PDA

View Full Version : Somebody here can pull this off.......

Fenway
06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
The Mission is simple.............

Get selected and then sing "White Sox" at the proper time

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs today announced a first-of-its-kind competition that will ultimately give one passionate and loyal Cubs fan an opportunity to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch on September 22 at Wrigley Field.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070624&content_id=2046607&vkey=pr_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
"Take Me Out to the White Sox?" :tongue:

Eh - too many auditions....

krohnjw
06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
The Mission is simple.............

Get selected and then sing "White Sox" at the proper time

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs today announced a first-of-its-kind competition that will ultimately give one passionate and loyal Cubs fan an opportunity to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch on September 22 at Wrigley Field.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070624&content_id=2046607&vkey=pr_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

That would be classic. I can foresee the :whiner: that would follow.

WizardsofOzzie
06-26-2007, 02:17 PM
You'd get tackled by a fan :redneck

AJ Hellraiser
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat if I had a camera to film myself or for someone to film me...

the problem here is that singing "Let's Go Go Go White Sox" or simply saying "Root, root, root for the White Sox" might come close to pulling a Bartman in the eyes of crazy Cubs fans.. I don't want to have to move out of the city because millions of Cubs fans will try killing me

Boondock Saint
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat if I had a camera to film myself or for someone to film me...

the problem here is that singing "Let's Go Go Go White Sox" or simply saying "Root, root, root for the White Sox" might come close to pulling a Bartman in the eyes of crazy Cubs fans.. I don't want to have to move out of the city because millions of Cubs fans will try killing me

...but millions of Sox fans would defend you. There'd be riots in the streets, and we could finally eradicate Cub fans!

bryPt
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
didn't bernie mac already do that? oh wait, he said "home team" and vowed to ditch the Sox forever.

"I am done with the White Sox, and they need to know that." - Good 'ole bernie during the 5th game of the Cub collapse of 2003 on Fox TV.

TDog
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
The last time I was at the Cell, they let everyone sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame in the middle of the seventh.

Frontman
06-26-2007, 03:36 PM
The last time I was at the Cell, they let everyone sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame in the middle of the seventh.

Shhhh. Don't repeat that. The Cubs don't want the world to remember that Harry once sung that loud and proud on the Southside. Shhh.

Rocky Soprano
06-26-2007, 03:41 PM
didn't bernie mac already do that? oh wait, he said "home team" and vowed to ditch the Sox forever.

"I am done with the White Sox, and they need to know that." - Good 'ole bernie during the 5th game of the Cub collapse of 2003 on Fox TV.

Yet the bum still shows up at our park claiming to be a die hard Sox fan.

IlliniSox4Life
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Eh, I think I'll enter just to see what happens....any suggestions of what type of stuff I should put for "*Why do you feel that you are the Ultimate Cubs Fan and should be a Guest Conductor for the Seventh Inning Stretch at Wrigley Field?"?

upperdeckusc
06-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Eh, I think I'll enter just to see what happens....any suggestions of what type of stuff I should put for "*Why do you feel that you are the Ultimate Cubs Fan and should be a Guest Conductor for the Seventh Inning Stretch at Wrigley Field?"?

make up some stuff and said you got a 3rd mortgage on your house and pawn your dead grandmother's wedding ring so you could buy front row tickets to the game 7 playoff game vs the marlins, and you have a soriano jersey in every color: white, grey, and blue lol. GOD i would die laughing if i heard root root root for the WHITE SOX :wooty::rolling::worship: