PDA

View Full Version : Rowand isn't the Sox savior!

RockJock07
06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Aaron Rowand was a good player when he was here. Presently it would be nice to see him in CF but he's not going to change what the Sox are.

Everytime I listen to White Sox post-game on the Score, a caller says how Rowand needs to be brought back to show the "fire" and "passion" that the sox lack, in fact if you listen to the Score throughout the day, these calls are frequent.

2004 was by far Rowands best year statistical for the Sox. He hit .310, 24 HR, 69 RBI and played a very good CF. 2005 was average at best hitting .270 13 HR, 69 RBI. He played in 157 games that year but his strikeout total increased by 25 from 04 to 05.

He is having a good year this year, but probably won't match his HR or RBI totals from 04. I'm not going to get into the thome/rowand trade but I will say this. Rowand would not have changed the fate of the Sox in 06 or this year. Yes he is a solid player but I was willing to give BA a look in CF. We'll never know what kind of player BA is because the fans compared him to Rowand all the time. Let's also stop with the fire and passion thing, it's making me sick. Ozzie has fire and passion, AJ has fire and passion, all the guys have a passion to win, some are more firey then others, but let's be real, Rowand is a average-above average batter and an excellent defensive CFer but nothing special.

thomas35forever
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
What's The Score?

ThomesHomie
06-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Team chemistry brings a lot to a ball club, I say get Cousin Carl back.

TDog
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Team chemistry brings a lot to a ball club, I say get Cousin Carl back.

Why not? It's not like any other big league team wants him.

Nellie_Fox
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
How many times does this have to be rehashed? Closed.