PDA

View Full Version : *Official* win streak--Yes!! Postgame Tuesday 6/26

JorgeFabregas
06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Kind of a strange game. I'll take it. No more Cintron at 3B please.

Err, that should be official, not office. Not sure where my mind is.

Scottiehaswheels
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow this feels weird...

WhiteSox5187
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Two down, twenty eight to go!!!

Rockin Robin
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm reminded of Lou Brown's "winning streak" speech in Major League.

I've got a good feeling about this. This could be the spark.

cheezheadsoxfan

Where was Fields, I tuned in late. Please tell me he's not hurting. Nice job by Thornton, despite Cintron.

JB98

I'm sure Fields will be back out there tomorrow. Just a breather because he's been struggling the last two or three games.

Garland didn't seem to be fooling anybody, but he kept getting outs. That makes up for some of the times where he's gotten beat on cheap hits.

Glad to see Thornton put up a couple zeroes. He pitched over that Cintron error, which should help rebuild his confidence. He's been strong in relief in each of the first two games of this series.

JB98
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Where was Fields, I tuned in late. Please tell me he's not hurting. Nice job by Thornton, despite Cintron.

Just a day off after a couple of rough days at the plate.

DannyCaterFan
06-26-2007, 09:43 PM
All I can say is "Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn every now and then" Let's not get too excited over 2 wins.

Kwrubac
06-26-2007, 09:44 PM
We managed to score runs and hold the lead..amazing:bandance::bandance:

HotelWhiteSox
Pods in, Sox win :wink:

hi im skot
I could get used to this...

JB98
06-26-2007, 09:45 PM
All I can say is "Even a blind squirell gets an acorn every now and then" Let's not get too excited over 2 wins.

Better than the bull**** we've been putting up with for the last month, no?

I think it would be good advice to enjoy every win we get this season.

hose
06-26-2007, 09:45 PM
woohoo 2 in a row:bandance::bandance:

the pen had another good outing....yes!!!!

Frater Perdurabo
06-26-2007, 09:46 PM
As long as they keep winning, I'd like KW to hold off the sell-off.

Nice win. Let's go for three in a row, and use this as a springboard to better things.

MUsoxfan
06-26-2007, 09:46 PM
http://nicksagan.blogs.com/nick_sagan_online/images/thejerk1979dvdripdivxtripdivx1.jpg

"GOOD THINGS ARE GOING TO START HAPPENING TO ME NOW!!":bandance:

Kwrubac
06-26-2007, 09:47 PM

yes, they seem as though they will be few and far between...

DannyCaterFan
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
You're right, I am still happy they won, and I continue to watch them, but it's way too soon to think they have turned the corner.

pills11.com ;))pills11.com ;))

VenturaFan23
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
All I can say is "Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn every now and then" Let's not get too excited over 2 wins.

Hey we haven't done this since May, so of course we're gonna get excited!

veeter
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Great feeling winning two in a row. Garland is steady Eddie. Cintron should be released. Thome's trade value is going up. Andy Gonzalez could be big for this team in the future, as the super-sub.

oeo
06-26-2007, 09:53 PM

No one is expecting a come back. But, at the same time nothing has gone our way all year...eventually some wins are going to come our way. We're not a 5-22 team like we played like over those 27 games.

Let's not come here and rain on our parade.

Tragg
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Let's sweep these bums. I don't recall us ever sweeping in Tampa.

It's too bad we squandered what was an extremely favorable national league schedule (only 1 winning team and not one of the best).

CLR01
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
:supernana: We have a winning streak! :supernana:

CLR01
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Pods in, Sox win :wink:

2-2 anyway. :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
First back-to-back wins since winning 3 in a row May 20-22, as flashed on the screen at the conclusion of this one. I'll take it!

I'll have to give Uribe some credit for his performance the past couple of games. I'm liking what Andy Gonzales is offering.

Let's take it a game at a time. Buehrle's pitching tomorrow. Let's win our first series of the month.

GlassSox
It is good to watch two wins. Maybe this will be confidence builder. Bull pen pretty good too. I am cautiously hopeful! :D:

StillMissOzzie

Ahem...according to Lou Brown, it's not a winning streak until we win three in a row. But I'll take it!

SMO
:gulp:

kobo
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
You're right, I am still happy they won, and I continue to watch them, but it's way too soon to think they have turned the corner.

Who said anything about turning a corner? Everyone's just happy the team won 2 in a row for the first time since May.

CLR01
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Ahem...according to Lou Brown, it's not a winning streak until we win three in a row. But I'll take it!

SMO

Lou Brown looks like an alcoholic, I refuse to believe anything he says.

MushMouth
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
15 IN A ROW!!:bandance:

palehozenychicty
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Another win. I'm down. :bandance:

delben91
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
At this point, I'll take it.

:winner

Railsplitter
06-26-2007, 10:12 PM
:bandance:This calls for a dancing nanner

I agree with Jorgefabergas, though. How bad can a team be if you give them four outs and they do nothing with it?

IlliniSox4Life
06-26-2007, 10:16 PM
It's like Christmas!

SoxandtheCityTee
06-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Building out of this slowly, one piece of the game at a time. Decent outing by Garland and he gets the W he deserves several times over; Andy G. seems to be swinging the bat well, and gee, it's nice to see Podsednik playing.

Not getting excited. But it's SO much nicer than losing.

Risk
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Nice win tonight. Thornton has looked really good the last two outings too--probably the best that he has looked all year.

Risk

Bucky F. Dent
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Gotta start somewhere.

Pods back in the lineup. Gonzalez showing some skill. Couple of guys get some confidence in the pen. Couple of guys stop squeezing the bat handle so damned hard. Things start to roll for us. May as well be now.

Two more against Tampa, three against KC, four against Baltimore. Looks like the makings of a double digit winning streak.

**edit** Dusty Baker just picked John Garland as the sub .500 starter that he would most like to have over the course of the rest of the year. I think I just swallowed my tongue.

ChiSoxGirl
06-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi from St. Pete Beach! I got back to my hotel a little while ago and I'm proud to say that there are a TON of Sox fans down here cheering loudly! I was talking to a Sox fan after the game who told me Jimbo is down here, along with Pete & Rosemary from Grandstand.

When the Sox put up that four-spot in the fifth, I thought I was watching the Sox in Chicago, NOT in St. Pete! We were out in FULL force tonight and I'm sure it'll be more of the same tomorrow & Thursday!!! http://soxandthecity.net/smilies/banana-1.gif

As for the game, we looked great all-around and I hope to see more of the same tomorrow (and maybe) Thursday!

Dan Mega
06-26-2007, 11:22 PM
2-2 anyway. :rolleyes:

Pods>>>Erstad

:fact:

kittle42
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
As long as they keep winning, I'd like KW to hold off the sell-off.

Um, no.

kittle42
06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Pods>>>Erstad

That's not really saying much for Pods. All you have to do is hit over .250 to be better than Grinderstad.

Palpidious
06-26-2007, 11:35 PM
yay! here is the "season is over, pressure is off" run that gets us only 5 games closer.

CLR01
06-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Pods>>>Erstad

:o: :angry: :o: :angry:

One can sometimes hit and sometimes get on base and sometimes steal a base and is very very average, at best, defensively. The other sometimes hits, sometimes gets on base and is above average in the field. Seems to me they're about the same. Except Pods is mortal and Erstad isn't.

The Immigrant
06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/VQ_comicon.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/VQ_comicon.jpg)

VICTORY!

Iwritecode
06-26-2007, 11:54 PM

SMO

"We won yesterday. If we win today, that's two-in-a-row. If we win tomorrow, that's called a winning streak; it has happened before."

Martinigirl
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
yay! here is the "season is over, pressure is off" run that gets us only 5 games closer.

So would you prefer that they lose every game for the rest of the season?

They won, be happy about that. If nothing else, it will make the rest of the season a lot more enjoyable to watch if every night isn't a trainwreck.

Frankfan4life
06-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!! :bandance::bandance:

thomas35forever
06-27-2007, 12:55 AM
I might be getting ahead of myself, but I have a feeling this could be the start of something good!:smile:

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2007, 01:00 AM
I guess TONY is getting back from the DL!

The Dude
06-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Err, that should be official, not office. Not sure where my mind is.

To quote the great Jose, "Cintron, that guy sucks!"

Congrats guys on 2 in a row!

Hitmen77
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
So, is Andy Gonzalez starting to click? Or is it that he just loves hitting in Tampa? I'm not under any illusion that he'll be a star, but it'll be great if he turns out to be a very good player off the bench for us.

At any rate, I love this quote from him from the Cubune today:
Guillen has become so impressed by Gonzalez, who came up through the Sox system as a middle infielder, that he already has asked him to play first base for a winter league team.

"I'd do it," said Gonzalez, whose home run preceded Jim Thome's 482nd career homer. "He's the manager. If he told me to go somewhere because it would help me, I'll play there."

Gotta love that attitude. Yeah, that's what every rookie should be saying - but it's a far cry from the lukewarm reaction to winter ball from some other Sox rookies.

MsSoxVixen22
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Atta way boys! Now it's 2 in a row-let's make it 3 tonite! Garland pitched teriffic! Dare I say the Sox are getting back to how they normally play? Keep it going boys! On a sidenote, no more Cintron at 3rd please!

roadrunner
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
please release cintron (and mackowiak)

SBSoxFan
06-27-2007, 11:23 AM
two wins in a row? :thud:

:wooty:

Foulke You
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
please release cintron (and mackowiak)
I really believe Cintron's elbow never fully recovered from that offseason surgery. He is not the same player he was last year for us. It seems he has no bat speed anymore and his throwing arm is like jelly. At best, he is a light hitting backup 2B for us right now.

As far as Mackowiak, this is the most clueless he has looked at the plate since putting on a Sox uniform. He just looks completely lost out there. He swings at just about everything and can't even put the bat on the ball anymore. He might still have some trade value to an NL team but something tells me the Sox would have to pick up his salary. Regardless, I hope KW is exploring trades with Mack and Cintron. I wish them the best but right now, they aren't producing and I think we'd be better served having the younger guys play in their place.

Lip Man 1
06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Hitmen:

I saw that comment and wondered why Ozzie specifically said first base.

Lip

Lip Man 1
06-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Foulke:

Regarding Mac, I think his troubles stem from the fact that he's from the area.

Some guys simply can not handle the 'pressure' of playing for the hometown club.

Donn Pall in his interview with WSI talked about that and when I was at U.S. Cellular last May, Rich King and I talked about it. King was convinced that had a part in his troubles.

Lip

kittle42
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Foulke:

Regarding Mac, I think his troubles stem from the fact that he's from the area.

Some guys simply can not handle the 'pressure' of playing for the hometown club.

Rob Mackowiak, who was supposed to be a bench player, hasn't been under any pressure since he got here.

wxkid23
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Hitmen:

Lip

That is interesting... :?:

soxfanatlanta
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Hitmen:

Lip

Theory: Ozzie loves players who can fill multiple positions. Then again, who doesn't? If PK misses significant playing time, who do we have as a backup?

ElevenUp
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Theory: Ozzie loves players who can fill multiple positions. Then again, who doesn't? If PK misses significant playing time, who do we have as a backup?

My thoughts exactly. We no longer have Gload, and I wouldn't want to see Thome out there at this point in his career.