a hot streak and shouldn't even be talked about as anything more than a Timo Perez / Alex Cintron 25th man type.

JohnTucker0814
06-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I think the speed of Richar is the key. It would be nice to produce a speed guy at 2b a la Durham when he was first here. It would be nice to produce our own Jose Reyes or Hanley Ramirez... (I'M NOT SAYING RICHAR IS EVEN CLOSE TO REYES OR RAMIREZ) I'm saying it would be nice for Richar to play NEXT to one of those guys at 2B!

oeo
06-28-2007, 12:38 PM
If Andy Gonzalez is a long-term starter, this team is in bigger trouble than most of us realize. He's a fringe guy on a hot streak and shouldn't even be talked about as anything more than a Timo Perez / Alex Cintron 25th man type.

Why does this come as a surprise to you? A couple of weeks ago, people were naming Luis Terrero the next big thing because he had one good game.

I do think Andy can give us a better option than Timo/Cintron, though. He's picked up every outfield position pretty quickly, and Ozzie wants him to play 1B during winter ball, so he could become very valuable to our bench next year.

SBSoxFan
06-28-2007, 12:53 PM
i think the sox are more high on andy gonzalez to replace gooch or uribe than richar.

thats a good poll to have who would u rather have replace gooch at 2nd richar or gonzalez.:D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89679

:D:

Lillian
07-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Here is a link to an interesting scouting report. It's a little old, but informative.
http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/494556.html

RowanDye
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM

From everything I've read, Richar is a 2B. I could, however, see us picking up Uribe's option and letting Gonzalez and Richar battle for 2B.

Not that I really like Uribe very much, but the only FA options are Eckstein and Vizquel (possibly A-Rod).

Randar68
07-11-2007, 05:19 AM
From everything I've read, Richar is a 2B. I could, however, see us picking up Uribe's option and letting Gonzalez and Richar battle for 2B.

Not that I really like Uribe very much, but the only FA options are Eckstein and Vizquel (possibly A-Rod).

The Kahlil Green rumors are very interesting, and I'd love to see that. WHile he doesn't hit for an impressive average, he does the little things Uribe refuses to do at the plate and is a very solid defender. My problem with Richar or Gonzalez is that with Garland and Buehrle signed for several year, you still need to focus on your defense up the middle. Richar or Gonzalez would commit 30+ errors per year at SS without blinking, based on their history. I haven't seen Richar and base this only on his history, but Gonzalez will never be a reliable defender at SS.

hose
07-11-2007, 07:23 AM
"wicked bat speed" :bandance:

Mr. White Sox
07-11-2007, 10:26 AM
"wicked bat speed" :bandance:

All that scouting report reminded me of was a young Julio Lugo. That's not necessarily a bad thing if he's playing 2B and comes cheap (which Richar does), so I'd be happy with that. I would keep him away from SS and still try to re-sign Iguchi to a 2-year deal.

Tragg
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM

This is where a top prospect would come in handy...you pretty much know if a guy can field so there's no risk of messing up your up the middle defense, which this team can't afford to do.

Vernam
07-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Here is a link to an interesting scouting report. It's a little old, but informative.
http://diamondbacks.scout.com/2/494556.htmlGood stuff. It says:

Danny Richar might be the dictionary definition of 'streak hitter.' During the 2005 season while with the Hi-A Lancaster JetHawks Richar had hitting streaks of 10, 8, and 7 games at one time or another. He had three different streaks of four multi-hit games, and hit over .400 the last 10 games of the season.

He also hit .247 in May.Hey, at .247 in May, he'd have been our ****ing cleanup hitter! :redneck

So how is his name actually pronounced? The radio guys can't seem to pick one.

Vernam

JermaineDye05
07-11-2007, 11:22 PM
what are the chances Richar gets a call up this season?

Mr. White Sox
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Good stuff. It says:

Hey, at .247 in May, he'd have been our ****ing cleanup hitter! :redneck

So how is his name actually pronounced? The radio guys can't seem to pick one.

Vernam

I think it's REE-char, but I'm probably wrong.