PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Field Giveaway

Railsplitter
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM
The D-Rays have a promotion whereby a resteraunt in the Tampa-St. Pete area gives coupons for free pizzas if the D-Rays pitchers get 10 strikeouts. Ozzie was quoted as saying "I feel bad for the guy who is donating them. We could be putting him out of business"

Judging by the empty seats, I'd say it's not that big a strain on the pizza guy.

DSpivack
06-27-2007, 09:11 AM
And Shields and Kazmir are the only pitchers likely to ever get that feat.

ChiSoxGirl
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
And Shields and Kazmir are the only pitchers likely to ever get that feat.

I saw Sheilds strike out 11 last night, so the Rays fans were thrilled for their free Papa John's pizza. :?: But I guess when you live in Florida and there's no Lou Malnati's or Giordano's, Papa John's is one of the only options. :tongue: You have to go to this furniture store who sponsors the promotion to get the coupon for the free pizza and then go to Papa John's.

BTW- There was a fact on the LED board last night about Sheilds.... Did you know he's first cousins with Rowand? (Please don't ban me for this- just sharing a fact I didn't know)

jenn2080
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
I saw Sheilds strike out 11 last night, so the Rays fans were thrilled for their free Papa John's pizza. :?: But I guess when you live in Florida and there's no Lou Malnati's or Giordano's, Papa John's is one of the only options. :tongue: You have to go to this furniture store who sponsors the promotion to get the coupon for the free pizza and then go to Papa John's.

BTW- There was a fact on the LED board last night about Sheilds.... Did you know he's first cousins with Rowand? (Please don't ban me for this- just sharing a fact I didn't know)

I think it could be a tough race on if Papa Johns is better than these two. I would take Papa Johns over Lou's any day.

Hopefully the fans arent as obsessed with Sheilds as they are with Rowand.

credefan24
06-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Lou's is pretty solid, I love the sauce.

They sell pizza at furniture stores in Florida? What a weird state!