PDA

View Full Version : Question

pythons007
06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
A couple years ago we had a situation at the cell involving a father son who tried to attack 1st base coach of the Royals. I remember hearing that they were Cub fans, does anyone know if this is true?

voodoochile
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Lique wasn't really a fan of any team. He was just a violent goofball who wanted some publicity.

Risk
06-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Lique wasn't really a fan of any team. He was just a violent goofball who wanted some publicity.

Bingo. I think that this is what always gets lost in the Sox fans vs. Cub fans discussion.

Risk

voodoochile
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Bingo. I think that this is what always gets lost in the Sox fans vs. Cub fans discussion.

Risk

Now the guy who tried to tackle the ex-Marine Sgt. turned umpire (bad move) was a flubs fan. I was at that game and you could see his hat plain as day.

pythons007
06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Now the guy who tried to tackle the ex-Marine Sgt. turned umpire (bad move) was a flubs fan. I was at that game and you could see his hat plain as day.

Is there a picture of this anywhere?

Lip Man 1
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
One of the Chicago radio stations had Dybas' roommate and girlfriend on the air the next day and both said they were shocked he was even at Comiskey Park, that he was a Cubs fan.

Lip

Over By There
06-27-2007, 12:19 PM
One of the Chicago radio stations had Dybas' roommate and girlfriend on the air the next day and both said they were shocked he was even at Comiskey Park, that he was a Cubs fan.

Lip

In fact, IIRC, that was one of the rare days when there was an afternoon game at Wrigley and a night game at the Cell, and the dude had been drinking all day before he showed up at our house. I'm sure someone will correct me if my recollection is wrong.

Medford Bobby
06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
And hasn't this latest fan interference recieved almost no huge replay over and over in the media.....the White Sox incident kept replaying what seemed like forever........:?:

Goose
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
In fact, IIRC, that was one of the rare days when there was an afternoon game at Wrigley and a night game at the Cell, and the dude had been drinking all day before he showed up at our house. I'm sure someone will correct me if my recollection is wrong.

See, it IS STILL a Sox fans fault!

You should have stopped him while he was at your house and not let him go to the game when he was so trashed!

itsnotrequired
06-27-2007, 12:25 PM
And hasn't this latest fan interference recieved almost no huge replay over and over in the media.....the White Sox incident kept replaying what seemed like forever........:?:

Much different situation. We're talking about TWO people blindsiding an old man and beating him for absolutely no reason (and he suffered permanent hearing damage because of it). One of them also had a knife.

This was one guy, no weapon, going after a MLB player (who would pound him into the ground anyway), Howry could see him coming, no physical contact, etc.

DumpJerry
06-27-2007, 12:40 PM
There is a full story in today's Tribune. I'm too lazy right now to post a link, but they mention the jerk's name (Brent Kowalkoski).