PDA

View Full Version : baseball uniform design changes - a primer

cheeses_h_rice
04-02-2002, 12:33 PM
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0214/lukas.php

Nellie_Fox
04-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Devil Ray catcher John Flaherty has opined, "Instead of one or two guys looking like idiots, now we'll all look like idiots"
I think the majority of us older fans think the players look like idiots with the double long pants bunched up on their shoetops. Baseball pants are supposed to be knickers.

I won't even get into the hats pulled down so far on their heads that their ears stick out.

doublem23
04-02-2002, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but Flaherty and the rest of that team look like idiots just because they play for the Devil Rays.

Cheryl
04-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I think the majority of us older fans think the players look like idiots with the double long pants bunched up on their shoetops. Baseball pants are supposed to be knickers.

I've just been waiting for one of them to get a heel or toe caught in a pants leg, fall over and break a leg.

Paulwny
04-02-2002, 07:53 PM

I won't even get into the hats pulled down so far on their heads that their ears stick out.

I agree !

doublem23
04-02-2002, 08:07 PM

Yeah, I agree... Baseball players looked a lot better in the "good old days."

Procol Harum
04-03-2002, 12:20 PM

Preach it! MLB oughta take a page out of the NFL's book and have a guy issuing fines to players without stirrups; and unfortunately our own Big Hurt was one of the earliest players setting the fashion standars with the pants rolled down to the ankles--stupid lookin'!

Paulwny
04-03-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Preach it! MLB oughta take a page out of the NFL's book and have a guy issuing fines to players without stirrups; and unfortunately our own Big Hurt was one of the earliest players setting the fashion standars with the pants rolled down to the ankles--stupid lookin'!

I will always blame Mattingly for the pajamas look.

Nellie_Fox
04-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Remember a few years ago when Deon Sanders tried to wear his Reds jersey with half length sleeves (shorter than short sleeves, but not sleeveless) in honor of the way Jackie Robinson (50th anniversary of his breaking the color barrier if I remember correctly) wore his? MLB said that either the entire Reds team had to wear them that way or no one could.

Now tell me, why does sleeve length have to be uniform when trousers vary from just below the knee to practically wrapped around the shoe?