PDA

View Full Version : the minuses and minuses of buddy lee

ode to veeck
04-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey, let's start the buddy lee vs manos debate afresh now that the season's started ... there's no time like the present to push the case for benching buddy, especially given how quickly the season ended last year

How do buddy/choice fans feel about his o-fer performance yesterday? ... and left 4 men on base while he was at it.

After witnessing Joe Crede agains the Cubs in Hohokam in the spring acting out as the human highlight film (literally taking runs off the board), I have to ask anew: why isn't Crede the starting 3rd baseman and Manos at short, period?

Yeah, its only one game at this point, but Choice (and Ramirez) were a key part of the limp at the plate '01 Sox, who ended their season for all practical purpose in only a few short weeks ... let's not let that happen again!!!

:bart

Iwritecode
04-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Hey, let's start the buddy lee vs manos debate afresh now that the season's started ... there's no time like the present to push the case for benching buddy, especially given how quickly the season ended last year

How do buddy/choice fans feel about his o-fer performance yesterday? ... and left 4 men on base while he was at it.

After witnessing Joe Crede agains the Cubs in Hohokam in the spring acting out as the human highlight film (literally taking runs off the board), I have to ask anew: why isn't Crede the starting 3rd baseman and Manos at short, period?

Yeah, its only one game at this point, but Choice (and Ramirez) were a key part of the limp at the plate '01 Sox, who ended their season for all practical purpose in only a few short weeks ... let's not let that happen again!!!

:bart

FOB I'm not but I will reserve (or at least curb it a little bit) my bashing for at least the first 2 weeks or so. 4 AB's doth not a season make.

NUCatsFan
04-02-2002, 03:24 PM

Then let's bench Ordonez at this point as well. He, too, was 0fer and left 4 men on base. He did take a walk and come around to score, but other than that, he was useless yesterday. Might as well take him out and put in Rowand or Liefer.

RedPinStripes
04-02-2002, 03:27 PM
I do get pissed when i see a ball get past Valentin that Crede would have been all over. Manos might have good range at ss, but he's a terrible 3b. Here we go agin. this will be anotehr Choice\Manos thred. :(:

Kilroy
04-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I do get pissed when i see a ball get past Valentin that Crede would have been all over. Manos might have good range at ss, but he's a terrible 3b. Here we go agin. this will be anotehr Choice\Manos thred. :(:

There's only one problem with that: You don't know if Crede woulda made that play. That ball wasn't exactly dribbled down the line.

czalgosz
04-02-2002, 04:18 PM
It doesn't take great range or skill to make that play; only proper positioning. Someone dropped the ball when Valentin was playing off the line in the 8th inning with men on base.

And please, wait at least a couple weeks into real games before tearing into someone.

Soxboyrob
04-02-2002, 04:22 PM

Did he have good at bats? Did he hit the ball hard? I heard on the radio that he hammered a line out in the middle of the game, but I didn't see it. It's a little early to be writing anyone off. From what I heard, Frank didn't look too good at the plate either.

ode to veeck
04-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Did he have good at bats? Did he hit the ball hard? I heard on the radio that he hammered a line out in the middle of the game, but I didn't see it. It's a little early to be writing anyone off. From what I heard, Frank didn't look too good at the plate either.

I know, I know, I just couldn't resist. :bart