PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Stadium Bleachers

NU Nish 13
06-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey guys...I'm planning a trip to NY in July and definitely wanted to check out Yankee Stadium while I still have the chance...just wondering if someone who is familiar with the bleachers there could tell me what the front row of the section is: A or AA? Just trying to get the best seats I can for the cheapest price I can and don't want to be buried in the back of the bleachers... I've tried searching for this info online but was unsuccessful...I figured someone on here has to know. Thanks for your help!

-Nish

MUsoxfan
06-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm heading out later this week and any info will be appreciated. Fenway...I'm looking in your direction:help:

nysox35
06-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Hey guys...I'm planning a trip to NY in July and definitely wanted to check out Yankee Stadium while I still have the chance...just wondering if someone who is familiar with the bleachers there could tell me what the front row of the section is: A or AA? Just trying to get the best seats I can for the cheapest price I can and don't want to be buried in the back of the bleachers... I've tried searching for this info online but was unsuccessful...I figured someone on here has to know. Thanks for your help!

-Nish

Hey there...the first row is AA...there are a few rows of double letters and then it goes single letters starting with A.
The back rows aren't so bad, the bigger issue is getting a seat in section 37, 39, 41 or 43. Beyond that are the "Black seats" which no one sits in for sight lines...the bleachers on the other side of that are a much worse view and contain the less "hard core" fans. 37-43 is always a good, entertaining time, but be prepared to be heckled if you wear Sox gear.

Two negatives to the bleachers:
1. Alcohol Free (but it's still nutty out there, believe me)
2. No access to the rest of the stadium, including Monument Park

I don't know if you're going to more than one game, but if you are, I'd recommend bleachers 37-43 for one game and maybe something in the Tier Reserved for another (that way you can walk around more and get there early to see Monument Park).

That's my advice. Also, there are bars and places to grab food right across the street a la Wrigley, which is fun.

Let me know if you need any other info...

MUsoxfan
06-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Is the UD really that bad? I've waited too long to purchase tickets to this weekend's series, and the UD has pretty reasonably priced tickets

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Two negatives to the bleachers:
1. Alcohol Free (but it's still nutty out there, believe me)
2. No access to the rest of the stadium, including Monument Park

Hmmm. That sounds like a good policy to institute at Wrigley Field. I'm sure TribCo would enact it.

C-Dawg
06-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey guys...I'm planning a trip to NY in July and definitely wanted to check out Yankee Stadium while I still have the chance...

Which games(s) are you going to? I'm seeing Toronto there on July 16; I'll be in Section M9 but don't really have any idea how good those seats are (tickets were $66 each so I'm assuming they are pretty good, but with NY prices, its hard to tell).

Its good to hear there are bars and restaurants nearby. We're taking public transportation exclusively on this trip, and another friend of mine was warning me that Yankee Stadium is in the "ghetto". But I've been taking that with a grain of salt, since, after all, people say that about our park too.

DSpivack
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Hmmm. That sounds like a good policy to institute at Wrigley Field. I'm sure TribCo would enact it.

Isn't the second one into effect? I don't think there's any way bleacher creatures could get into the rest of the park.

jenn2080
06-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Is the UD really that bad? I've waited too long to purchase tickets to this weekend's series, and the UD has pretty reasonably priced tickets

YES YES YES. DO NOT sit in the upper deck. It is worse than Comiskey when it opened. Also do not sit in the bleachers.

The should pay you to sit in them.

EastCoastSoxFan
06-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Also, I don't know if you're a big guy or not, but the Yankee Stadium seating area is basically a big sardine can -- the seats are narrow and there is hardly any leg room.

If you're taller than about 6' 2" or weigh more than about 230' you might be pretty uncomfortable...

NU Nish 13
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I'll be in NY from 7/21-7/22 and I know I'm going to the game vs. TB on 7/22 @ 1:05 PM.
NYsox,, or anyone, what would you suggest as the best pair of tickets in the $22-$39 price range...personally I'd like to keep it under 30 apiece.

Here's a link to StubHub..not sure where else I'd get a better deal, considering I already have coupon codes/gift certificates saved to my account.

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yankees-tickets/?event_id=349619

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I currently see Tier Box 651 Row F ($28), Tier Box 649 Row C ($32), Tier Box MVP 625 Row F ($35)...the MVP ones seem pretty solid but I really don't know at all...

nysox35
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I'll be in NY from 7/21-7/22 and I know I'm going to the game vs. TB on 7/22 @ 1:05 PM.
NYsox,, or anyone, what would you suggest as the best pair of tickets in the $22-$39 price range...personally I'd like to keep it under 30 apiece.

Here's a link to StubHub..not sure where else I'd get a better deal, considering I already have coupon codes/gift certificates saved to my account.

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yankees-tickets/?event_id=349619

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I currently see Tier Box 651 Row F ($28), Tier Box 649 Row C ($32), Tier Box MVP 625 Row F ($35)...the MVP ones seem pretty solid but I really don't know at all...

Ok, there are some good tickets to be had there. Personally, I usually sit in the bleahers or Tier Reserved, but occassionally pop for more. I disagree with jenn that the UD sucks, but to each his/her own. I see seats in Tier 2 Row F or Tier 1 Row L for $25 a piece. In my opinion, those are pretty solid b/c you are right behind the plate, in not that high of a row. To me, that is the best perspective to watch a game. The tier box seats aren't bad. You'll be a little lower than the one I mentioned, but not behind the plate for the price you want.

If you want to be in a lower row than I mentioned and can swing the $35, I'd definitely do 625 Row F over 651 or 649. 625 is a much better view, whereas the other two are down the line more.

Here is a link to an interactive map where you can click on each section and see a picture of the view from that section.
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

The Tier Box MVP 625 at $35 is a steal. I think you should go for those, but you can't go wrong with the other 2 I listed.:smile:

nysox35
06-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Which games(s) are you going to? I'm seeing Toronto there on July 16; I'll be in Section M9 but don't really have any idea how good those seats are (tickets were $66 each so I'm assuming they are pretty good, but with NY prices, its hard to tell).

Its good to hear there are bars and restaurants nearby. We're taking public transportation exclusively on this trip, and another friend of mine was warning me that Yankee Stadium is in the "ghetto". But I've been taking that with a grain of salt, since, after all, people say that about our park too.

Section M9 is a very good section...you'll have a great view of the game.

As for transportation, don't worry about it. Everyone uses the subway here. You can take the D express train (depedning on the time, you may have to transfer to the B train at 145th up to 161st where the stadium is - if so, they'll make an announcement about this), or you can take the 4 express train if you're heading up from the east side. Both are usually nice quick trips.

As for bars, Billy's and Stan's are the two most popular and are right along the main area near the stadium. I like a place called Yankee Eatery (right next to Billy's) b/c they serve 24 oz cans for the price of 12 oz bottles anywhere else in the area (about 8 bucks).
And for the neighborhood, no, it's not great, but on a game day/night, you'll have no problem. Maybe I wouldn't stroll around at 1am on a night they didn't play at home, but I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Have fun!

NU Nish 13
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks a lot, NYSox!

C-Dawg
06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Have fun!

Thanks, I will! I'm looking forward to it.