PDA

View Full Version : June 25, 2007

ukigdog
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
A few thoughts.....

Going into the season, many were undecided just how good our Sox would be. Me included. There were many questionmarks, but for most of us we were optomistic, simply because we were returning for the most part a team that won 90 games the year before.

The white sox team is not horrible on paper, infact they are good. I remeber earlier this year, once the sox got through the first 5 or 6 weeks thinking, wow we had one crappy schedule and made it out above .500, also with no offense. It was then that the injury bug hit......thome, pods, erstad, dye....etc....etc. Since we have run out a team full of minor leaguers.

After watching the game yesterday, i saw something that i havent seen in a while. Good enough hitting, and good enough pitching and what?? a "W".

Mark my words, yesterdays game is the turning point of the season. DONT STOP BELEIVING.

It will all start with a huge run here, and continue through the rest of the season.

Go SOX!!

mccoydp
06-26-2007, 07:14 PM
:bong:

Please, please, put it away. :redneck

jenn2080
06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
A few thoughts.....

Going into the season, many were undecided just how good our Sox would be. Me included. There were many questionmarks, but for most of us we were optomistic, simply because we were returning for the most part a team that won 90 games the year before.

The white sox team is not horrible on paper, infact they are good. I remeber earlier this year, once the sox got through the first 5 or 6 weeks thinking, wow we had one crappy schedule and made it out above .500, also with no offense. It was then that the injury bug hit......thome, pods, erstad, dye....etc....etc. Since we have run out a team full of minor leaguers.

After watching the game yesterday, i saw something that i havent seen in a while. Good enough hitting, and good enough pitching and what?? a "W".

Mark my words, yesterdays game is the turning point of the season. DONT STOP BELEIVING.

It will all start with a huge run here, and continue through the rest of the season.

Go SOX!!

I love these threads after a win. Too funny

JB98
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I love these threads after a win. Too funny

No kidding. We're 12 games below .500. Call me when we get back to the break even point. That might be Opening Day 2008, for all I know.

skobabe8
06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
A few thoughts.....

Go SOX!!

Dude you gotta spell the catchphrase right at least.

bobwsx
06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
A few thoughts.....

Go SOX!!hahahahahaha:rolling:

chisoxfanatic
06-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Dude you gotta spell the catchphrase right at least.

:wired:

Jurr
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Boy, if the Sox keep it up and win this game, there's going to be a lot of people posting on the trade threads saying that we need to keep all of the players.

These guys had a chance. They screwed around for the second half of '06 and the first half of '07. Break out the brooms.

rdivaldi
06-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I understand that everyone has a right to be negative, but are we forgetting that this is baseball? I'm surprised that the stories of teams such as the '83 White Sox, the '05 Astros and the '06 Twins are so quickly forgotten.

Baseball is a funny game guys (and gals) you shouldn't write off a team with as much talent as the White Sox.

Jurr
06-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I understand that everyone has a right to be negative, but are we forgetting that this is baseball? I'm surprised that the stories of teams such as the '83 White Sox, the '05 Astros and the '06 Twins are so quickly forgotten.

Baseball is a funny game guys (and gals) you shouldn't write off a team with as much talent as the White Sox.
Man, we've had a year of terrible play from this roster. Injuries aside, they just haven't stepped up. With the holes on this roster, including the abyss in the bullpen, it's definitely time to ditch hope for the sake of this team's future.

HotelWhiteSox
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
It really fell apart against TB this year, it would only make sense to get back to normal against TB, right? :?:

rdivaldi
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Man, we've had a year of terrible play from this roster. Injuries aside, they just haven't stepped up. With the holes on this roster, including the abyss in the bullpen, it's definitely time to ditch hope for the sake of this team's future.

I know Jurr, but we're starting to get a little healthier and we still have an excellent rotation. The odds are long, but ditching hope just isn't an option (for me at least).

WhiteSox5187
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm telling you! I feel it! I feel it! Twenty eight to go!

areilly
06-27-2007, 01:21 AM
TWO GAME WINNING STREAK YOU CLEVELAND BANDWAGON RIDING MOTHER****ERS!!!! NEXT TIME WE LOSE A GAME IT'LL BE 2008!!!! WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME BABY!!! THE MAGIC IS BACK!!!! PAULIE'S GONNA HIT 40 MORE, MARK WILL RE-SIGN FOR A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT AND FINISH 1-2 IN CY YOUNG VOTING WITH JON GARLAND AND JD WILL COME BACK TOO!!!!!!! AND FRANK FOR ONE AT BAT TO GET JUST HIS 500TH TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!! AND AJ IS AWESOME SO IS PODS I LOVE BASEBALL 2005 BABY WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

God I hate this team.

rdivaldi
06-27-2007, 01:25 AM
TWO GAME WINNING STREAK YOU CLEVELAND BANDWAGON RIDING MOTHER****ERS!!!! NEXT TIME WE LOSE A GAME IT'LL BE 2008!!!! WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME BABY!!! THE MAGIC IS BACK!!!! PAULIE'S GONNA HIT 40 MORE, MARK WILL RE-SIGN FOR A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT AND FINISH 1-2 IN CY YOUNG VOTING WITH JON GARLAND AND JD WILL COME BACK TOO!!!!!!! AND FRANK FOR ONE AT BAT TO GET JUST HIS 500TH TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!! AND AJ IS AWESOME SO IS PODS I LOVE BASEBALL 2005 BABY WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

God I hate this team.

Don't be a hater...

UserNameBlank
06-27-2007, 01:31 AM
If we win the next eleven games in a row we'll be at .500. If we go 59-30 for the rest of the year we'll win 90 games. 64-25 and we win 95. 69-20 and we win 100. And if we do what we'll most likely do, we should go 88-1 the rest of the way which would put us at 119 wins.

WhiteSox5187
06-27-2007, 03:57 AM
If we win the next eleven games in a row we'll be at .500. If we go 59-30 for the rest of the year we'll win 90 games. 64-25 and we win 95. 69-20 and we win 100. And if we do what we'll most likely do, we should go 88-1 the rest of the way which would put us at 119 wins.
:thumbsup:

Here's to an impressive .989 winning percentage here on out! Surely we'll make the playoffs then!

:gulp:

crazyozzie02
06-27-2007, 04:46 AM
I still think that this team is better than they have been playing, but the playoffs are out of the question barring a miracle. I do think that this team might have a shot at getting back to .500, but like i said without a miracle the playoffs are going to have to wait till next year at the earliest. I hope Im wrong along with everyone else, but it just aint gonna happen

Lip Man 1
06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Considering how poorly they've played for the first three months, finishing with a winning record even 'just' 82 wins would be quite an accomplishment.

Lip

veeter
06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
To me every game is important. Even these games because they're building blocks to changes and hopefully bigger and better things. So, I don't agree that the Sox are about to go on some magical run. But I do agree that this is a turning point to a bright future.

Frontman
06-27-2007, 01:18 PM
To me every game is important. Even these games because they're building blocks to changes and hopefully bigger and better things. So, I don't agree that the Sox are about to go on some magical run. But I do agree that this is a turning point to a bright future.

Every game is important. Every game gives us the chance to see something special. While the Sox chances are slim/none for a playoff run this year, who here wouldn't love to see a phenomenal game out of each of our players? Like a complete pitched game for a starter, or a batter going 5 for 5 with a few RBI's? Think if one of them hits for the cycle, that would be great to see.

Sure, we're not going into the playoffs this season, but a win is a win. All I ever have asked for the Sox to do is win as many games as they can, and let the chips fall where they may.

Front

Rowandws33
06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Rdivaldi i agree with you if i remember right the twins were back what 12.5 games and still made the playoffs. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet....Go Sox vbmenu_register("postmenu_1618424", true);

soxfan13
06-27-2007, 01:45 PM

I truly love the rosey outlook but the 83 Sox were never more then 7 games out and that was at the end of May that year. Also they were never more then 8 games under .500 also at the end of may. They also didnt have to deal with 2 other teams playing lights out. The 05 Astros now there you might be on to something. They were 16 games back at the beginning of June and 15 under at the end of May but they had the luxury of a ****ty division that no one wanted and ended up needing 89 wins to win it. The Twins in 06 again 12 1/2 out at the end of May and 8 games under .500 at the beginning of June. They also had the luxury of th Sox playing ****ty baseball in the 2nd half. The prevailing trend for all three of these teams is they all started their runs a month earlier then the Sox could possibly start. But I guess there is always hope :D:

miker
06-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Unfortunately we are in "live for the moment age" where anyone can post their kneejerk reaction on a public forum and bask in the fake glory that "their opinion mattered"...wait a minute...:?:

That having been said, I don't think we have that much talent. I'll be happy if we climb back to a .500 record and get a sincere effort by upper management keeping this kind of train wreck from ever happening again.